Tebow Is Already Outperforming Sanchez

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by whichfan, Aug 8, 2012.

1. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

The field is exactly where Tim makes it happen and it looks like the staff is doing good by Tebow by putting him in pocket passer situations. Hopefully this continues and he grows as a passer. As most know if he can just become a decent passer with his ground game ability, he would be mighty dangerous.

2. TennMike

TennMike New Member

I cant figure out if this is going to be a long season or a fun one. This team could do really well or absolutely completely collapse.

3. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

yep. i hope you can handle it.

4. Potzer

Potzer New Member

^^^ Interesting and true.

I for one as a Tebow fan, do not want to see the jets fall apart and have Tebow start. My ideal would be jets over-achieve (11-5 mebbe make the big game) With Tebow being a huge contributor and earning a starting gig elsewhere next season.(I would also not want to see him all star as a wildcat and get stuck in that role, but that would be better then him being an abject failure)

It will not be a fun season for me to hear about Tebow backing into the starting job. Nor will it be fun if the team doesn't win with their starter, then not win with Tebow and justify the "he can't throw" crowd.

5. TTTTebowAndTheJets

This times 1,000!!! couldn't agree more.

6. cunning linguist

cunning linguist New Member

I would agree with your boxer analogy. The real proof would be to revisit this subject in a later round.

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Agreed -- my perception is that the proliferation of threads is a bigger (or more legitimate) issue in the main forum. Because hijacking an existing thread can be dealt with by traditional mod techniques. Admonitions, removing posts, etc.

But the constant starting of threads -- Tebow shirtless in the rain, Boomer says cut Tebow, etc. -- is genuinely annoying. (I'm sort of a thread-nazi anyway, hate thread proliferation of all sorts). The Tebowmania forum (though I'm against it) is to me more about a place to say "that thread should have been posted there."

8. reverseapachemaster

This thread is exactly the kind of nonsense we said Tebow would bring with him.

9. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Me, too -- this is not a team that drafted him. The Broncos drafted him in the first round, so I think there was a legitimate expectation that they undertook to develop him and give him a shot. And I don't think Orton got the job done well enough to claim it was a screw-job -- happens all the time. Teams have a mediocre quarterback, they draft a new one early, fans are impatient to see the young QB get in there.

It's different here. The Jets have a young quarterback that they mortgaged their future to draft. It needs to fully play out, either with Sanchez settling in as the franchise for the next 15 years, or with some clear change of direction from that.

In the meantime, Tebow can help the Jets win a Super Bowl (I truly believe that), and continue to get better for that next step (which I truly believe is as a starter in this league).

10. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I'm just going to come out and say it -- whichfan, I'm sorry to point fingers. But whichfan is the worst of the worst. He'll drive you crazy.

11. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Geez I know...A handful of rediculous posters on a message board..

What a distraction...Cut Tebow already!!!

12. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was way back when from May. This is bad. Cherry pick stats like a cherry picker and ignore the obvious.

I was also smart and aware, big surprise, and didn't spend time replying to someone who was banned. Made that mistake 2-3 times now.

14. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

You don't sound like you have much confidence in Tebow, by worrying about him being a failure. He was already thrown into a much worse situation last season by a coaching staff and management with a 4-12 team, and immediately led them to a division title and a playoff win. He achieved all of that with much less experience than he has right now.
    With a top 5 defense behind him, there is no reason to believe Tebow couldn't lead this Jet team further than he did with the Broncos last season.
    The ground and pound philosophy that the Jets are trying to develop meshes with no quarterback better in the NFL than Tim Tebow. He instantly turned the Denver Broncos into the #1 rushing attack in the NFL last season and helped to resurrect the career of Willis McGahee.
    He didn't come to New York to try to audition for another team for next season, that doesn't make any sense. He had an easier path to starting in Jacksonville with the floundering Blaine Gabbert. He came here because he knows he is better than Sanchez, and it will play out in time.
    Jet fans that think Mark Sanchez has years more to develop under the current regime are in a dream world. All of the Super Bowl guarantees used up the equity that Rex Ryan had earned from the 2 AFC championship appearances. Last seasons 8-8 downgrade and end of the year implosion exposed some real deficiencies in Sanchez's leadership. Rex simply can't afford to have another season like that, if it starts going that way again the media pressure will to be great for him not to make a move.
    Everybody knows Tebow isn't going to beat out Sanchez in practice, thats not where he is gonna shine. When the games start, he will be looking to make a huge impact when he gets his opportunities. Each time he does this, he will be looking to expand his role. Those are Tebow's words, not mine.
    Longtime Jet fans are in for a treat, even though most are too jaded from year's of disappointment to know it yet.

15. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

Delusional Tebow fan is delusional.

16. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

If I am delusional then point out one infactual statement in my post, I don't think you will be able to do that, so give your daddy back his computer.

17. SI_Jets_Fan

SI_Jets_Fan Member

Hahaha... There are NO facts in you post, only conjecture. Like I said, delusional.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Let's break this down:

"He achieved all of that with much less experience than he has right now." First off that team as a whole accomplished a lot, not just Tebow. Just to clarfiy.

