Question about Sanchez and Tebow

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Blitz4Life, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

Hey guys, long time no see. I was at my friends house last night and I was talkin to his dad about the Jets. His dad told me that he somehow found out that Sanchez and Tebow will not be playing anymore pre season games this until. Is this true? cus I would be really pissed. Sanchez and Tebow really do need to play this weekend if they want to get into a groove

2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

3. feldspar

feldspar Member

Week 3 of the preseason (this week) is when starters see the most playing time.

Your friend's dad is misinformed.

4. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Your friends dad is an idiot. They will play this week more than they've played all preseason. Next week, we will only see McElroy/Simms

5. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

He probably saw a news report about Sanchez and Tebow not playing in the fourth preseason game. I don't think he's an idiot, probably just misread something.

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Considering that the fourth preseason game is only 4 days after the third one, I'd be surprised if any starters play very much in the last game.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm pretty sure they reported that no starters will play on Thurs, probably aside from the kickers and punter.

Well, the starters and Tebow, actually.

8. Bannon

Bannon New Member

So, starters and inevitable starters then.

:)

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I keed because I lurv.

10. TixSince66

TixSince66 New Member

Hopefully Sanchez has Holmes, Kerley, and Schilens out there the whole time to work with. We all would like to see the offense do some good things after the first two crappy showings. Go Howard at RT!

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Keeping your BU QB out of the 4th pre-season game is unusual. This is Rex telling Tebow "We consider you as important to the team as any starter, so enjoy the week off".

Tebow gets to wear his hat backwards, rubbing elbows with the elite, smiling for the cameras Thursday night. This has to be a mini-boost to his ego.

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I also think they're protecting him a bit from having a less than stellar statistical night, because the scrutiny of Tebow's every move is unprecedented. Things could get kind of crazy with the 3's, 4's, and 5's coming in.

I also think that maybe they are considering keeping Simms instead of McElroy, and they are going to maximize PT for those two to get a good look at them.

13. catfish

catfish New Member

also neither McElroy or Simms got time in the 2nd pre-season game, which I thought was weird at the time. They need to have them on the field to eval them

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You're probably right about protection, but for the wrong reason. He is a great weapon. No need to let a bunch of scrubs from the Eagles tee off on him. They already bountied the Jets starting QB last season.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This isn't a big deal. Tebow is probably going to be a big part of the offense this year so he's basically a starter even if he's not technically a starter. None of the starters are playing vs. the Eagles and so Tebow is included in that.

I really don't think it's anything more than that.

16. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

IMO if the offense lays another goose egg tonight there is no way they should be resting the final preseason game.

The defense sure but if the O is still a mess there should be more work – not rest. Even if it’s only the first quarter of the final game. It’s stupid to call out a rest week this far in advance when you have the issues on offense we have shown.