Coples vs Glenn

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by themorey, Sep 2, 2012.

1. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Two rookies now starting on opposite sides of the ball for AFC East rivals. They last faced each other in Senior Bowl practice:

"Quinton Coples from North Carolina continued to show why he is the draft’s top defensive end prospect. He beat Florida State tackle Zebrie Sanders on bull rushes three times during the one-on-one period. Coples also had his way with Georgia’s Cordy Glenn, who spent the majority of the day positioned at left tackle. The North Carolina stud beat Glenn early on in the drill by using a nasty rip move. Later, he bull rushed the Georgia tackle all the way into the backfield where the quarterback would have been. Coples isn’t really explosive, but he wins battles by using his strength and technique.

Cordy Glenn does not look like he can play the left tackle position at a high level in the NFL. He struggles to keep with faster pass-rushers, and doesn’t have great footwork. The former Bulldog should really be used as a guard, which fits his skill set much better than at the tackle position."

Glenn currently sits atop the depth chart at LT. Let's hope Couples still has his #. He will prolly see lots of Mayhem too.

Can't wait! :beer:

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Is Glenn playing LT for the Bills. I thought he was their LG? Either way the Bills fan and Pats fans here have been talking about how bad our O line will be but I like ours more than either of theirs.

3. Bills_AFC_East

Bills_AFC_East New Member

Done a good job in preseason at LT. Bills are a tough team to get pressure on because of their style.

4. BuffaloBills06

BuffaloBills06 Active Member

Glenn sure did a good job against Jared Allen and Orakpo......just saying.

5. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

Our O-line has looked great in preseason and Glenn has looked pretty darn good against some of the best NFL pass rushers. Orakpo beat him a couple times but that was his first game. He looked really good the last three games.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

For what 1 quarter? 10 plays?

7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Can you emphasize on this? What makes the Bills style unique? (serious question) I didn't really follow them too much last year, I just knew Fitzpatrick was doing well for a while before they slowed down, but what kind of offense do the Bills run exactly?

8. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

Its a spread offense. They run 4 and 5 WR most of the time. Mostly short quick crossing routes and slants. Its tough to defend if the QB can get rid of the ball quickly and accurately. The Jets were actually the first team last year to really figure it out. You just have to be physical with our receivers at the line and jam them and it throws of the quick timing. I feel like part of the reason our season fell apart at the first Jets game last year is because every team for the rest of the season copied what the Jets did to us.

9. StampedeCity

StampedeCity New Member

MY BILLS AND JETS PREDICTION VIDEO

youtube.com/watch?v=MJ_sbL-JRrA&feature=plcp

check it out... it wont let me post links yet since I only have 1 post

10. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

That's because you're a Jets fan.

The Bills line is considerably better than the Jets'. The Jets still have the worst RT situation in the league, and a LT that gave up more sacks than the worst RT in the league. C is a stud. Slauson is below average and Moore is average.

Bills dont know yet what they have in Glenn. He did great in the preseason but let's what until the regular season. RT is very, very good. Depth at tackle is very good. Levitre is one of the top guards in the league. Wood is a top center in the league (when healthy). Urbik is average.

11. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

The fact that you think Jackson and Spiller are going to run wild on the Jets defense discredits anything you have to say.

12. Bills_AFC_East

Bills_AFC_East New Member

I dont know about the DL stuff. I know the Bills have the big names but I just really like the way Rex Ryan calls a defense, and IMO this is the best talent he has had pass rush wise.

I dont think the Jets offense will just allow the Bills to get a pass rush going, I expect a lot of short quick stuff similar to what Buffalo will do.

This game will be all about turnovers. I honestly dont think either offense gets going in this game, its going to be along day for Sanchez and Fitzpatrick.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's funny to hear you say this because we've been reading from Bills fans all offseason how the Bills line was so much worse than the Jets last year. So was that just an excuse for Fitzpatrick sucking?

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And Fitzpatrick still posted worse TD/INT than Sanchez, who had much poorer protection (according to you.)

I keep telling ya, son. Your primary worry is that backup QB of yours. Start worrying about that dumb fuck before trolling here.

15. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

The Bills? Don't they play in the CFL?

16. Jetdic

Jetdic Active Member

60% of the Jets Oline are probowlers. I was blind to how bad Hunter really was last season. I thought he would improve and become viable. Howard showed me something. Hunter also showed me something when he came in against the Panthers 3rd teamers and got beat just as bad.

17. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

What?.......

18. Bleedingreennc

Typical Bills fans, running their mouths at the start of the season. Cant wait to hear from you in the middle of the season. Your team goes nowhere with Fitz at the helm

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Son, cut the crap already.

Bills had much better protection with better line last year. (Stats say so at least.) Now explain why Fitz posted less TDs while throwing more picks? Where's your excuse now, son?

You can't have it both ways, when there is a result that spits on your own face.

20. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Funniest thing I saw on the comments of that video was that Holmes had a bad preseason. Didn't even play a full two quarters of preseason. :lol: