Madden 13...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by matt robinson 17, Aug 14, 2012.

1. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Dont waste your money. No one ever plays and while fun for a bit it gets old quick.

Just my opinion though.

2. JohnnyThaJet

Coaching mode is a disappointment thus far, its very clunky and scouting is a pain in the ass.

I'm really trying to like this game. Maybe I have to play more.

3. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Its not clunky, but it sure as hell is tedious. I don't een practice at this point. Hoping the team benchmarks and regular season xp for games will be enough.

4. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Trades are much harder to make this season. I offered Revis for David Wilson and it was declined. Last year I had no issue with lag, the first game I played yesterday sucked.

5. afternoondelight

just got it. i only play offline franchise, so i did the connected career as a coach.

the practices are way to tedious so i have been skipping them as well. i also hate the scouting. i think it would be much better if you could see there 40 time, cone drill, bench reps etc, so you could estimate there ratings. spending xp points for every stats is annoying

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Can you build an ultimate team offline, or do you have to play online?

And yeah coach mode is tedious. I'm enjoying but I know I'm in the minority. The lack of a fantasy franchise really pissed me off but Rex Ryan is gonna be a HOF coach lol. And Barry Sanders (when they let me DL him) is going to be lighting the league. Using legends in be a pro is going to keep this going for a while.

Definitely though, if you aren't dying for a football game to play, skip it. Buy Fifa, NHL, or 2k13.

8. joolander

joolander New Member

I wish EA didn't have the monopoly on NFL games. If the 2k series were still making football games we wouldn't have the same polished piece of shit year in and year out. Look how FIFA, NHL, and NBA 2K series all progressed with competition.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

9. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

hey everyone, I have a question. I really havent read this whole thread to see if it answers my question but I have to ask.......Did they take away "franchise mode" it was fun to always be the jets but it seems like I can only be a player. I selected Mark Sanchez. However, when I hand off to shonne greene, I can't control him. Only when I pass

10. MParty7441

If you play as a coach it's like franchise mode. If you pick a player you can only control that player in every game.

11. MParty7441

Does anyone know how to not have it do that quick play thing? I want to conventional play calling, without having to press square for every play.

12. JohnnyThaJet

Change it in the game settings (game options to conventional) once the game starts, although it doesnt save it everytime, I guess you can go into the main menu and save it but I'm not sure.

13. JohnnyThaJet

You can build your roster offline but I believe you can only play teams online. And usually people online have significantly better teams.

14. MParty7441

I saw the in-game thing. But it's annoying as hell to have to do that every game. Who even uses game flow? It's for like 8 year olds.

15. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I know how to change playbooks obviously, but anyone know if I can hange Rex Ryans scheme?

As in attacling 3-4 or heavy run? Trying to get better sscheme fits for free agency when it approaches and change my weekly milestone goals.

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Fuck ea for taking out the stop simulation button. I just had my best game against the texans got a ton of coach xp for benchmarks and blowout games for key players.

Accidentally hit sim for next week and now I have to replay it all over

My fault for not saving after that game but how do they remove such a basic option

17. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Great..........I beatdown another team great game and coach benchmarkss and it freezes loading back to after the game.

Im quickly getting tired of putting together good gamess for nothing.

18. MParty7441

Hahah yeah bro. This game is getting killed everywhere.

19. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I was just going to ask this. Is there any way to change the scheme? I personally love playing Madden in a west coast scheme with a fast back that can catch out of the backfield.

I've enjoyed this game so far, but who the fuck did EA pay off at IGN. This game is by no means a classic, and by the time NHL comes out I'm willing to bet I don't touch madden for a while.

20. MParty7441

How is NHL? I bought the game about 4 years ago and thought it was great. I am not a big hockey fan at all. However, the game was awesome. How has the game progressed? How is that franchise mode?