sooooo...the power rankings on nfl.com came out...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets FTW!!, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Satire?

Satire? Guest

I don't know what's funnier. You getting trolled by NFL.com or you blaming it on ESPN

2. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

This ranking is way off, and I think most true NFL analysts would agree.

This all sounds great but then the truth rears its ugly head and we come to the harsh realisation that Sanchez doesn't have enough football IQ to work at Dick's selling cleats.
    He is a constantly making mental errors and has horrible vision in the pocket, which you need to exel at both to run a fast tempo offense.

I agree completely, as Mattew Berry would say "the hate has gone too far" and it has. On offense we're almost the exact same team minus having Braylon (which Hill could fill that role easily), and having WFH (c'mon Howard).

On defense I think we've improved since 2010. Wilkerson and Coples are an upgrade to Ellis and DeVito, Bell and Landry are an upgade over Pool and Leonhard, Kyle Wilson is one of the better nickle corners in the league. Sure, we've aged a little in some areas on D but we've also become younger in a lot of places too via: Mo, Q, K-dub, Landry.

3. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

You can't really argue with the ranking. Based on last season, we deserve to be ranked somewhere near the middle of the pack.

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

After reading this forum I'm surprised we're not ranked 32nd to start the season. I mean according to this place we have NO DEPTH, the worst QB ever, no receivers, no RB's a shitty line, a terrible LB corps, etc, etc.

5. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

What is a "true" NFL analyst?

90% of the national media has the Jets at a 6-8 win team.

That easily translates into a 19th ranked team.

6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i think we should be higher, but not higher than 14. we played like the middle of the pack last year and we didn't look that great in preseason ( i personally don't give 2 shits about preseason, but analysts do ). everyones a jets hater, thats what makes winning feel that much better

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

link?

8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I do think we should be ranked higher (14-15 range) but I wasn't even refering to us really, I meant all the rankings.

But hey, you just keeping asking everyone riddles before you let them cross. Just remember Brady is 35... "tik tok".

9. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

10. Elijah

Elijah New Member

Would it have taken that much from the point to say bottom 10 instead?

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

That team wasn't that good to start with. No pass rush whatsoever.

Thomas Jones and LdT at the tail-end of his career is MUCH better than Shonn Greene? Hand me some of that stuff you are smoking - share the wealth, man,

Jets never had 'true #1' for years since Keyshawn was shipped off. (But Holmes was much more effective as a flanker than split end - that much I agree. Holmes is not a physical deep threat that requires game planning. He is but a flanker that will compliment well if the WR on the other side is intimidating. So... blowing the chance on Braylon - that goes straight up to T-Bomb.)

Aging Damien Woody IS better than WFH at any stage of his career. That said, Jets OL severely lacked depth all along. (Just injury bug didn't bite in the first two years of Ryan's reign.) Slauson could hold his own if the right side weren't such a disaster. Moore is getting up there in ages now.

If T-Bomb learned anything from Bradway, that is this rather criminal neglect of the OL. (Spent 1 2nd round pick on Ducasse, and struck gold on Slauson with 6th. TWO FUCKING PICKS. YOU HEAR ME? TWO.)

Defense with some pass rush this time - so I expect this one to be exponentially better than the previous three.

Like Giants winning 2 SBs? (No slight on the Giants; Games are played on Sundays for a reason - no reason to take them off.)

You are not. This team IS mediocre, struck with cap hell (as seen during the last off-season.), keeps mortgaging the future for the present cap relief, and neglects developing their own brand of players for the sake of trading up. We've seen that for years by now. Why should that surprise anybody?

This is wrong. Rex HAS clue. Hiring Ryan is the next best thing for the franchise - probably right up there with hiring Parcells. Rex has given this team identity and focus that it didn't have before.

Again, that's all T-Bomb.

Neglecting the OL year after year. Playing Musical Chair with WR corps. Holding onto Schottenheimer way past the 'firing' deadline. AND last, but not the least, guaranteeing stupid contracts like WFH.

By now, I have to wonder what kind of vision Woody Johnson has for this team.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I killed a bunch of crows the other day, I got them simmering nice and slow for week 17 when we have double digit wins and a 4th year QB that comes onto his own.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I'll enjoy watching you eat them with WFH sitting next to you.

14. 101GangGreen101

On the contrary I won't be eating them, I'm only preparing them. However, I'm going to assume you, WFH, and the entire media will be feasting like it's Tebow's Last Supper. I'm also going to assume that you don't think the Jets will be very good at all in this case.

Or maybe, you didn't get where I was coming from. It was an attack towards the media not towards you.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

16. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

New York Jets: +/- 8.5

On the one hand, the Jets are a declining 8-8 team with questionable leadership, an underperforming offense and an overrated defense that created a season-long media storm for itself by acquiring a cultural icon as a backup quarterback. On the other hand, Mark Sanchez supposedly looked sharp in seven-on-seven passing drills in May. Tough call here. Tough call. Hmm. Hmmmmmm. Under.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/3119/gallo-predicts-nfl-win-totals-for-each-team

17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Oh no. I wasn't offended by it. I didn't take it as your attack toward me (or was it meant to be an attack toward you.)

Just, I am getting sick and fed up with the direction this team is going, with T-Bomb's leadership. I do think Ryan's direction is a correct direction. I just don't think Tannenbaum is the right man to be managing this team.

18. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Couldn't agree more. Tanny's aggressive moves have only hurt us the last several year and left us in bad cap shape, Cro/WFH has taken up quite a big chunk for minimal results in Cro's case and horrible results in WFH's.

19. 101GangGreen101

We were just praising this guy though not too long ago as one of the best GMs in the NFL. I'm not sure if you were on board with that about 2-3 seasons ago. I do agree that Tanny doesn't look too far into the future and just worries about now and not what potential repercussions can happen later down the road, I have to give him one more draft before I turn on him. If he goes out and starts trading picks again, I'll be fucking pissed. No reason why we should be trading any picks for a long time. A LONG TIME, I do think we may need another talent evaluator though, but I think the scouting department did an excellent job this draft.

20. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Sanchez
    WFH
    Cro

The top three reasons I don't like Tanny that much.