Tebow Is Already Outperforming Sanchez

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by whichfan, Aug 8, 2012.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

If you could format with some more spaces that would be nice on my eyes :)

"The only change was Tebow started, and then there was a dramatic turnaround with a divison title and a playoff win."
    ---Defenders came back, defense forced turnovers and recovered, special teams were special. A lot of things came together, if you think those circumstances (including no teams over .500 in a division) all happen again for Tebow you are mistaken. Oh and crediting wins/losses/SB's soley on QB's is one of the biggest mistakes the media and fans do. 53 players.

" The fact that he was sneaking out wins isn't a strike against him, it is a dramatic point for him. Six 4th quarter/ot comeback wins in his first year of starting? That is amazing."
    ---Sanchez had 6 in his second year of starting, and the most impressive one against HOU. All of a sudden in the third year, balls are dropped, fumbles aren't recoverd, tipped passes get picked. Close wins is not something you can build off of. Yes it shows Tebow can play well, but to rely on pulling it out in the end is dramatically off base. You can't base a lengthly starting job at QB based off that. I used base a lot there, sub in whatever words you want to make it less painful to read. Oh and technically the Bills and Chiefs games were clsoe near the end and Tebow didn't pull it off. The KC was mostly INC passes if I remember correctly which leads into a point some lines below.

"Jet fans should be concerning themselves more with the vast amount of interceptions that Sanchez throws than Tebow's paltry completion %." ------Considering Sanchez played hurt (obvious to anyone who watched and read) and had a sub standard OL and running game and OC, the interceptions don't worry too much from last year. A lot were OL mistakes and down two scores where he forced things. That's more getting a stable offense than his decision making. The interceptions in 09 from him were decision making.

"Incompletions stall drives, Interceptions lose games. Case in Point, Tebow vs Sanchez in only head to head meeting. Tebow throws balls into the dirt left and right, not accomplishing much. Sanchez throws a devastating pick six. Tebow turns into Rocky mode and wins the game, just as I have seen him do his entire career."
    ---Terrible point because incompletions can lose games too. One game to base a phrase off of is misleading. Even if we look at that game. It's hard to say the Jets lost the game there. They had to time to score and they couldn't and something out of Tebow's control (Jimmy's missed tackle) on the first or second play of the drive. Not getting drives together is terrible. I can case in point you on the Jets vs Pats game where every Jets drive was either a TD or a 3 and out. It was brutal and ruined the team's chances that game without throwing INT's left and right.

"As far as Tebow succeeding on the option play, your not seeing the writing on the wall. The spread option will be the offense. Jets fans just don't get it if they think he is another Brad Smith. Tebow is going to change the game. Call me delusional, but then watch it happen."
    ---Considering the Jets asked Tebow to bulk up which in turn stunts his growth and form as a QB you will be waiting for a long. Tebow brings a Brad Smith like game changer to the offense, but right now relying on Tebow to be a starting QB you need to catch a lot of breaks and dodge a few bullets. Cam Newton and RGIII are more in of a position to change the game. Cunningham was supposed to change the game, then McNabb, then Vick. It takes a lot to change the game and the two QBs above are in a much better position to do so.

I don't see how a fan can think that Tebow as a full time starting QB provides the Jets a better chance to win games, the division, the playoffs, and then in turn the Super Bowl. His best role right now is as a change of pace WC/GL QB. That doesn't mean he can't better and become a starting QB, but right now he isn't one, and most likely barring injury isn't going to be one on the Jets.

To further my point on the KC game to counter your one game example of the DEN/NYJ game.

1st Drive: Willis run for 2. Willis run for 0. Tebow run for 6 (not sure if pass or run play call as box score doesn't mention)

Drive 2: Incomplete. Willis for 6. Incomplete.

Drive 3 (down 7): Willis for 2. Pass for 7. Tebow run for 7 (p/r?). Willis for 8,11,14. Bell -3. Tebow pass for 17. Willis for 1,5. Tebow fumble.

Drive 4: Willis for 15. Willis for 3. Incomplete. Incomplete.

