Serious question...How can the Jets beat the Bills week 1?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by foreboding, Aug 24, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Considering the 2012 Bills are commonly ranked among the greatest teams of all time I don't see how the 2012 Jets have a shot. Maybe the '07 Pats, '00 Ravens, '89 Niners or '85 Bears would have a shot, but not these Jets.

2. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Seriously. I don't understand why the Bills think they have such a great team. Their Defense is not all that impressive and their offense is average at best. Besides its not Bills vs. Jets they should be worried about. Its Bills vs. the rest of the league. What are the Bills going to do differently this year that they won't collapse in the 2nd half again. They got off to a great start how are they going to match that and keep going. They have a really easy schedule but I don't see them getting it done.

3. foreboding

foreboding Member

Ok...

1. Two legit RB, both of whom would be your starter.
    2. Legit number 1 WR who is one of the only guys to take Revis off his high pedestal also he is not named Holmes who is a locker room cancer IMO
    3. Better, more confident QB who will not crumble or hear boo's after one INT; does not have to look over his shoulder
    4. We crushed Tebow last year, with Kyle Williams out and no Mario
    5. Gilmore is a rookie true, but that kid can ball, I think he is an asset not a problem, Stevie Johnson thinks he will be a top 5 CB soon, Stevie plays against Revis alot, he knows a good CB
    6. Jets in turmoil right now, Bills are not
    7. Improved D-Line

Not saying it is a lock by any stretch, but at this current time, I like the Bills chances better. Game 3 pre-season may change all our tunes. First game with any schematic stuff and starters will play a half or more.

4. foreboding

foreboding Member

Totally fair point. They need to prove it to me as well.

Schedule is easy on paper but it is the most difficult in terms of short weeks and travel, so not as easy as the W-L of opponents would indicate.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The '94 Cowboys may have had a chance too.

6. Milliner is your Mommy

1.CJ Spiller would not be a starter over Greene. They would split carries at best.
    3. Fitzpatrick had a pretty good first half and an awful 2nd half. Sanchez is a better QB. You want to use the injury excuse for tailing off in the 2nd half so can Sanchez. In the end Sanchez had more TDs and less picks. Sanchez also has room to improve as he is still young and learning.
    4. Tebow runs a package he's not our starting QB and this is a completely different team so that means nothing.
    5. Gilmore will be good one day but not this year. Rookie corners get exposed even Revis did.
    6. The media says the Jets are in turmoil does not actually mean they are in turmoil. They have a RT problem but there is no QB controversy.
    7. The one part where I actually think the Bills are better is their D line. Specifically their pass rush but is that enough to really make this team win 4 more games? I just don't see it. After your number 1 WR you have huge ?s just like us.

Also you are on the road week 1. Winning on the road is never easy no matter who you are playing.

7. tubby

tubby Active Member

And how exactly are the Jets in turmoil? Because ESPN told you?

rofl

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

this thread on a Bills message board would be justified fan optimism. This thread on a Jets message board is simply delusional dumb fuckery since the Bills haven't shown anything to justify the claims.

9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Unfortunately, one of the those will be to Greene- he'll drop it. The other one will be to McKnight- Sanchez will over throw him by 4.5 yards

10. foreboding

foreboding Member

Just comparing notes and hardly claiming they will crush the Packers or even Pats. Asking how the JETS and BILLS beats the other. Not exactly Dumb Fuckery... like your post.

11. foreboding

foreboding Member

Good points. Do you think that the Jets locker room is harmony at this point, admittedly I see the dumb ESPN coverage alot.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Thats exactly how I see it. Every year it is the same. Oh no this year the Bills are for real and these reasons are why x. y. z. Ok they started off hot everyone gets super excited I told you we were for real and then the epic collapse. They are like the Mets of football.

This year I see their number 1 RB won't put up the amazing numbers he did last year before he got injured because of age and injury. Their O line has a big ? on it as well and their TE and Wrs really aren't that big of a threat to me other then Stevie. Also I really think Sanchez is a better QB.

All in all the main reason Bills fans are excited is because of Mario Williams but does that put them over the edge and make them a playoff team. I don't think they are winning 4 more games this year than last year. We will see of course and I'm not saying the Bills are hopeless but if I had to pick a team between the Jets or Bills to make the wildcard I'd pick the Jets.

13. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Is that why you titled it "How can the Jets beat the Bills week 1?"

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

If the '72 Dolphins had to face the 2012 Bills, would they still have gone undefeated? I think not!

15. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This is why the play the game so fans can shut up with this nonsense. Jets 24-Bills-14
    Our defense will be to much

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Honestly yes. One of the best parts of having Rex as a coach in 09 and 10 was how well the team got along and how everyone loved playing for him. A real players coach. With no training camp last year the team missed out on that opportunity where everyone sort of comes together and Rex admits himself he lost the pulse of the team and wasn't involved enough.

I don't see that happening again especially with Sparano who at the very least is a no nonsense type of guy. Our D always got a long it was really just a few problems with people on the offense.

ESPN with their own weird version of hard knocks though is dead set on trying to shove negativity down everyones throats. Ultimately though winning solves all problems and its hard to be negative when you are winning games.

17. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

this, plus ...

1. fred jackson is 31 and coming off of a season ending leg injury ... spiller having a few good games when your season was over does not impress me

2. steive johnson is not a legit number 1. hes a very good receiver but is #2 on most teams in the league, including the jets ... your receivers after him are actually worse than ours

3. better based on what? sanchez threw more TDs, had less picks, and is younger and improving ... weve probably seen fitz's ceiling

4. 5. 6. 7. RIYD covered

18. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

It's football - you don't know squat until the game is played. Hell the Giants were an after though at .500 last year. People were calling for Coughlin to get fired. The get into the playoffs at 9-7 and run the table. Who saw them trouncing Green Bay or going west to beat SF?

No team in this league is a shoe in for a win. All comes down to the day of the game 0 who executes, who presses to much, how forgets assignments. As a Bills fan who is 0-4 in the Super Bowl, with some amazing teams, you should know first hand that until the game is played nothing is decided.

19. foreboding

foreboding Member

Don't I know it. The first time I met LT I asked him...

"LT, did Belichick purposely have you guys fake injuries to slow the Bills no huddle down?" He smiled and said, "what do you think"?

Anything can happen come game time.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

"At this point I think that the Bills have the clear advantage."

that is dumb fuckery in its purest form. at this point? at this point neither team has played a game, and the optimism that the Bills will be better than last year is pure speculation because they sucked mule dick last year.