Madden 13...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by matt robinson 17, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Coach K

Coach K New Member

NHL is awesome real real fun especially with friends. NHL12 and MLB the show are best sports games I've played.

Funny enough ssince my two fav sports are football and basketball. I follow nhl and mlb but don't sserioussly watch till playoffs.

In madden news.

the ravens are 2-5 in my franchise. Im cleaning house before the trade deadline. I jusst traded bryan thomas and a 3rd rd pick for the ravens 1st rd pick and OG Jah Reid.

Which is fitting cause Moore turned down my extenssion offer and will test free agency next yr. So now im gonna trade him to an OG hungry team like the browns.

Lol skip bayless dumped on the ravens for trading with me. Pretty funny.

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Anyone know if you can change players positions? Instead of just depth charting them?

3. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Can't do it.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Thought so.

Haha trading is at least more realistic but im doing some nice trading here, lol.

Brandon moore to cleveland, we swap 1st rd picks (32nd overall vs 7th overall) my 2nd rd pick (64th overall) for browns 3rd rd (71st overall) and I get a young OG for depth

Fingerss crossed they keep losing so thesse draft picks hold value

5. Coach K

Coach K New Member

They need to fix little things like thiss.

6. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

MParty the series actually was a main factor in me falling in love with hockey again. After the lockout I was only really a casual fan and then 09 came out which I played constantly, and it was a segway into getting back into the sport. Aside from a hiccup in 10, the 11 and 12 games in the series were fantastic. Also, if you're a franchise buff like I am, they've totally revamped their Be a GM mode and from what I've read the changes are going to result in the most realistic EA franchise mode ever created.

I swear, I literally just spent like three months not even touching my 360 aside from playing the GTA IV DLC which I had never touched, and now between Madden, NHL and the new Skyrim DLC I'm going to be a madman on my console with a very perturbed g/f wondering what kind of nerd she's dating.

EDIT: If we seriously can't change the schemes in franchise mode and we're just given the power run and aggressive 3-4 philosophy that's a real problem for me. I usually run a 3-4 anyway but it's extremely difficult to find players that fit the system in the draft, and while I like the power running game in real life I hate it in Madden.

7. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

These receivers are killing me. They drop everything. The easiest catches. wtf man! Ha

8. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I was really upset about not being able to edit players, but according to Josh Looman's Twitter they are "looking into" patching that in so you should be able to edit players and positions soon hopefully.

I believe the scheme editing is fixed for online franchises and the offline fix will be coming in the first patch in September.

9. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

All I ask if for them to bring back the fantasy draft in some sort of patch (although I'm not sure thats possible in a patch).

It was one of the features I look forward too every year. Drafting rookies late and build them up in my franchise, taking fliers on late round guys like Mardy Gilyard, etc. It truly sucks that feature is gone.

I guess I can deal with the rest but if you're a hardcore Madden fan like myself who plays offline a lot, its truly a let down.

10. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

^I'm a lot more pissed about the inability to change schemes. Unless I'm missing something that option is currently unavailable. Fuck the power run, this is madden. I want to draft a franchise qb and throw the ball 30 times a game.

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Nice. I do t do online leaguess. But certainly if they fix the scheme changes and you can edit players then they'll have earned major points

They're my onnly major complaints thuss far

12. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I enjoyed doing the fantasy draft much more than actually playing it. Lol

By the time the draft is done most teams are about the ssame and a couple are just horrible

Eventually it feels too foreign seing so many displaced players.

But when I read they took it out I was still pisssed. Sseems lazy on their part.

If they can fix player editing and scheme changes ill be happy.

Now I've always imported draft classes so them taking that out pissed me off but it wass always broken anyways.

I love the twitter feed and news sstories and prospect stories though. If they can fix it to where they take gmes, stats, and headlines from your ncaa seasson and have them correcty transsfer into the madden newss and twitter feed that'd be the realissm im looking for.

Esspecially sisnce they've added size physicality and production and scheme fit, it'd be a mind blowing realistic experience if they could successfully get thiss to transsfer from your ncaa dynasty

13. devilonthetownhallroof

Even if you aren't playing with other people, the best thing to do this year is start an online league by yourself. You get all the tuning updates as they come out without having to restart or wait for a patch, plus you can manage your team on the website. It's the same exact mode either way.

They confirmed that fantasy drafts won't be in this year.

14. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Im already 9 weekss into my offline, ill juss have to wait for the patch. You hear when they might get scheme change and player editing for offline franchisse?

15. devilonthetownhallroof

The first patch is rumored for Sept 11, but it's unconfirmed and the contents are unknown so far.

16. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

So no offline fantasy drafts for franchise mode?

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This is the thing...

There is NO franchise mode on Madden 13

18. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Wow, that's fn lame. Glad I didn't shell out $60 for that crap.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

So they are basically trying to force you to play online.

20. devilonthetownhallroof

This is technically true but wildly misleading. Playing as a coach in the Connected Career mode is the same thing as the old franchise mode.

And you can play it offline or online.