Madden 13...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by matt robinson 17, Aug 14, 2012.

1. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the twitter feed and the top news stories are very good to keep track of what's going on around the league.

2. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Anyone on PS3 make a community yet?

3. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Not that I've seen but I'd be interested if one was made.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

First year in a while I haven't bought Madden on day one...sounds like a lot of you guys aren't loving the game either.

May just wait til FIFA 13 or NBA 2K13 or NHL 13.

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Nance always botching play calls in this game

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

This is better than '12. Better gameplay and connected careers is better than franchise. Oh no you can't upgrade the big screen in your stadium anymore...big fucking deal.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This Madden definitely is a stepping stone. First year implementing the new physics engine.

It really depends what you buy Madden more. For me a simple offline franchise is all so I tend to enjoy it more since I don't need much depth. I tend to switch between teams/players/create a pro often so Connected Careers fits me perfectly

8. MParty7441

Played the Dolphins in week 3. Beat them 55-7. I play on All-Madden, btw.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Revis is unbeatable in this game, you just have to set play man to man and have them press the corners. I finished the first season on All-Pro and Revis wasn't beat for a TD once. Did have 7 INTs though. All-Madden is just bullshit though.

I also noticed that Sanchez requires a lot of progression, so you need to make sure you get each weekly goal for him. At the end of the season I have him up to like an 86 87

10. displacedfan

I skip all madden too.

I haven't had Revis get burnt except when I control him. I can't cover tight ends so that's realistic haha.

Yeah I noticed Sanchez doesn't progress much week to week unless I try to force feed him touchdowns so passing at <1 yard out instead of Greene running it in

11. MParty7441

I dont know about you guys, but I'm owning on All-Madden. I just played the Niners and won like 42-10. After the game I had to check that it was actually on All-Madden.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

EA really sucks at AI designing.

Trust me. Regardless of who you pick as a defense, if you stick to 46 philosophy, you are thoroughly unbeatable on defense. (46 playbook is moronic. Use 4-3 for that.)

This means you just need to be marginally functional on offense to win any game. It really works. Trust me. Madden AI just never learns.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

on offline?

14. displacedfan

Would sliders fix that? I want get through one season first before I start touching the sliders.

15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I play on all pro. Stephen hill is untouchable IMO. Especially on go routes, people complain about sanchez but I just use all my progression on med acc and deep acc.

With the new passing engine you can hit Hill perfect soon as he gets around the cb and right before he crosses the FS. He has his drops here and there but go routes he almost never drops for me lol he sshattered rices yardage and moss td record my first season.

Holmess still managed to be top 5 in yards and tds that season too.

If you get the run game going seems like ai wil press more often

But the key is having the right amount of touch on the left stick when guiding your passes, even online I catch ppl off guard with how capable I can make the jets offense.

Love the twitter feed and news stories never had issues cept 1 freeze loading news stories and a few while scouting.

If you can swing some trades to get 1st rd picks. From teams before the deadline you can make a killing trading down.

I ended up with the 1st overall and 9th overall picks. I traded down as much as i could till i drafted a DT at 20 and a MLB at 23 after trading. Bart scott and bryan thomas.

Ended up with like 9 rookies 7 in the first 4 rounds including a 87 overall OG in the 3rd rd, a 78 overall HB I got in the 4th rd. Etc etc most of these players are later 70s and mid 80s overall. Most of my rookies have superstar or quick development too. That's the biggest thing I scout for is development. It affects trade value I think cause my 4th rd rb garners 1st rd picks from most teams and offers from every team on trading block. He's too good to trade though lol

Looking at other teams drafts there are plenty of busts to be had and a few gems.

Also found a mobile qb in the 5th who's as good if not better than tebow with quick development rating. Needless to say tebow got traded. Funny enough I just started yr 2 and the browns signed garrard when wheeden went down. I traded them tebow and the news feed had a story how its tebow time in cleveland after garrard just earned the starting spot.

The twitter feed during the draft is pricelesss, especially when picks get shitted on. Todd mcshay hated most of my picks and they turned out great, so gguess ea made that realistic.

Just watch out managing your cap going into free agency the more picks and higher picks you have will count against your cap before the draft as rookie resserve money.

/rant

Heading into season 2 week 1 now.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Haha, yeah I've tried that before didn't work so well, I like using Wilkerson and Coples a lot get as much XP as possible then save it for the off-season.

Sanchez, I just want to get as many XP as possible and save them for the off-season, they got some awesome perks, but I've decided to horde XP points till the end of the season. Greene is a beast in this game though, leading rusher and just gets at it. Not sure if I'm going to resign Keller, and Greene though yet.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I just played the game on Super All-Madden, I beat the 1985 Bears 88-4, I let them have two safeties as I ran out the clock the last two quarters. I am great.

18. MParty7441

Why is everyone saying All-Madden is so hard? I dont get it. I hope they dont make it easier.

19. displacedfan

For some reason I just can't handle All Madden. It feels like their RB breaks every tackle and my WR drop open passes. Last year turned me off All Madden bad. I feel like I personally need to exploit the game to win on all madden where if I play a realistic style of football, All-Pro is a little easy but when I stray and start throwing too much or run up the score, the games get close.

Yeah Sanchez hasn't progressed much for me so far. I just finished playing NE the first time. Greene has been really good but I think I might let him walk. I haven't offered to resign him yet. I resigned Slauson, gonna let Moore walk, and resigned Keller. Slauson and Keller I gave 2 year contracts. I didn't want to lock them up. What was cool, when I went to resign Keller, it said Keller didn't fit the scheme of the Jets but he's still a good player (realistic)

20. MParty7441

I can't run it, but I can throw it big time.