I'll Admit, the Tebow Coverage is Ridiculous

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Backup QB, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

So, I needed a 10th member for my fantasy football league this year and I decided to ask my girlfriend to play. I live in Germany and she is German, meaning she didn't even know what American football really was until two weeks ago. She's seen me watch it over the years, but never paid attention to it.

So now she is all into trying to win in fantasy football and researched for hours on who the best players are and who is projected to do what. She also is addicted to ESPN and NFL Network now and watches it with me all the time. She knows I went to UF and am a big Tebow fan, but the other day she looked at me and sincerely asked, "Why are they always talking about Tebow?" The confusion on her face was hilarious.

It is quite ridiculous how much they cover this kid. Every day, all day. I fell asleep on the couch and woke up to a replay of the DEN/PITT playoff game followed by a special on Tebow. NFL Network is doing a special on him again tomorrow and then a week from now they're airing a new special, "The Faces of Tebow".

Though I love me some Tebow, this shit is getting out of hand. Easily the most talked about athlete, period.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Tebow is a dick.

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Moderators, seriously? This guy adds nothing to the threads, just comes in here to flame.

4. Dierking

easy, junior. Its a running joke here about Sanchez.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I disagree, I think he could use some more coverage. It breaks my heart to see the media cover other athletes, taking away from our time with Tebow. I mean the guy is only the greatest QB ever to play college football!! HE WENT 8-5 LAST YEAR!! DO you realize how good that is?? 8-5 8-5 8-5. He's constantly improving, he has more intangibles than anyone who has ever picked up a pigskin in their life... and he's been doubted by pretty much every person in the world, don't forget that.

Damn hating media. There is so much to learn about Tebow that they should be showing us. For instance, we don't even know what his favorite subway sandwich is.. We've only seen brief highlights of his high school days. Those are crucial to our understanding of his throwing motion, since that was before the "experts" damaged him. Every second spent talking about other teams/players takes away from Tebow coverage. Screw them for not showing us everything - I swear there must be some conspiracy.

#5 BrowningNagle, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  6. Dierking

Nagle, seriously? This is a serious thread, calling attention to the serious problem of the fact of all of the unwarranted attention that is being paid to Tim. If you have nothing useful to contribute, like some anecdote about your foreign girlfriend, just keep quiet.

7. iloveradiohead

iloveradiohead New Member

Did you follow the ridiculous coverage last season when he became starter? Sportscenter dedicated two entire broadcast to Tebow. What you've seen so far is nothing. It will get much worst. guarantee

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

The coverage is absurd -- he causes ratings. But also I think people are fascinated with whether he will break out or crash and burn.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Sorry Dierking - I suppose I did get a little too fired up there.

Please accept my apologies, I'm having a bad day; my smoking hot Guatemalan girlfriend was being cranky this afternoon. I'm sure you understand that.

10. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Um yeah dude, saw every minute of it. I am a big Tebow fan. If Sanchez doesn't average 450 yards/4TDs passing, and 100 yards/2TDs rushing, the coverage will get even worse. It just seems so bad now, because he had a pretty unmemorable pre-season so they are regurgitating our favorite 16 games of Tebow coverage over and over.

The Tebow special just ended and they next show looked like it was going to be about Tom Brady, then they flashed in Tebow and it's about Tebow vs. Brady last year. lol. I mean the day before the opening Sunday of the season and this is what NFL Network is airing. Crazy.

11. iloveradiohead

iloveradiohead New Member

NFL Network and ESPN are targeting new audience who don't normally watch football. Tebow brings in that niche market, similar to what Tiger Woods does for golf.

What I don't like is when the media coverage has nothing to do with football, like the kids suspended for tebowing at school or Tebow's alleged pastor who said God is helping Broncos win games. The latter story turned out not even to be Tebow's pastor but was a concoction of TMZ for clicks and controversy. I think it's safe to assume we're going to see a lot more of these types of story this season.

12. catsigater

catsigater New Member

That's about 50% of it, at least. The only thing America loves more than worshiping idols, is tearing them down when they fall.

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

The coverage is stupid but it would end, literally end if the haters would stop saying "he will never"

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Would also die down if the lovers would admit that he is a terrible QB right now

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

"Right now." Heh heh.

Hedging your bets, smart.

16. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

He is a terrible QB right now anyone with 2 eyes can see it including his fans but that does not matter because he is a great football player than can impact and win games.

It will not die down if tebow fans say it (not at all) because Tebow keeps proving the haters wrong (not that he can throw but in other ways) over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over because he is a great football player that wins games.

Hater goes on TV saying "he should be cut"

The game comes, Tebow throws 6 duck passes, fumbles once in first 7 plays and then goes berzerk on a drive and wins the game on a crucial pass after 5 straight plays where he got 4 first downs with his feet and 1 wobbly TD etc.

then EVERYONE tunes in to see the hater eat crow. Tebow played both horrible and great last year all year. The haters only focus on the horrible and his fans tend to only focus on the great. he is everything to all people, he sucks and he is good, he blows and he is a great leader, he turns the ball over then scores the winning TD. he is an enigma.

if the hater analyst would simply be non bias and subjective and say "he is a young QB, he has a long way to go to be a pocket passer but he is clutch and gets it done somehow and is exciting late in games and wins game" then the hoopla would die down

it is the extreme opinion on the hater side of the fence that keeps this phenomena going. Boomer saying he should be cut, forum member slap saying he is only popular because he has muscles and is white. Its the lulz man.

Tomorrow when he does squat the first 6 times in and everyone is laughing and then on the last drive he takes a snap on 4th and 3 and gets the first down and on the next play throws a wobble duck go ahead TD late in the game for the win , it will start the entire cycle all over again. Did you see how much God's gay boy blows? he sucks he almost cost us the game ! then the other side Did you see that clutch 4th down play and the broken play scramble go ahead TD? he won the game! over and over and over, the cycle doesn't die.

#16 CowboysFan, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Some of the Jets fans I've seen here, I don't think they'll be glad if wins the game for them.

18. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Agreed. SportsCenter is going to be littered with highlights of Tebow... blocking on punts.

P.S. awesome username

19. Dierking

some day tom brady will be as effective a qb as tim and then we are just doomed.

20. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Yep. If he ever gets to be as good, you'd definitely better worry.