SNF Pre-game show

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Heavy Metal Thunder, Sep 10, 2012.

1. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Halfway through that game the announcers started saying "take away the Defensive scoring and its relatively and even game up to this point". I will always believe the Media wants nothing more then to see the Jets fail.

2. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

There was a great example on the Spiller fumble. Gannon was convinced it was a fumble, said so and said it after seeing multiple replays.

He then clearly got word in his ear to change his position and on the next replay (an angle we'd already seen) he was adamant it was an incomplete pass.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

These quotes sum up my thoughts

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

and that is the problem, your shouldn't give a fuck either way what a reporter thinks. the fact that it bothers you when they make a big deal about us looking bad in the pre-season, and then feel upset because they don't validate you with applause and instead ignore the Jets, is a personal emotional issue you need to get under control.

rather than looking for outside validation for the Jets, and yourself, because in the end you want the media to validate the Jets which in turn will make you feel good, you should simply just watch the games and enjoy the team based on your own opinions.

I felt we were likely better than what we showed in the pre-season so I didn't give a shit about the media attacks. conversely, I also felt the Bills weren't any good so blasting them doesn't feel like a huge media event to me.

5. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

they did not want to eat the crow they should have been feasting on, for bad mouthing them ALL pre-season . . .. . .

6. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I hope the media nit-picks us to death. I hope we never get picked to win anything all season

I saw a lot of players w/chips on their shoulders yesterday. I hope they play that way all year

7. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I'm w/you on this!

8. jcjet

jcjet Member

Tough for them to eat crow

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That was basically my feeling, Rex says fuck the preseason. Why were they going to show anything of substance in meaningless games? Belli has done it for years. They saw what they needed to in the Panthers game and then shut it down.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

:lol: this guy...

Before this it was, "we're a 6 win team at best! We won't beat the Bills our offense can't score, we suck! Bills will finish ahead of Jets this year in AFCE!'. Now it's, "oh no big deal, the Bill suck, we were expected to win". :lol: If we win next week it will be "Oh big deal, we beat the 0-2 Steelers, they suck this year!" Whatever happens it will never be to the credit of the Jets unless it's a bad thing. Love it.

#30 Barcs, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you mean other than the fact that I have never said anything even remotely similar to what you just posted.

get the fuck out of here with that stupidity.

12. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

I like the underdog mentality the team has right now. I wouldn't worry about the media. Sports media can do all they want, but what really matters is who wins the game when the clock strikes zero.

13. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

We have to just keep wining and all of this will take care of itself; But remember even when they report positively they are thinking in the back of their minds " Loose Jets Loose".

You know what I wouldn't have it any other way. ..Still hate them,!

14. Heavy Metal Thunder

Ohh snap, I didn't realize Carl Rogers was a poster on this forum! I went on a football message board to bitch about football analysts; big f*cking deal. And from that you try to act like a Harvard Psych professor and diagnose me with "a personal emotional issue I need to get under control". Get the f*ck outta here with that garbage.

Maybe you're the one with emotional issues since you care enough about my thoughts on the SNF pre game show that you come to my thread to compose posts, that you mistakenly think make you sound smart. Well here's the skinny smart ass, your internet psychological evaluations of people you have never met or had a conversation with make you sound like an arrogant know-it-all prick and that's a personality flaw YOU need to evaluate.

And hey, before you reply with your panties in a bunch take some of your own advice; "simply watch the games and enjoy the team based on your own opinions". Why would you care what I think of the SNF Pre-Game show or care what I think of your immature, jump-to-judgement posts? "Just enjoy the games" internet Einstein. I won't waste my time with this idiocy anymore so feel free to blast back on deaf ears.

Btw, I guess the people on here that agreed with me have major psychological issues as well. I guess we all can't be as enlightened and well adjusted as you.

#34 Heavy Metal Thunder, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012