Madden 13...

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by matt robinson 17, Aug 14, 2012.

1. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Just picked up a copy. I'm a very casual gamer and this is the first Madden game I've ever bought. Still trying to figure out what I'm doing. Not f'ing up on defense seems to be my biggest challenge so far. On the plus side, Stephen Hill managed to rack up 153 yds and 2 touchdowns in my first game. You guys got any tips for a first-timer?

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Really, your first Madden? There are people like my son who have been buying them since the 80s..it becomes addictive.

3. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

yeah same thing.

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I'm an idiot, I was fucked up when I did the pre-order on Amazon and accidentally ordered the Wii version...I have a Wii but fuck that. I guess I'll return this and head out tonight to see if I can find a ps3 version somewhere

5. MParty7441

I'm always paranoid I buy the wrong version.

Anyone with PS3 interested in doing a connected career as coaches? It would be fun doing it with another player.

6. MParty7441

lol you can't really do anything on this connected careers website. it's really hard to navigate.

7. MParty7441

Also, I keep getting booted from the servers. When that happens you get do anything if you do it online. If it happens mid-game then you're gonna have to play the whole game again.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

This game is getting killed...I am convinced that IGN is getting paid under the table to give a good review here.

I manage NFL business for my company and the promotion for this game is sick, I was so excited myself to get the game...But nope, this game has tons and tons of flaws

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/already-returning-this-turd.452642214/

Franchise mode is a killer

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

How is ultimate team?? must know if i even decide to buy

10. MParty7441

I will have to try this again tomorrow. None of the options work on the computer for connected careers. I played a game online and the lag was awful.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

It's sitting with an 86 on metacritic right now

12. MParty7441

the actual game play is great. everything else sucks.

13. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Yeah, crazy, I know. 34 and this is my first Madden game. I played a few times at friends but never wanted to take the time to sit and learn how to play. Always seemed too complicated and everyone else would crush me. I don't really play video games that often either and they've mostly been RPGs when I do. I've been playing Skyrim once or twice a week since it came out and I'm still only level 50. Hell, I still have Ultima 7 on my computer. I was on a Tiger Woods kick a few years back, but that was mainly because I could drive balls into my friend's house when I played Harbor Town golf links.

14. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

The Madden franchise has been crap for some time now IMO. The only thing to really look forward to are the updated rosters, while the overall gameplay feels the same each year. Hooray for online gaming.

15. MParty7441

I usually just play online, but the first game I played was horrible and laggy.

16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Connected careers has me hooked. Upgrading players and you coach via XP is cool. It's franchise mode a little more in depth. Can't wait to start a career for Barry Sanders once he is available.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Just keep on playing. Google if something seems like a glitch or broken, it usually will be. Take control of a DL or LB to get the hang of defense. Switching to S or CB can be really risky

18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Ultimate team looks kind of good this year...That was why i bought Madden 12 last year. MUT was okay
    [youtube]VKfdqgofWp0[/youtube]

I guess this year they took the focus off franchise and put it in gameplay and growing the MUT play as that brings more money with people buying packs

19. MParty7441

Question about this...did you do it as a coach? Do you have to play the practice to get the XP points? it would take forever, it's like playing 2 games each week.

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

I usually just play offline franchise and this shit is absurd im almost sick of playing by the time im done with practice.

I wanna wait for roster updates before I start my coach career but since ill prolly be wheeling and dealing it dosnt really matter lol.

I usually never play online ause of the lag. Ie played 3 games so far with no issue.

You get coach xp in regular seasosn by reaching benchmarks like amount of forced turnovers, russhing tds, 150 rush yds, etc etc

#60 Coach K, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012