Drive 5: Willis for 7. Willis for 12. Willis for 1. Tebow for 4 (says scramble so pass->run). Pass for 10. Incomplete. Tebow for 1. Incomplete. 2:00 drive stalls on 39 YD line, no points to swing momentum.

HALF:down 7-0.

Drive 6(fun one): Willis for 6,3,2. Incomplete. Bell for 7. Pass for 14. Incomplte (1st and 20). Willis for 2. Tebow for -3. Punt, but KC muffs it. Willis for 5. Willis for 0. Tebow incomplete. Drive stalls at KC 15. Miss big momentum swing again, only getting 3.

Drive 7: Royal for 8. Willis for 4. Bell for 4. Bell for 7. Willis for 4. 2nd and 6: Incomplete, incomplete.

Drive 8: Willis for 4. J Johnson for 12. Willis for 9. Bell for 6. Willis for 4. Willis for 7. Bell for 3. Bell for 1. At KC 36, Tebow sacked for -9.

Drive 9: Wills for 3, 2, Johnson for 1.

Drive 10: Incomplte (illegal contact). Willis for 4. Tebow sacked for -1. Tebow incomplete.

Drive 11: Incomplete, incomplete. Tebow pass for 9 + roughing the passer. Incomplete. Incomplete. Pass for 8. 4th and 2-> INT.

I would argue this game was lost much more for the incompletions and sacks than the one interception. 4 drives stalled in KC territory, 2 incompletitions, one sack, one fumble. Would say those all lost the game more than the INT.

Again this is just one game example to counter your one game example. Small sample size vs small sample size broken down because I have some free time.

And edited again for eye sight

#61 displacedfan, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  2. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Sorry, I saw that. Ive got to get better with paragraph indentions and such.

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I wish that comments that derailed positive Tebow threads in this forum would be moved as well. People just get to come in here and flame away with no regard for the original posts. We always get off topic. But, hey at least they gave us some kind of forum to discuss so that was cool of them. The constant bickering is tedious though.

4. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

5. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

I would argue that Tebow being inserted into the line-up was akin to a trade deadline deal or an unexpected boost from a replacement-- that by having someone who the team didn't expect to be in that particular role and contribute everyone on the team starts to buy into a winning mentality.

Neither you nor I can prove who is right. However, I will say that if the Jets lockerroom remains fractured throughout the year then I'd call that evidence that you're overstating Tebow's "intangibles". And this is coming from someone whose favorite athlete is Mr. Intangibles (Jeter).

7. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

You are exactly right, Tebow replacing Orton gave the team a huge, unexpected boost. Tebow will have to have a major role on the field for his leadership to have the positive effect on the "inmates". If he gets the starting job, I predict you will see a similiar increase in intensity regarding the rest of the team as was apparent with watching the Broncos in 2011.

8. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

And this is why I stay out of the "Tebow" section of this forum.

9. TTTTebowAndTheJets

To the last two pages of this thread, I have this to say...

[​IMG]

10. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

IIRC, Future Hall of Famer Champ Bailey flat out said that he played harder for Tim. The "intangible" argument is much easier for my side of the aisle as seemingly EVERYBODY who has spent time with Tebow says the same thing. I mean, even some of the most vehement critics of his passing ability have said the same things about his "intangibles".

11. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

It would be much better if you learned how to use the QUOTE tags either using the icon above the reply box, or by typing the tags in manually. It makes life a heck of a lot easier for everybody, hence, the reason for their existence :)

#71 Demosthenes9, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  12. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I would prefer it get deleted , starting a tread just inflames the situation ( im not questioning a mods actions I am simply stating my personal opinion , its thier website and they can do what they want ) and metsnjets what happens to you derailing every single thread here?

Maybe we need a Tebow hater section of the forum .

14. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

So Tru lol

15. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Looks like you need to do a better job of doing what you say you do.

17. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Who asked what you were reading, Rocketman?

18. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

This thread also shows why some can't stand Tebow because of his fans.

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I hate the Jets because of their fans on this message board.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Cool.. we will let u know when we care.