Coples vs Glenn

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by themorey, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I will not turn this thread into just another Fitz-Sanchez argument, but if you've read any of my posts you'd have your answer.

2. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

The Bills o line gave up the least amount of sacks in the NFL last year

3. Bleedingreennc

And? That was last season.

4. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

See "Sanchez v. Fitz"

This is a Coples v. Glenn argument.

5. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

We are returning 4 starters. Our best player and center missed the second half of the season. And hopefully Glenn, a 2nd round pick with first round grade, will be a better LT than Hairston, a 4th rounder pushed in to action because of injuries. I would like to think our o-line will be at least as good as last year.

6. Bleedingreennc

Good point, but you have to remember that the AFC East teams have added some young fast defensive talent and Fitz is going to be flushed out of the pocket a lot more. And thats where he will get eaten up.

7. b.reyes16

Fitz gets rid of the ball pretty quick. The o-line doesn't really need to be dominant in pass protection.

8. Bills_AFC_East

Bills_AFC_East New Member

I dont think you can call what I said running mouth. Saying your DL and pass rushers are going to be good? Rex is a great play caller?

lol. Did you just read my user name or something?

9. rockinon

rockinon New Member

I'm surprised there isn't Jason Smith vs Mario Williams thread.

10. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Jason smith isnt starting asshat

11. b.reyes16

hehe

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

But that's the heart of things.

If what you claim IS true, then it doesn't matter if Glenn is indeed the world beater that you claim he is, simply because your backup QB still fucking sucks. That simply means, the rotten stat Fitz posted last season is about as good as it gets - more or less because the protection won't be getting any better than it already is. And Fitz posted these god-awful stats while playing with pretty nice protection, while Sanchez did (slightly) better while running for his life. If anything, Sanchez would have much more room to improve, wouldn't you think?

#32 Zach, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  13. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

The Bills? The next Super Bowl they win will be their first!

14. Bleedingreennc

Do you frequent the Bills forums? Lots of ESPN fan boys riding the wave of the Jets not scoring a touchdown, and the wildcat craze. Its really annoying, bad taste left in my mouth from dealing with some of the Bills fans, sorry i lumped you in with them.

15. Bills over Jets

You want this to turn into a Fitz-Sanchez thread? Fine. But dont be mad at me.

I said the Bills o-line is better than the Jets o-line.

That's Glenn-Levitre-Wood-Urbik-Pears better than Ferguson-Slauson-Mangold-Moore-Howard/Smith.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Fitz's stats last season.

(1) Fitz played the second half of the season with 3 broken ribs. The same injury that Romo sat 3 games with. Fitz could barely lift his arms to put his helmet on, and it seriously affected his accuracy. He was scared to throw, scared to get hit, and it showed. He is now healthy.

(2) Last year, our starting LT was lost for the year. Then we put in a 4th round rookie RT at LT. Then he got injured. Then we moved our LG out to LT, and a backup guard into LG. Then our starting Center got hurt. We moved our RG into OC, and a 4th string guard now starting at RG. Then the RG who was now playing OC got hurt. We moved our starting LG who is now at LT into the middle at OC. If you dont think any of that affected the offense you're crazy.

(3) To add fuel to the fire, the linchpin of our offense (Fred Jackson) went down to injury. Our only deep threat at the time (Donald Jones) was lost for the season to injury. Our other starting WR (Stevie Johnson) had a groin torn so bad (that he played through, and had to have offseason surgery on) that he couldn't run deep. Teams backed off the run and covered the intermediate areas of the field because we had no deep threat.

The second half of the season was an utter disaster with everything going on. It had nothing to do with whatever uneducated opinion you are spewing. Get the facts straight.

Oh, and I never said Glenn was a "world beater" either. What I said was "he looked good in the preseason but let's wait until the real season starts to judge him." But dont let those facts stand in your way either.

#35 Bills over Jets, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  16. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

You waited over a year and a half to post this?

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

(1) Like Sanchez played injury free. (Hah!) What a lame excuse.
    (2) WFH. Say this again. WFH.
    (3) Schottenheimer. Say this again. Schottenheimer.

Still Sanchez did better. What say you now, son?

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I see it going more like this:

[YOUTUBE]B4FChkrZ6kU[/YOUTUBE]

19. SecondHandJets

How in the world is that? LOL

Glenn is a rookie, you can't give him the edge over Brick. Not after Coples walked through him at the Senior Bowl like he wasn't even there. I'll give you Levitre over Slauson. Magold is the best C in the league and is entering the prime of a HOF career so no contest there. Moor is long in the tooth, but you can't possibly say that Urbik who was okay in his first season last year is on the same level. I'll give you Pears over Howard simply because we haven't seen Howard in action... but Pears is basically a glorified back up who emerged as what? Your only OT last year to not go on IR? He's not an end all-be all.

That's 3-2 Jets, and out of the 2 you got, 1 is by default because we haven't seen Howard yet. The difference between our LT and C and your LT and C could be day and night.

I can't believe this is even an argument.

20. Bills over Jets

Brick has the name recognition, but he was terrible last year and anyone who knows linemen is aware of that. I may get flack for this, or get called a homer, but when Eric Wood is healthy, I think it is a wash with him and Mangold. He hasn't stayed healthy, so most outside Buffalo have not taken notice, but that guy is flat out dominant. I'll give the edge to Mangold, but what I'm saying is I don't think the dropoff is too much.

3 out of the Jets 5 linemen are average to below average. You are incorrect about Pears. He has been the Bills starter for 2+ years I believe, and he's pretty darn good. They gave him a nice contract extension. Don't forget, he started for Denver during the Cutler days and was only forced out due to injury. That guy can play. There hasn't been an edge rusher that has gotten the best of him in his time with the Bills, and he's faced some good ones.

Having an individual linemen debate is fine, but the Bills line as a whole were top 5 in the league in both pass protection and I think (?) ypc in the running game. I have no problem with their line at all. Hopefully Glenn wont miss a beat, but I'll tell you what, he can't be worse than the 4th round rookie that played there last year (Hairston). The two had a competition this offseason for the LT spot and Glenn won, so I guess we already know he's better than what we had last year.

Arguing about the Bills and Jets o-lines is pretty pointless IMO. They are both good, and fans of both teams will just side with their own.