Jets hidden treasure - WR

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jun 27, 2012.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

This is correct.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Merriman was on a steroid for crying out loud. No fucking wonder his knee popped out.

2. That said, Bills has been a joke for the past decade. Just who gives a fuck?

3. Gailey? C'mon. We've all seen this through IN DALLAS. He is a clueless dumb fuck. I mean, look. He had Aikman, Emmitt Smith AND Michael Irvin, and he barely managed 4 games above .500. Ok? (10-6, 8-8) His defense would periodically explode and give up 35+ points. No fucking wonder they choked last year. He knows next to nothing about defense. On top of that, the great trifecta failed to register a TD in two games that they lost during 1998, for instance. Some offensive genius he is.

4. But it is all right for Bills fans to get all worked up by this all hype team that has essentially produced NOTHING the past decade, but it is not right to have optimism toward Maybin. Ok. I can live with that.

#62 Zach, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  3. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

4. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see if Chaz has created any continuity with Sanchez or Tebow as he didnt even play a PS snap. My hope is to make sure he is healthy (something that is obviously very difficlt to do for him) and have the guy run go routs all day. Holmes, Keller and Kerly run crossers or diggs/maybe a seam for Keller to make the safty choose; and Hill a Go on the other side. Now if this guy can stay healthy!

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So, here we are at the end of training camp and nobody in the Jets WR camp stands out as likely to have a good year.

Holmes was injured for most of camp.
    Hill is a raw rookie who is going to have ups-and-downs but probably more downs.
    Kerley was injured for most of camp.
    Turner appears to be the #4 by default because...
    Schilens was injured for all of camp.
    Gates joined the team a week ago to save the day.

Somehow I am not looking at that group of receivers and thinking the Jets are going to get jack-squat out of them this year.

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Of course you're not, you look at everything with a doom and gloom glass half full attitude. It's not a very accomplished group at all, but there's a boat load of potential in that group.

Let's see how it plays out before we start planning on a replacement for Sanchez.

7. RochesterJet

I agree, however, somebody has to step up...right? It didnt happen last year, outside of JK. Chaz is killing this team as we signed this guy to be a dependable; something he has never been. We may see some more moves early this year if these guys dont come out with some SWAG!

8. Br4d

In years when the Jets actually have put talent on the field I am a very optimistic poster about their chances.

This year it just happens to be that they have done nothing effective for the offense all off-season except bring in the biggest distraction in the NFL to try to cover for the fact that they have no clue on the offensive side of the ball.

Seriously, I predicted the Jets to go to the AFC championship game along about game 4 in 2009 with a raw rookie at QB. You don't think I can put on the green sunglasses when the team looks like it has a shot?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I know you're just protecting your tender feelings toward the coming season, but I can't imagine you had a better outlook for the 2009 receiving corps going into the season.

Rookie Mark Sanchez throwing to:
    Jerricho Cotchery
    Chansi Stuckey
    Brad Smith
    David Clowney
    Britt Davis
    Marcus Henry

Aside from Cotch and Smith, are any of those guys playing football anymore? And by 'playing football', I mean in America and not for a team in the Arena league.

And yes, we traded for an embattled Braylon Edwards a few games into the season, but he was just one player. I'll take this rx corps over that one in a heartbeat.

#69 abyzmul, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  10. Br4d

In 2009 I knew *KNEW* that the Jets could run the ball effectively enough to make the passing game just complementary. That's why I thought the offense could hold up it's end with what looked like a dominant defense developing early on.

In 2009 I looked at the Jet's offensive line and I really thought that I had never seen that much talent on the field at the same time.

In 2009 I looked at the Jet's running backs and I thought that Jones + Greene + Washington was about as good as you could get short of having a great back on the team.

In 2012 I believe the Jets will not be able to dominate on the ground the way they did in 2009.

In 2012 I believe the offensive line is average at best, although no longer a bleeding wound now that Hunter is gone.

In 2012 I believe the Jets back are average at best, and that is being kind. They are way below the quality that most contenders with a balanced offense have.

Give Mark Sanchez the crew he had in 2009 and I'd be predicting Super Bowl.

#70 Br4d, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

And what were you predicting prior to the first game in 2009? You aren't going to convince me that you're not a doom and gloomer first and foremost. The Jets looked great the first 3 games of 2009.

12. Br4d

Well, you have to admit that the Jets tend to reside in Doom and Gloom. It's not surprising that a lot of fans go home to that when things aren't settled.

How many times have the Jets lost the last 3 games of the season to miss a playoff spot?

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Lol I forgot all the talk about how Merriman is going to be a big impact player again this year.

14. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

What happened to that dude? Elroy? The Bronco practice squad guy

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

We also picked up his coach from Oakland first. He must have felt really strong about this kid or he wouldn't be here now.

16. joolander

joolander New Member

i want cotchery back.

17. RochesterJet

Bills fans have been know for trying to sound very "rational", "educated", "savey", and "consistent" as they try to find a glimps of relavence in todays NFL. 1990 is very clear in the rearview for these guys. The reality is, they are still the Buffalo Bills...and that my friends is the reason we get fucking dumb posts like this and a 2 weeks later they release him. :buffaloblows::buffaloblows:

18. Br4d

He's over 30 now and injury-prone. As much as I like him, and he was one of my favorite Jets, I don't think bringing him back would be much of an answer. I also don't particularly think the Steelers are going to let him go cheaply. He'd cost us as much as Holmes, maybe more.

19. Bill Belidouche

He'd make for a great stopgap guy at the slot and a veteran presence for Hill and Kerley to learn from.

20. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

Hill Hill Hill gooooooooooooooooooooooo Hill