" With a top 5 defense behind him, there is no reason to believe Tebow couldn't lead this Jet team further than he did with the Broncos last season." Tebow was sneaking by in a lot of games. The Broncoes defense gave up <18ppg in wins and forced multiple key turnovers and had great special teams play. Tebow is going to have step up a lot because you don't consistently sneak wins out in the NFL. If Tebow needs the defense to play better than it did at times last year, that means he hasn't improved and actually regressed. Also, do you think Tebow is capable of leading a team to >11-5 currently? Because a team has to be SPOT ON to get a home playoff game in the AFC East.

"He had an easier path to starting in Jacksonville with the floundering Blaine Gabbert. He came here because he knows he is better than Sanchez, and it will play out in time." This makes no sense. How is Tebow not better than Gabbert but better than Sanchez. He came to NY for his brand. If he wanted to start, in his "home" state, he would have gone to JAX. He wants to win and improve his brand and NY>JAX without Jets or NY colored glasses.

"Jet fans that think Mark Sanchez has years more to develop under the current regime are in a dream world." New OC, so different regime. He has time. Also you know the contract extension and that he was handed the #1 job and it was never labeled a competition.

"All of the Super Bowl guarantees used up the equity that Rex Ryan had earned from the 2 AFC championship appearances. Last seasons 8-8 downgrade and end of the year implosion exposed some real deficiencies in Sanchez's leadership. Rex simply can't afford to have another season like that, if it starts going that way again the media pressure will to be great for him not to make a move." This is wrong on so many instances. Rex is not on the hot seat. He went 8-8 last year, not 3-13. Sanchez's leadership? He played with a dsyfuntional OL and lockerroom and and OC and went 8-8. It is way to early to say the Jets can't go 8-8 and Rex is gone. Depends on that happens. By the way, 8-8 in the AFC West gets the Jets a home playoff game. What a difference a division makes :)

" Everybody knows Tebow isn't going to beat out Sanchez in practice, thats not where he is gonna shine. " Yeah so its kind of tough to get better if you can't improve in practice. He also has trouble shining for more than 2-3 drives a game. You need more to be a successful QB in the league.Consistency is something both Sanchez and Tebow have struggled mightily with.

"Each time he does this, he will be looking to expand his role. Those are Tebow's words, not mine. " Doesn't make a difference whose word it is. Sneaking in from an option play from the 2 yard is not gonna jump his stock as a full time starting QB. This is silly to think. THat's like me calling saying Kerley and Brad Smith should be QB's since when they came in at the WC big plays happened often. Or LT, or ronnie brown. etc etc.

" Longtime Jet fans are in for a treat, even though most are too jaded from year's of disappointment to know it yet." There is one poster here who is completely jaded. You know who it is :sad: :eek:hmy:

Other than that, most people just try to view this team realistically and its' players realistically. At the same time that on the rare occurrence leads to overanalyzing players like Revis. Realistically, Sanchez provides this team with a much better than Tebow. Realistically, Tebow is better suited to be a WC QB and he can flourish like this. The Schotty debate has happened many times, but you have to give QB's in a curve if you grade them with Schotty as a coach. Remember, every QB that has left him as gotten better, and some (Chad and Favre) had CAREER years. That doesn't mean anything for Sanchez, but if I had to bet, I would bet that Sanchez improves because the past QB's that have left Schotty have all gotten better.

#58 displacedfan, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  19. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

^Very intelligent,respectable response. Even though you are wrong on many fronts. The Denver Broncos were a 4-12 team in 2010, and started the year 1-4 with Orton in 2011. The only change was Tebow started, and then there was a dramatic turnaround with a divison title and a playoff win.
    The fact that he was sneaking out wins isn't a strike against him, it is a dramatic point for him. Six 4th quarter/ot comeback wins in his first year of starting? That is amazing. Did you expect him to take a 4-12 team and instantly be blowing out the rest of the NFL?
    His brand? I think winning while taking the starting qb job in NY is what will improve his "brand". Those comments were a lil delusional there yourself marketing manager.
    In addition bringing in a new OC doesn't count as a new Regime. It doesn't buy Sanchez any more years to develop. He has started 50 games in the NFL, you very well may have seen his ceiling. Jet fans should be concerning themselves more with the vast amount of interceptions that Sanchez throws than Tebow's paltry completion %.
    Incompletions stall drives, Interceptions lose games. Case in Point, Tebow vs Sanchez in only head to head meeting. Tebow throws balls into the dirt left and right, not accomplishing much. Sanchez throws a devastating pick six. Tebow turns into Rocky mode and wins the game, just as I have seen him do his entire career.
    As far as Tebow succeeding on the option play, your not seeing the writing on the wall. The spread option will be the offense. Jets fans just don't get it if they think he is another Brad Smith. Tebow is going to change the game. Call me delusional, but then watch it happen.

20. Bannon

Bannon New Member

So many walls of text.

My eyes are bleeding.