Serious question...How can the Jets beat the Bills week 1?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by foreboding, Aug 24, 2012.

1. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

LOL, VERY CLEVER! You got that one!

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The Pats have oline issues and we all know one solid hit on Brady and he's off for the rest of the game. They are mortals. It's not absurd for them to have a down year.

3. feldspar

feldspar Member

What claims?

What are we going on, what happened two years ago? Cuz the Jets didn't show much last year either. The Bills and the Jets EASILY could have wound up with the same record last year. And the Bills did more to improve their team than the Jets did this offseason IMO.

Seems to me that Jet fans want to live in the past to some degree, but you cannot be sure whether last year was an anomaly or a new trend. Kinda like what happened to Josh Freeman last year. If we are going on what he did two years ago, he's gonna be one hell of a QB...but it's kinda hard to ignore what happened with him last year.

If the Jets want to get back to the so-called ground-and-pound, which is where they saw their success, they are headed in the wrong direction.

-In 2010, they were tied for 7th in the league in yards-per-carry on offense. Then last year they were tied for 29th, so only TWO teams had a worse YPC stat. I ain't talking about fantasy football here. This means something.

-In 2010, the Jets were 6th in points allowed. Last year they were 20th.

The Jets shat the bed down the stretch too, as we all know. Compare Sanchez to Fitzpatrick all you want, but that doesn't make Sanchez any better. I'm not so sure that he can operate well outside the ground-and-pound. If Tebow does well in the Wildcat, you really WILL see a QB controversy there if you don't already.

This year ain't any other year. Recent history says that the Jets have a lot to prove, so it's foolish to overlook the Bills in game one.

#83 feldspar, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  4. Syracuse

Syracuse New Member

We need to generate some sort of offense, Our D can give Fitzmagic some serious problems but without the offense doing anything we will have no way to keep up with them. Their O will score points make no doubt about that and we cant even get into the endzone yet, we have to change that or else its going to be a longgggg day

5. skeleton_frames

FTW. LOL. I like this. I think we should use this week one, rinse, repeat. Playoffs, baby.

6. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think if the Jets run the ball they win the game. Running the ball will set up play-action which will and should be heavily used all season given the pass-pro problems. Alot of TE/RB chipping and check down options with the occasional deep ball to keep the D honest. That's the formula we're gonna try to get it done with all year I think. We need to run the ball, we can't get into 3rd and long.

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

So you are predicting a third place finish for the Pats by anticipating a Brady injury?

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I'm anticipating he gets sacked a lot more than he's use to, and as a result struggles. He's been behind a very good line for a while. Almost spoiled. If Sanchez could get even 2/3s of the time Brady gets in the pocket on average, he'd look great.

9. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm just trying to tie it down. I hope the Jets go 16-0. In reality, they won't. You picked the Pats to finish third. I just want to know based on what? The fact that Brady will be sacked more and struggles?

The Pats added weapons to their already stacked offense and plugged holes on defense. They also have the easiest schedule in football. I'm curious how, based on that, the Jets and Bills will finish ahead of them? I hope so, but I am wondering why.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Pats also dink and dunk routinely, Brady gets rid of the ball quickly, so their scheme helps eleviate some of those problems. It'll be great if their OL struggles and they have no run game though, and all QBs struggle under pressure.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Serious question ... do the Bills have a midget on their coaching staff?

12. feldspar

feldspar Member

They did have a short person on the sidelines, but he wasn't a coach. I think he was a waterboy and handed out towels...shit like that. Not exactly sure. Dunno if he is still around either.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I just saw a guy i swear was a midget.

14. feldspar

feldspar Member

He's probably still there then. He freaks me out a bit from time to time.

15. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

Bills looked good against the Steelers

16. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

Our starters looked pretty good against Pitt tonight. Especially our defense. Offense needs a little work but we were going against a tough blitzing defense. Good prep for Jets though. And our first team did score a touchdown so it wasn't all bad.

17. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

We have a midget who is a trainer or something. He's been around for years.

18. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

Are you being sarcastic? They're getting blown out lol

19. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

It was close till halftime. 7-7 till the last minute of the first half. Our starters played well. Back ups blew it. Vince Young threw two horrible interceptions.

20. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

The Jets beat them the same way they have since Rex has been here. Run the ball and play great defense.

Rex is 5-1 versus the Bills since he has taken over as head coach of the Jets. The one game the Bills won was 16-13 way back in 2009. In that game Thomas Jones ran for over 200 yards, but that was offset by 5 interceptions by Sanchez.

If you look at the game logs from the past years you see a Jets team that totally dominated the Bills by running the ball.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20111106002
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20111127020
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20101003002

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20110102020
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=AtGP0i1b9MyikonruUI7aegisLYF?gid=20091203002

The one loss:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore;_ylt=AkM3LuCVwhuhZHGJ1h6.TU4isLYF?gid=20091018020