Madden 13...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by matt robinson 17, Aug 14, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Did they really completely remove defensive assignments? So I can't lock Revis on the #1 anymore? I can't wait to get raped by Vernon Davis online.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

There is nothing called "franchise" but there is connected career mode as a HC which exactly the same thing as franchise mode.

Couldn't find it in game when I was playing.

THe little things in the game are keeping me hooked. Just had a RB fall on top of a defender and roll over for extra yards and they marked the spot right. Have WR's coming back to the ball on curl routes instead of just the defender breaking on it. Have had a wide receiver stretch to get a bomb so they stumble a couple steps before starting to pick up their pace.

Also, I haven't found a workaround for fantasy drafts. There is no way to do it unless you want to spend endless amount of time adjusting rosters and manually putting players on all 32 teams.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I do like the game play better but it's still kind of buggy and losing the defensive player assignment is pretty bad. Maybe next year they'll have the new engine worked out better.

4. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Yeah, this year is a year about potential. After lots of tiny changes for a long time this is the first time we have a game changing feature in forever. We actually got two, connected careers is way better than franchise mode was. People returning the game because there is no franchise are quite dumb.

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Playing as the Jets in this game is brutal, I usually pride myself in being a good Madden player but when they make a guy like Sanchez not be able to hit an open WR down field or have Revis get burned on half the man to man coverages, it becomes quite difficult to win.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

They better be able to tune or patch the guys in man completely losing their assignments for no reason. Guys are literally taking 3-4 steps in the wrong direction before realizing there man is behind them.

I only played one game online. Actually didn't have much trouble moving the ball downfield. Hill can be brutal right now but he mad a few nice playes for me. Keller and Holmes are pretty consistent in the game. Get Holmes crossing the middle of the field for some pretty easy 15-20 yard plays. It can work against man and zone.

Running the ball it is still key to use line shifts. Stretches, tosses, counters all become a lot more effective when you shift the blocking to the play side. I know that's not really a thing in real football but I swear it works in the game, in short yardage use agressive to see some crazy drive blocking.

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Hill drops a lot of passes when he's not running a 9 but he's money on bombs. I've found it very easy to stretch the field with Hill, Schillens and Holmes in this game.

8. displacedfan

I don't use Schillens much, but Hill has been solid. I usually use Holmes and Keller for the middle of the field and Hill going deep.

I've been able to find a groove running with Greene too. I hit holes quick and put his head down and he can usually break the safeties' tackle attempt.

Sanchez has fumbled a lot for me though in the pocket. Not sure much I can do about it except throw it away or make a play before I get hit.

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I just hate the difficulty in madden (for playing offline/vs cpu)

All pro is STUPIDLY insanely easy, like you can beat teams 80 to < 10

Then you go to All Madden and the game becomes rigged. With your guys dropping everything, and every player on the cpu breaking like 15 tackles a play

10. JohnnyThaJet

I hate to keep complaining but are the replacement refs in this game too?

I was versing my friend online and I got a roughing the passer penalty called against me, that wasnt the bad part, for some reason my friend advanced from his own 30 yard line to my 8 yard line. I have no idea how this was possible, even he thought it was extremely odd.

11. Drew

Drew Active Member

The dropped passes really are a bit much...

Seems like there's a HUGE exploit in the game though... when passing the ball you can tell if it's zone or man without even moving a player. Look at your outside receivers. If the corner is looking dead on at them, it's a zone. On man plays, the corner is a little bit towards the inside, as if they are guarding a slant.

Whenever it's zone, the corner is playing close and you have a good receiver, you send them on a streak, and they will be wide open between the corner and safety. Some guy I was playing online was a dick and I abused him with Julio Jones and Roddy White doing this. 6 catches for 240 and 4 TD for Julio.

12. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I like that balls actually get batted up in the air realistically.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

After much of my bitching I caved in and bought the game for two reasons...gameplay is much better and Ultimate team.

Unlike most people I dont play any of the single player features on madden like franchise mode, as much as its a joke that its not part of the game.

I really want to try some of these legends, Just hoping like all heck that there is not as many glitches and freezes with this

14. JohnnyThaJet

Is there anyway to change your coaching scheme? I accidentally changed the Jets D to a 4-3 and its quite annoying not having Bart in.

15. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

OH MY GOD YES IT IS!

How are people not getting it? It's still there, just called something else.

16. Mark Pennington

Mark Pennington New Member

Not buying madden this year..... for the last 5 years ive bought it & have been more than unimpressed or dissappointed

Im not sure if this is the last year that EA gets NFL right exclusivity or next year but i cant wait until we get another football franchise out there to liven up this stale genre

competition breeds innovation & EA has gotten fat & lazy with this franchise

lets hope for a revival of the NFL 2k franchise (NFL 2k5 is a better game than any of the last 5 or 6 maddens) or how about SONY's MLB the show (Best baseball games franchise ever) guys take a crack at making a football game

....or... the NFL could renew the contract with EA & we will find ourselves back in this rut...

17. Mark Pennington

Mark Pennington New Member

couldnt argee more

18. Tight

Tight Active Member

Is it me, or the deepball is impossible to stop ? I cant get pressure without blitzing, but if I blitz I give one on one, and as long is offensive player is at least a 90 overrall. I always get beat. Revis, cro , wilson smh wilson is bad.

Another issue is defending the run, the ends dont try to come off tackle when runs go outside, and if I dont run over there with a safety im getting burned..

Pretty Good game, it just seems that certain things are done to make games highscoring.

19. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I just played my first game in connected careers as a coach. A couple of funny notes...

1) It was tied late in the fourth and I had the ball, they show the kicker warming up for a FG, but the kicker was Cromartie.

2) I won in OT, in the twitter feed they have Skip Bayless saying "If I'm the Jets. I'm stewing over that loss for days."

20. displacedfan

Sliders. I used them last year to get a level in between All Pro and All Madden. Made the gmae so much more fun. Used his madden 12 sliders. http://www.operationsports.com/foru...9-jarodd21s-madden-13-all-madden-sliders.html

And people actually try to catch it too!

Interesting, I have seen the twitter feed be pretty accurate. I enjoy it a lot. Lets me see what's going on in the league quickly.

Cro as kicker I have seen someone else line up as a kicker so many times. I barely notice anymore. Such a silly mistake by them.