Kyle Wilson....Brutal!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweet P, Aug 28, 2012.

1. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

It is if the defense starts the game in either the nickle or dime.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Slot corner is not a starting position. It doesn't matter what formation the teams start in during a game, the depth chart is not dictated by that.

3. Reece

Reece Banned

I guess I didn't clarify that these posters felt he would be a solid "starting", not nickel cb, due to his performance on the field and improvement in the offseason. I disagreed due to him looking exactly like he did in his rookie season. Understand?

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I thought he was pretty good last year..with Revis and Cromartie on the outside playing inside is tough.

5. abyzmul

He's been playing the nickel slot. What proof do you have that he lacks the skills to play outside? You know, those starting spots that you are so sure he's unqualified for? The ones he made his name playing in college?

Understand the difference?

6. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Wow, I hadn't thought of it before, but you're absolutely right. Mickens was great in the slot, and we haven't come close to replacing him.

Being the slot DB is tough in today's NFL and it's very hard to find a good one. Especially when you have to go up against Wes Welker twice a year. It's almost as if we need to scheme against the slot receiver somehow rather than going M2M

7. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I can't sit here and be an apologist for the guy, because he clearly has no business playing on the outside, but considering who he's compared to on this team a lot of corners would look like ass.

That being said, if he's attached himself at the hip to Revis in the offseason and still can't get up to snuff there may not be much hope for him.

The entire '10 draft class is hanging by a thread at this point.

8. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I think his beautiful long locks might obstruct his vision when his is trying to look back. Too bad he can't grow eyes at the end of those dreads.

9. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Wilson was pretty good last year considering the position he plays. The slot receiver is getting very hard to cover with guys like Wes Welker. How many catches did Wilson let up on Sunday? 2 or 3? I think it was in the very beginning of the game too. After that, I don't think I saw him at all. I could be wrong though.

10. Reece

Reece Banned

I do understand the difference in making a name for yourself in college and having problems locating the ball and becoming a target in professional football.

11. I promise you that statistically Wilson is one of the better slot corners in the NFL.

Why is this fanbase so hellbent on labeling players busts & having a goat? It's embarassing & it isn't condusive to winning.

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

we dont affectt the outcomes of games. I promise. Kle wilson doesnt suck or excel based on me and Murells opinions of him

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The fanbase hangs on every play. Every play is the Super Bowl. Every time someone fucks up fans mentally throw themselves over the side of a mountain and drown in the misery of the Jets not being the greatest team in league history in all facets of the game.

14. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Rex has A LOT to do with that.

He did look awful Sunday night.

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Oh I'm sure it has everything to do with Rex and nothing to do with the instant gratification culture that we live in now that would've seen former Hall of Fame coaches fired before they ever had a chance to reach their glory.

16. abyzmul

So far all you have proven is that you don't understand the difference between an inside cover man and an outside cover man.

But keep jerking yourself off, because you seem to be good at that. Just do it more slowly. talisaynon digs it slow.

17. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

He wasn't covering Wes Welker on Sunday, and still looked god awful. Been saying it for years that he just isn't that good. consistently rated one of the worst CBs in football. For a first rounder he's been terribly disappointing.

18. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Wilson has enough solid games under his belt that I'll give him a pass for last Sunday. It's camp and a lot of the guys are tired among other things. I am chalking it up to fatigue etc...Wilson will be fine.

Just to bring it home...I frequent about half of the message boards for other teams, kind of stay in the loop for research purposes, and there are a ton of teams that would take Wilson in a heartbeat to be their starting corner...and he's our slot guy. So, it's not all bad.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Can somebody fact check this?

20. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

this is what i was thinking ... i didnt think he was that bad on sunday, his performance certainly didnt necessitate a thread on how brutal he is

i dont get jets fans