Brandon Jacobs injures knee

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by allan1, Aug 18, 2012.

1. allan1

allan1 Active Member

HOUSTON -- San Francisco 49ers running back Brandon Jacobs injured his left knee in the first quarter of Saturday night's game against the Houston Texans.

Jacobs was injured when he was hit by Kareem Jackson at the end of an 8-yard run late in the first quarter. Jacobs remained on the turf for several minutes while trainers talked with him. He was helped to his feet and hopped off the field on his right leg before being placed on a cart and taken to the locker room.

There was no immediate word on the severity of his injury.

Jacobs joined the 49ers in the offseason after seven seasons with the New York Giants.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...s-brandon-jacobs-carted-away-left-knee-injury

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this post makes brandon jacobs look classy. and we already know hes a douchebag.

listen we have all probably hoped that a guy we dont like gets hurt, but we dont fucking celebrate it when it happens.

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

So if a guy talks shit about the Jets we are happy when they get injured now?

Pathetic.

4. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

No, just Tom Brady.

5. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Death to all who denounce the Jets!!!

6. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

To those that hate the Jets, may God turn their hearts. But if He can not turn their hearts, may He turn their knee so we can recognize them by their limp.

7. Timmyrex

Timmyrex New Member

Glad there is condemnation of this post. Ganggreen need to cleanse itself of such attitude and thoughts. Sick

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I don't root for injuries but wasn't too upset to see this. I am hoping he's healthy when we play SF so we can shut his ass down and see what he has to say then. If he misses the game that will be no fun.

9. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Stay classy New Jersey.......

10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

If he was gonna get a compeuppance it would have been during last season, but he won another ring and we got punked again. Rex got the comeuppance, not him.

I don't like Jacobs but as a player he's pretty irrelevant these days anyway. It is ironic that he got banged up after sticking his mouth where it no longer belongs but whatever.

11. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Changed the childish thread title so hopefully people can just discuss the injury, if they wish. Hoping for another human to get hurt just because they wear different laundry or talk a little trash is pretty sick.

12. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Who cares what people hope, since actions are all that matter.

And at the end of the day Brandon Jacobs was a shit head earning millions of dollars. His injury simply gives more deserving people a chance to earn theirs (ie Kendall Hunter, LaMichael James, Anthony Dixon).

Its not like he is crippled or died or lost his family. He hurt his leg and probably is done with his career after earning mega millions and 2 superbowl rings.

While some people might think its tasteless to take pleasure in his loss (which isnt going to effect his quality of life), the ultimate reality is all it means is younger guys who are hopefully better role-models than Jacobs (who is a piece of shit) get their chance. Which benefits all fans of the league.

And Jacobs problem wasnt just his shit talking, the guy was a fucking sleezeball. Starting fights with players (rookie Mo-Wilk), throwing his helmet into the stands which could of cracked a fans head open. The guy is nothing more than a piece of shit, now its time for better people to replace him in this league

13. ukilledkenny

Cool, still doesn't mean we start threads celebrating his injury. We would call other fans classless for celebrating a Jet being injured.

14. Italian Seafood

You guys keep it high brow over there in the UK, I like that.

15. ukilledkenny

We try to be right and proper chaps.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

well done ukk.

only problem is now everyone who reads the current op and then reads my reply is saying wtf is wrong with this guy? which they probably say most of the time anyway...

17. ukilledkenny

Yeah, the whole thread is pretty much derailed now. Not that I would expect Brandon Jacobs knee injury to generate much discussion anyway.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I don't think people wished for his injury, just his failure. I think many feel its karma coming back and biting him in the ass. Dude is an emotional wreck and never stops yapping.

19. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

I never cared much for him as an NFL player, but what he did for that kid that sent him a letter with money was classy. I don't want to see any player get hurt. Well, if Tom Brady breaks a leg or something I may smile, but that is a given for a Jets fan.

20. Italian Seafood

I didn't even like to see Brady get hurt, or Marino back in 93, you want to beat the guy on the field. Even with Jacobs, now that we play him again I want him to be in the game, no excuses.