Curiously amazed at the silence in here tonight........

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Demosthenes9, Aug 11, 2012.

1. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

:rolleyes::up: * CV backs away slowly*

2. WestonJetson

WestonJetson New Member

You guys are going to give yourselves ulcers nitpicking throwing motions. Neither Tebow nor Sanchez played particularly well. In fact, Andrew Luck looked better than the both of them today.

Rex Ryan said on sports center he liked how Tebow threw the ball. He also said that he liked how he ran the ball and that he believes he can run on a 4-man rush or a 6-man effectively. When Sal Palontonio asked him if "the offensive line consistently is unable to give Sanchez enough time to throw the ball if Tim could have a greater role in the offense", Ryan answered, "We are open to everything."

So have a beer and enjoy the ride. The Jets are going to be OK.

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

After watching a clip of Tebow's interception, I don't know why people are going with the hyperbole that it was so bad. He threw an interception that looked like 99.9% of interceptions made by starting QBs in the league. It's not a big deal.

4. WestonJetson

WestonJetson New Member

Rex Ryan said it was a combination of a bad decision (by Tim) and a bad route by the receiver.

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Then like I said about 3-4 posts ago, I must have overrated Tebow's last year.

6. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Apparently so. Tebow was a complete enigma last year. There were some passes that were just beautiful, even short to intermediate ones. Then, there were also a lot of passes in the dirt, short hopped, way off the mark, passes that were just uncatchable by anyone. I don't care if you had Larry Fitz, those passes just couldn't be caught. And it wasn't just one or two of them.

It's why, from early on after joining here, I said that Tebow's problem wasn't one of accuracy, but of consistency. Once he shows some consistency, then he can start trying to dial in the accuracy and get the better ball placement that you brought up.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Yeah I was overrating him, weird for me haha

I thought his consistency was good at times meaning what we saw last night wasn't an improvement. I knew he could do what we saw in small sample sizes which 8 passes is. If he did it for 15-20, we are talking a great improvement

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I think the average Jets fan should like Tebow. He is on our team and has always had success.

I also think the average Jets fan can/should/will hate all of his Tebois and whatever else you loony tunes would like to be called.

9. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

We'll find out in the next game or two.