17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Only idiots and Johny come lately fans would dismiss Joe Namath from being part of the NYJETS. Lets see if Rex,Tanne and Woody deliver like Joe Namath and the 69 NYJETS did. Rex has already embarrassed himself and the organization way worse than Joe Namath ever has.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

It is a chance for us to hang out with friends and family. I have lots of friends who I've made going to Jets games. Some I lost contact with when the new stadium was built. Some I stay in contact with and we've combined tailgates. It's something that someone who hasn't attended a game in over 15 years just wouldn't understand. :sad:

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

I'm not going to get into a whole thing on Namath but as far as embarassing the organization Namath being drunk on ESPN during a halftime ceremony saying "I want to kiss you" while slurring his words and not answering any questions is in the top 5 most embarassing moments in Jets history. The "hero" of the Jets gets tanked worse than the fans and pulls something like that.

4. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Embarrassing the organization????????

The organization does alright on its own.

What Rex did with the foot fetish video will never be topped. I guess when you dont like Joe Namath its quite obvious.

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

Never said I don't like him. Just think he's looking for headlines.

He won a Super Bowl 43 years ago. Trent Dilfer won one does that mean he should go to Ravens Training Camp and make all kinds of crazy statements?

Probably the ONLY good thing about the stadium is it got people who were stuck in the past out of the place. The Vito's from Oysta Bay that were 75 lbs overweight in their Joe Namath jerseys, 1969 Super Bowl hats and Jets zubbaz pants are gone.

For the record I'm not saying that's you at all. Just saying there were a lot of fans that still think about that Super Bowl. 43 years later gotta move on and try for another one.

6. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

So the corporate asswipe or the guy relishing in inherited money is a better fan at the stadium, dressed in Dockers or Haggars with an argyle sweater and boat shoes without 1 stitch of NYJETS gear who doesnt give a rats ass who wins or loses the game is a better fit. The ones who sneak in sushi and an Italian spring water? COME ON MAN

For the record im not saying thats you at all. But if the boat shoe fits wear it. :beer:

7. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

I think there's a middle ground here guys. :)

I gotta admit, I loved these descriptions though. :lol:

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

Definitely not. I've made very negative comments about guys in boat shoes, loafers, flip flops etc. Believe me when I go out down the shore I avoid places where people dress like that.

The guy in a Nick Mangold jersey wearing shorts in the middle of November is my kind of fan.

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't like what Joe did ok. Leave it at that, he is our most famous player and delivered but like most NY players, minus DEREK JETER, he was overrated. Meanwhile, if our OL does not protect the QB, Tebow will be our starter and I will wish Joe was behind center. The fan base ain't what it used since 2 years after shea when all the NY'ers left. Its about friendship's and day out with the buddies and some damm good meat. I ate lots of Cue last night, blasting the wife, kicked out of the bed so here I am. Now the dog left me.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well if U enjoy going to more losing games then winning ones then more power to U. To not seeing you team ever in a AFCCG game well more power to U. If not winning a SB for those years & U can include this year also more power to U. Before replying kindly remember that my mantra iis SB or the season is a failure :sad:

11. championjets69

Eh JWN is in the HOF whereas last time I looked is Trent iis not :sad:

12. championjets69

They have tried for the another SB win now for the last 43 years & FAILED & at the end of season will increase to 44 years without a SB win :sad:

13. championjets69

Even when I went to the games I never tailgated since I was going to the game not to eat & drink which is the ONLY reason I was there for. T/gating IMHO as well was a very poor example of human behavior & a very bad role model for my son who attended the games with me :sad:

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

So when I have my 10 year old son shouting gay slurs in the parking lot that's being a bad role model? Oh well

15. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I took my son to his first game when he was 4 if I remember correctly. It was the game against the Colts that was suspended by lightning. We cooked hot dogs and chicken nuggets on the grill. He still talks about the entire day as if it were yesterday. Thats the memories I will cherish forever.

16. championjets69

Yes for sure those are memories you keep. My son was 7 when he went to his 1st game & he still remembers it like it was yesterday. It was at Shea & our procedure was BBQ before we left at home & bring it with us in hot packs which worked just fine. Then we would go to our seats & watch them warmup & eat the lunch we brought with us. I also brought a thermos with a cold or hot drink depending on the time of year it was. Sometimes we would go downstairs & try to get autographs of the players especially MG who was sons favorite :smile:

17. championjets69

It up to U to decide what a bad role model is for your kids. To me what went on at the tailgates was not the type of image I wanted my son to see of the human race. In my case my son also NEVER saw me or my wife drink liquor or wine or have beer in the frig :sad:

18. championjets69

That what U get for putting the NYJs on top of your love list :sad:

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

First off Alleycat I hope things get better with your folks,,,,that sucks been there :beer:
    As far as the spreadsheat goes you might want to wait one more week before doing it because if they show little against the Giants or should I say as much as they did against the Bengals I fully expect prices to plunge :sad:
    I am going to take a look rite now at prices as it has been a while since I looked,,,,,,,,,,,,GIGTU :lol:

20. JetsSec337Lot13B

So as a kid my dad would bring burgers or hot dogs and throw them on the grill instead of spending tons of money on garbage inside is a bad example? I think it's best if I just don't waste my time responding to someone who hasn't attended a game in over 15 years. :sad: