Tebow Is Already Outperforming Sanchez

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by whichfan, Aug 8, 2012.

1. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

The Mods have made it very clear that they won't tolerate tebow fanboys making wildly inaccurate statements in the main forum.

Saying Tebow is beating out Sanchez when he has only taken a handful of 1st team reps is pretty silly.

Stop while you can.

2. Apple Jack

Apple Jack Banned

QFT.

Stay in the basement where we've all been banished. It's safer down here.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This is generally not something we do. When someone makes a post that is obviously going to derail a thread into a tebow thread and it seems like it's a new topic in tebowmania I don't think it's a bad idea.

The OP was probably just looking for attention with this one anyway, so he got what he wanted and more.

4. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

That or a mod could add a line right at the top saying "This was a reply from a forum thread and was oved here".

Given the situation and climate, I actually prefer that Mods move posts here, rather than the alternative, which is to simply delete them.

5. Apple Jack

Apple Jack Banned

I think the outrage is that other "wildly inaccurate statements" are tolerated. Distinct double standard. But I've routinely stated, the mods/admins have the right to make any rules and decisions they want. Right of ownership.

6. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

In fairness to whichfan, I can see a huge difference between making a statement in reply to a post in another thread, and actually starting a thread with the same material.

7. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

BINGO. Dont write a loaded (and bullshit by the way) post in an area you know it isnt allowed in and act all butt hurt when it gets moved.

Nobody and I mean NOBODY (even Tebow) thinks he has out performed Sanchez in this camp or any other camp.

If you would have said something less bombastic like, Tebow looks like he had a great day, or a better day then nothing would have happened.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Too bad for him?

I'll consider your suggestion in the future if i think it makes sense for the scenario.

9. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

I agree. It is their board, they make the rules. I only post here in Tebowmania, I read through interesting threads in the main section.

They have said it before: Don't like it? Go create your own forum. Until then, obey the rules and we can all get along (relatively speaking)

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You Tebow guys are the worst.

11. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

There are some politics involved in this though...

I'm not saying that Tebow is outperforming Sanchez at this point, but for the sake of argument, let's just say that he is.

The coaches will be hard pressed to start Tebow week one if he outperforms Sanchez during TC and the Preseason...They just signed Sanchez to a big deal, and everything we've been hearing from the Jets since the day they acquired Tebow is that Mark Sanchez is the starter.

I'm sure the Jets organization will have to wait until Sanchez fails in the regular season before replacing him...No way Tebow starts Week 1 even if he outperforms Sanchez 10 fold during the preseason.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

This guy gets it. ^

Bottom line, to be frank, we aren't happy that a bunch of Tebow fans are here now. But we understand he's a member of the Jets and it's the nature of the beast. So this sandbox was created and so long as you play nice there's no problem. If you don't like the rules, feel free to find another sandbox.

Personally, I'm not going to be taking any shit from tebois.

And this discussion ends here.

If you want to discuss further, there is a banned thread in the bullshit forum where things can be discussed.

13. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

That is a valid argument and it does happen. I liken being the starting QB to being a boxing champ.. you cant beat the champ by just a little you have to beat the champ by a lot to get that belt.

Many starters are quite comfy in their spots and may get lazy. At this point however no way Tebow is pushing Sanchez for the starting role. Its possible he could no doubt as I am no big fan of Sanchez.

14. catfish

catfish New Member

fair statement and well said

15. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

Read that he also threw a 50 yard TD to the tight end.

Not a bad day for a guy who can't throw.

16. FakeSpike13

FakeSpike13 Banned

I agree mostly, except that in my opinion I think Tebow is regarded closer behind closed doors than Rex is leading on...

Ultimately, Sanchez is going to have to lose the job for himself though during the regular season...I don't think the circumstances will allow for Tebow to win it outright.

I do think that Tebow has the opportunity to make the leash for Sanchez a little bit shorter if he plays well in the preseason games though...But Sanchez will be the starter Week 1 regardless.

17. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

I think we all need to take a step back and take a deep breath. I myself came here to see if Tebow could improve, not thinking that he would. The good part is this forum and team are growing on me and I'm not even a believer in Tebow. The kid works hard and that can only be good things for the team. Mark seems to be pushing his team and Tebow is proving to be a viable backup at this point. Let's hope they do good things this year. I actually like the fans and the team around here.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

WTF? Tebow has one semi decent day and all of a suddenly he's already out performing Sanchez? Like what? Sanchez has put up better numbers just about every day of camp besides this one, where Tebow completed one additional pass than him. Get your head out of your ass man. Posts like this are the reason Tebow has its own section. People are so blinded by manlove that they selectively pick and choose stats and the first day Tebow does slightly better they bring it up as if Sanchez hasn't destroyed him all camp long playing against a much harder defense. Can't you just be positive about Tebow without trying to bring our starting QB down? I liked what I've seen from both this year, no question, but Mark is and has been the clear and obvious starter.

#38 Barcs, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  19. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

From what I have been reading they are pretty even on good days. What can not be discussed is Mark is behind the starting offensive line, but going against the starting D, as Tebow usually runs with the two's. This gets him pressured more, but gets to throw against a lesser defense.

Mark and Tim in my opinion have both excelled so far. The problem as you stated is that some go overboard, instead of saying" hey if something happens to Mark or he doesn't perform, we might be in good hands", they hit the other end of the spectrum with daft posts.

20. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

Football is played on the field.

Not in some radio/tv studio, in a lousy newspaper column or between some bulletin board bullies on their keyboards.

It's what happens on the field that counts. Frankly, some highly opinionated folks are gonna be embarrassed shortly.