What games are you looking fwd to in 2012

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jul 20, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think they are supposed to fix some of things you mentioned. Although they say this every year so we will see. Per Wikiepdia (my thoughts in bold):

-EA improved the left-analog stick passing controls so you can place the ball on a receiver's back shoulder, out toward the sideline, up high, down low, and other places where only your receiver can get it. I always thought you could do this. Hopefully it is better now

Madden 13 integrates new pass trajectories and ball speeds to open up more areas of the field in the passing game. The biggest trajectory they need to fix is the throw over linebackers. The QB always threw it too low and the LB would react super human and pick it off. You could never "Drop" a pass in there

New pass animations speed up the time in which quarterbacks get rid of the ball, including a new shovel pass and specific set-ups for throws on the run.

Pump fakes are now directed toward specific receivers, occur faster, and contain specific animations when performed outside of the pocket.

Like NCAA 13, Madden features more than 20 new quarterback dropbacks, including those for 1/3/5/7-step variations, screens, and plays with auto-pump fake dropbacks. QBs even drop back automatically and set-up in the pocket if you don't touch the left analog stick after the snap. We will see if this will work. I believe I heard some of these "new" things before

To improve the receiving, EA is including more than 430 new catch animations, some of which are fueled in part by the changes made to the left-analog passing stick. EA Tiburon says it also wants to make user catches easier to do by slowing down players when they select a receiver. Old madden had maybe 3 cathc animations that happened consistently. You reached at shoe strings, over the shoulder, the david tyree catch. They need WR/DB interaction to be better where you can go up for the ball and fight for it. If you have time turn catching to 100 in the sliders and you see some great animations.

The quarterbacks have new moves for avoiding the pass rush. A slowed down pocket speed give you more control when you're trying to not get sacked.

EA tweaked play-action to include an abort command that cancels the animation for those situations where a defender is barreling in unabated. The play-action also unravels faster in general. Running backs should be better in blocking after the fake (as well as release for passes) and defenders will be faked out more by play-action. PA was useless last game. This is good being able to abort as a blitz killed any PA play

Receivers have timing windows in their routes. When they expect the ball they'll turn their head to the quarterback. Until this time, their passing icons are grayed out. Passing to a receiver who isn't expecting the ball will often result in an incompletion. However, receivers will sometimes look for the ball earlier if the cornerback across the line of scrimmage blitzes or the receiver beats the jam at the line. This is cool if implement right

Neither receivers nor defensive backs react to a ball unless they are expecting it (like in the case of a quick slant for receivers) or they have their heads turned and are looking at it. We will see

Defenses line-up opposite receivers in a best-on-best designation. This prevents your linebacker from matching up against an elite wide receiver lined up in the slot, for instance. If it works, finally and about time

Defenses disguise their man or zone coverage before the snap so offenses can't try to use motion to uncover the defense's plans. This is great

Defenders use different coverage techniques such as off coverage (where they start seven or so yards off the line of scrimmage and attempt to read the ball), trail techniques (including hand fighting), and split techniques (where the linebacker stands between the tight end and slot receiver).

New animations allow for simultaneous tackles while the ball is being caught (including being able to knock out the ball in mid-air), and in general the development team says it's been working on the interplay between players while the ball is in the air. Been hearing the mutiple tackles for years now. Like the ball in air thing.

EA promises enhanced AI playcalling for two-minute drill, goal line, clock draining, and red zone situations. AI was useless running two minute drills and draining the clock

New Infinity Engine improves tackle animations and the outcome of player interactions including a balance system.

Special teams coverage has been revamped to get rid of player clustering. EA is also integrating cover and lane logic, new formations, and better wedges on returns.

2. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

They had this one year (06). It was called QB vision, with the light that would shine on the reciever if you targeted them, and while they were targeted like this you could place the ball in different areas as dercribed above.

I always thought this way the best idea they had come up with since the "truck stick". But as soon as it had come it was gone.

The problem with Madden is EA has become complacent. They know every august millions of tards will go out buy their $60 roster update. It's bullshit and they know it, they don't want to spend millions of dollars to develop a better game, and why would they when they have a monopoly and no other game maker has NFL rights since EA owns sole ownership.

Anyone remember NFL 2K5? The game that was WAAAAY better than madden, you could choose from different option of what to challenge (which madden has still yet to do), it also had ESPN on board with them adding their touch (win!), oh and Madden 05 was $50 at this time while 2K5 was $20!!!
    The very next year EA bought out the sole rights to the NFL to produced games. Now we're stuck with this annual piece of garbage that has changed very little since 2005, thanks NFL, for once again fucking the fans for $.

3. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Wow I just now found this:
    All this happened last week.

#23 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Dear displacedfan//

I thought of making a long reply on the issues above, but then I decided to stop.

In the end, I just know their feeble attempt will not work.

5. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I'm actually really looking forward to Madden this year.

6. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I can't justify buying Madden every year. I think I'll make it like an every other year thing. I bought it last year so I'll probably wait until next year.

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

That's how the end always is haha. They have completely redo the offensive and defensive line interactions. It's good they acknowledged wr/db interactions but like you said the lines are real bad. It's never a great football game but it's the only football game.

8. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I almost forgot about this.
    [YOUTUBE]5N-CRrP9xjQ[/YOUTUBE]

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Currently playing: Warcraft 2 Battle.net Edition

10. DarrelleRevis.Human?

Classic ^

Theres always that person you say that to and their response is WOW related *palm to forehead*

Myself I've been playing something I've wanted to play since it came out and just now getting a chance to, Starcraft II.