Computer ranks Jets 7th

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rex2009, Sep 4, 2012.

1. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Must have been a commodore 64.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

well played sir

3. joejamfootball

I love the ranking but I cant have too much confidence in a computer model that has the Dolphins ranked waaay ahead of the Bears. No way.

4. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

thats precisely why it's a computer module...it takes subjectivity out of it and bases results on 10,000 simulations. it's purely data driven based on the outcome of it's sims.

and not for nothing....there are always a handful of teams that shock the league every year and a handful that totally flop...

5. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

6. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

You guys are sure to be Super Bowl Champs if the computer can do 1,000,000 games.......

7. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Bills fans are the equivalent of homeless guys at the train station...

you know they are going to ask you for money every day, but you also know if you ignore them they'll eventually go away and tend to thin out during the winter season.

8. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Do I have to explain to you that the more simulations you run, usually the more accurate?

I get it: you're feelings are hurt your poor bills ranked lower than the Jets.

But truthfully, I still think this simulation is bullshit, whether it's 10,000 games or 100 games, because all that matters is that ONE game.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Nice.

I think ESPN has them 21st in the power rankings. Really, none of it means anything. Just beat the Bills.

10. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

evidently, the computer has not seen the offense in action. must have been those 7 points that mcelroy scored in philly that turned the tide....:lol:

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

All you hear is oh the Jets didn't score in the pre-season so they are doomed. Umm no one in the AFC East scored in the preseason. So many people are hung up on when will Sanchez be benched....no one looks at what if Tebow and the wildcat do what the wildcat did in 2009 and 2010? Gain 8-12 yards an attempt, move the chains, open up running lanes, make the play action more effective, keep Sanchez form getting sacked 40 times, and allow Sanchez to build on the bright spots from last season - more yards, comp %, QB Rating, TD passes.

Too many people look at the negatives and no one looks at the possible positives they might see. The defense already looks better than last year - way more physical, faster, and stronger up the middle.

12. NYCBillsFan

You are assuming that the data running the simulation is accurate. All of the data is based on someone's opinion of players abilities.

13. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

Where did I make any assumption? I said GENERALLY, the more simulations run in ANYTHING, the more accurate it will be. but Please elaborate. because I already called it bullshit. So ummm. where's your fucking point?

And if it isn't accurate, then the two posts you did originally post, meant absolutely nothing as well, right? Because who knows what data they're running is accurate? right?

#33 NYDeadEye, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

you said it better than i could.

15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

My favorite of all time!

[​IMG]

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The media has been crucifying the Jets. I don't know who's really behind it all, but it's absurd. If the Jets miss the playoffs I will be shocked out of my mind. 10-6 at worst with that schedule.

17. NYCBillsFan

My point is that with incorrect data, no matter how many times you run any program, it will not guarantee accuracy. No as for you getting all upset, I'm intrigued. Why are you so sensitive because "a Bills fan" typed something on a Jets Message Board? Or are you just normally this rude in real life?

18. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The Jets went 8-8 last year not 2-14 and where 11-5 the year before that. The media has been way over critical of the Jets. There is one thing giving your opinion another to wish for or create issue.

I may be a homer but I for one think the Jets will have a good season. The Bills will be better this year also but not out of the gate. The Bills offense and the Jets offense are about the same but we have a wrinkle that is not on film so advantage Jets.

The Bills have made nice acquisitions on defense but they have not has time Gel and will not be that stout against the run.

This is a division game and it will be close but the Jets win with a better defense and a little better offense 21-13 Jets.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Johnny 5 is alive.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

How can you take this seriously when it places the Giants 14th?

I'm no Giants fan obviously, but come on now.