LaRon Landry

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by b.reyes16, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I think our defense has been good and he's a huge upgrade if he can stay healthy. Pretty sure the starting D hasn't given up a TD, for all the talk about the O not scoring one. The Giants moved between the 20s better than I'd like but the D held them to 6 points and kept us in the game.

Cincy scored on the blocked punt and the Giants on the pick-six, then you had some TDs allowed by the backups. When we get into real games with Rex & co game-planning, I think we'll be good. I'm particularly excited to see these young guys on the D-line grow into a unit and see how they do.

2. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Just read that and was going to post that, beat me to it.

Still loved it as well.

3. GiantsFan1974

GiantsFan1974 Banned

ll

My favorite Landry play will always be when Brandon Jacobs destroyed him.

Talk about getting bitched.

Cruz held onto the ball for the 1st down and popped back up. He's a Super Bowl champion, and that's what champions do.

Landry is just a 'roid head who goes for dirty headshots and can't stay healthy. Have fun with that.

4. joolander

joolander New Member

fuck off asshole. victor cruz is a product of eli manning. there's a reason why he went undrafted and sat on the practice squad for 2 years

5. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

damn so hold up you joined after a preseaon game to come talk shit. One word. Pathetic.

6. GATA

GATA Member

[​IMG]

7. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Oh how much I enjoy this.

8. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

That was a clean hit. Don't know how that was dirty. Playing hard doesn't make you a dirty player. I have respect for Cruz and think he's as tough as it gets, but any Jet fan would love to see Landry lay the wood on a Giant, Pat, Dolphin, Bill receiver.

9. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I don't agree with the way the NFL handles these things now, but you're wrong about that hit. Lead with his helmet, it's obvious... he drops his head right before impact. You can't just lower your head and run the guy anymore.

He'll be fined, probably, and could have hurt the Jets if this was a close, regular-season game with non-high school referees.

10. Italian Seafood

Looks to me like he leads with the right shoulder.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Same here, the helmet was incidental contact.

12. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

I don't know, to me it looks like his helmet makes contact with Cruz first. You could be right though. I'm sure there are other angles on it that just aren't available online.

Don't get me wrong... I don't like that the league is so fine-heavy these days. There's a fine line between protecting players and taking that too far.

13. Italian Seafood

Your other point is well taken, if they start the season with these refs shit's going to go wrong real fast.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

He may be fined, but the idea that you can 'lead with your helmet' and also 'drop your head at the last moment'.... that is an idiot assertion. You can't lead with the helmet at the last moment. Stick your head in a toilet.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The hit was clean, Cruz said, and shouldn’t draw a fine. “Right in the chest,” he said. “It was a very legal hit. It wasn’t nothing illegal . . . It hit me right in the chest and it was a good shot.”

16. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

I think Wilson actually saved Cruz from his feet leaving the ground and then getting slammed by Landry. You see Landry gets in an extra step and has position to slam down onto him.... too bad

17. GiantsFan1974

GiantsFan1974 Banned

"there's a reason why [Cruz] went undrafted and sat on the practice squad for 2 years"

Wow, you really know your stuff:

2010: Rookie Victor Cruz makes the Giants' 53-man roster, but goes on IR after 3 weeks
    2011: Second-year man Victor Cruz sets Giants receiving record and catches Super Bowl TD

Who are you, Greg Buttle?

18. Italian Seafood

Just figured out who you are, the chick who wanted to see "Sanchezzzz!" at the parade. Did you at least cut the price tag off your Giants hat when you bought it after the Super Bowl?

19. GiantsFan1974

GiantsFan1974 Banned

Haha. This is the highlight of a Jets season.

Classic.

20. GiantsFan1974

GiantsFan1974 Banned

Umm, no, I'm not a ditzy Jets fan who was trying to ride the Giants' championship glory.

And the whole "bandwagon fan" charge is such a loser's lament, especially after a franchise with such a massive fan base wins the Super Bowl.

Enjoy your 30th-ranked offense this season...