sooooo...the power rankings on nfl.com came out...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets FTW!!, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Not me. I praised a few moves (Mangold/Ferguson pick, Trading for Thomas Jones, etc) but in general I was very critical of his moves - specifically, trading the picks away, and going for the broke in FA period.

Seriously, picks from round 3 to 6 will literally make or break your team. Sadly, that's the 'ammunition' pick Tannenbaum uses to trade up. No wonder Jets are stuck with what they are for some time now.

2. catsigater

catsigater New Member

I'm not sure, either. :sad: Still don't like it, though.

#62 catsigater, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  3. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yes. It would have been honest rather than a blatant lie, but lets not pay attention to the details :) Pats fans obviously know more about the Jets and their front office than they do.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

OK so you provided a link to a prediction from "RWP8934" and DJ Gallo. That constitutes 90% of the national media? get real.

5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Trolls will be trolls, just let him ask his riddles.

6. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

Cromartie has been a pretty solid #2 corner since joining the Jets. Obviously Revis gets the bulk of the credit, but you don't consistently have a top 5 pass defense without Cro. Have you seen our safeties the past couple years? Revis doesn't do it alone.

7. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

He also said 6-8 wins. Never saw anyone say 6 wins.

8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Other then the fact that he has been utterly dismal in stretches that's not the point. The point is he's completely overpaid.

9. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

This is a joke right? He signed a 4 yr 32 million backloaded contract. He is due to make $10 million in '13 and '14, amounts he probably won't sniff. His cap hit last year was $2.25 mil and this year it's $8.25 for a 2 yr total of $10.5 mil. For a solid #2 CB playing in the biggest market in the NFL, that is an appropriate value.

10. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Cromartie is legit and he doesn't holdout of camp like a ______. Can't complain about his contract.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

As far as the complaints about lack of respect here on this thread are concerned, I don't get offended by that. The Jets make stupid moves like getting Tebow, they deserve a lack of respect from the media. I didn't expect anything less from the moment I heard about that trade.

As for wins, I thought 8-8 a few weeks before camp opened. But since then, the Jets failed to replace Hunter and time is running out. And while Sanchez seems a bit sharper from what is being reported, I still hear nothing out of the Jets that makes me think their O is going to make any sense this year. Bottom line is unless Sanchez suddenly becomes much better and they do in fact replace Hunter, 7 wins is looking almost too optimistic.

Having said that, the one guy who could change the O in a hurry is McKnight. A breakout year from him, and it would change a great deal. The Times had a nice article on him this morning. But I couldn't figure out how much was puffery.

So, if 7 wins is possible, a bad break and the jets are at 6. Hm. Could be a tough season.

I blame Woody and Tanny, though. Not Ryan.

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I laugh at the fans who complain about Cromartie. I have to conclude they dont know much about football.

13. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

And I think Tanny learned his lesson last season when Mangold / Bryan Thomas went down. I'm sure if Mangold didn't go down he would of traded up in the previous draft to grab some random player.

14. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yeah, I don't understand it at all. The guy made a few mistakes last year, but overall he's been solid since we signed him. With a better safety unit I feel his value will be more apparent this year.

#74 Barcs, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

19 is about right. We were 8-8 last year and have done nothing this year to show we are any better. At least you can go up from the middle of the pack..or down.

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I think the general predictions from the so called "experts" is 7 to 9 wins. I think that is predicated on a couple of things...

1- The idea that this Sanchez/Tebow thing will blow up in their face.
    2- That the Bills are gonna surge past them.

I have no idea how the first one plays. It could work out great or terrible. I'd give it about a 20% chance of working out great, with about a 70% chance that it won't be great, but nowhere near as bad as some are predicting. So in the middle.

I'm still not buying the 2nd one. I still need to see the Bills show that they can actually win a big game after Veterans day.

I'm still thinking 9 to 10 wins.

17. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

He cost us the Oakland game, but he nailed the coffin on the Jacksonville game. He's good, there's no question. Very fast, can be effective kick returner (he should be the kick returner). Who knows what's in store at WR. I don't think he is very physical (we have seen a few Wr's rip the ball from his hands), definitely not a great tackler (shonn Greene ran right by him) and we have a ton of depth at Cb. He's been big though, and I'm glad he's on the team.

18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Where on the flipside, Tanny could've done what I said we should've done in the first place and picked up Carlos Rogers on 4 year deal for probably like 15million.

My point was and still is that there have been better options out there the last 3 years and Tanny has really dropped the ball. Other than picking up Thomas Jones which was a really good move, what has he really done in the last few years?

19. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

No. 20: New York Jets

The Jets should feel lucky to be at No. 20 and not No. 32.

Here's a team that continues to regress under Rex Ryan and a place where controversy lives all year round.

It's uncertain if Mark Sanchez will get more snaps at quarterback than Tim Tebow.

Who knows if Santonio Holmes will feel like playing or crying?

Shonn Greene at running back is not the answer.

Revis and Cromartie don't seem to scare opponents like they once did.

Things seem to be falling apart at the seams with the Jets; they don't look good at all heading into 2012.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...os-looking-pretty-as-preseason-starts/page/21

20. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

New York Je..Teebows?