Cimini: Jets right to bench Wayne Hunter

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Aug 24, 2012.

1. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ork-jets-had-demote-wayne-hunter-right-tackle

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Hunter had his struggles but I like him. He played well for the team at the end of 2010.

I'll always respect him for telling Holmes to **** off too bad Keller held back Holmes from 'going after' Wayne.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

One thing that stood out to me in this article were the Jets looking at various OL in the first two rounds of the draft but sticking to their draft board regardless and picking BPA.

Whether their draft board was accurate will be a future debate but how often do you hear fans of various teams complain that their teams pass up on BPA in order to get a need.

The Hunter debacle has looked really bad thus far but long term this might end up working out for the Jets... particularly if they solidify the spot next year while utilizing a hold the fort guy to get through this year.

I also think in regards to Hunter and Ducasse... one thing that will be interesting is lining them both up at TE in goal line and short yardage situations. As bad as they are in pass protection, they are both very good run blockers and having that much strength up front could create a lot of options as far as the Jets choosing their running lane against a stacked defense. In a way it spreads out a run blitzing defense and gives the Jets a better chance of getting the yards they need.

4. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

5. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I would go a step further and cut him if we didn't already have depth issues(thanks to Tannenbaum disregarding the position for years). It's clear when you read the interviews and reactions from Hunter that he has totally lost confidence in his ability to help his team. It's clear he's sort of throwing his hands up and saying "anyone but me." You're simply not going to win football games with a guy like that.

-X-

6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I hate when they use the term "Journeyman" when referring to a young player, such as Howard. Who knows...maybe he'll surprise and turn out to be quite solid! But you can't call a guy who has been in the league 3 years and is on his 3rd team...He could be looking for the right fit.

A Journeyman has to have been around for at LEAST 8 years and 4 or 5 teams. I know a useless post but hey...I haven't got much until I watch more tape of Howard.

7. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

8. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

I love how he told Holmes to get the fuck out of the huddle when it was him that should have been on the bench. Wayne Hunter was a major liability last year and I'm glad he was exposed for the fraud that he is.

9. Syracuse

Syracuse New Member

Only time will tell if the new guy is and upgrade or not

10. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I would have been ok with anyone other than hunter telling holmes to fuck off

In hunters defense though, He shouldn't have even been playing in week 17.

11. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

At least Hunter wasn't whining like a little bitch when he was getting beat. He got right back up and tried again. Holmes just constantly bitched about not getting the ball. Maybe he should have done a better job of getting open. Turner didn't seem to have that problem, although he probably wasn't getting doubled.

If there is anything I respected about Hunter, it was when he told Holmes to **** off.

#11 b.reyes16, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Cimini's hindsight is impressive.

RT is gonna need RB/TE help every play, play-action will serve us really well.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Anything is an upgrade over Hunter. Not saying much, but it's true. He may not have graded out as the worst in the league last season, but he sure is now.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

this. before the draft everyone here is screaming don't reach for this guy or that guy.good for tanny staying true to his board and taking the bpa.who also looks like he can play.there would be just as many questions about starting a rookie as there would be about howard.atleast howard has seen some nfl action and has the size to be an nfl player.udfa's come along all the
    time to carve out a career.why can't he?
    hunter is guarenteed 2.5mil he ain't going anywhere