Jets should cut Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jetzIII, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

we're in too deep with tebow already. if we released him, we'd be even more of a joke then we are right now.

they had their chance to back out when the deal was called off at first. but alas, here we are.

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I'm not sure what Boomer's logic is here. He had a bad first week of training camp and says the Jets should cut Tebow ? Yikes...

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What were his reasons? I'm just curious? I think Tebow is a dogshit QB but he brings some value to the team.

4. knuckleballah22

knuckleballah22 New Member

boomer just loves attention

5. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I've always thought highly of Boomer. That said, this makes no logical sense whatsoever, and I can't believe he would stoop to that level. It sounds like something Stephen A. Smith would have said, not something I would have thought to hear from someone who has a clue.

He's not a threat to Sanchez. He's a package player with one hell of a track record in what he can do for the team. And like Sal Palantonio said today, Boomer couldn't be farther from the truth, since Tebow has united the team (which even the most hardcore Tebots would have to admit sounds a little fishy, there hasn't even been a game yet, but I'll roll with it)

I could only assume Boomer hates it because he knows QBs like him are the most ego-driven people and hate not being "the guy" on every snap. Maybe Sanchez hates it too, but it was going to happen anyway, whether Tebow was here or not. We always had the wildcat, Rex wanted it back this season, and Sparano made a career out of it. So the FO went out and got the premiere wildcat QB in the league. Great personnel move.

Boomer is wrong, and a distraction the team did not need. I hope he didn't say that just to get his name out there like Tim Cowlishaw.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Boomer is well on his way towards that Depends endorsement deal he so desperately desires.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

8. BuffaloBills

BuffaloBills Banned

Are you a family member of Tebow's . Seriously stop defending him at every turn, its annoying.

9. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

It goes both ways.

10. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

Manish Mehta is the biggest fanboy beat writer in the league. I really believe someone in the Jets organization edits his stories and tweets. Why are the beat writers so quick to defend Tim Tebow? Isn't there supposed to be no cheering in the press box?

11. Potzer

Potzer New Member

Because he's a good dude? Who gives interviews when requested? Because people want to read about him?

Pretty sure posting on a forum(player specific section of the forum to boot) makes you a fanboi fwiw.

12. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

You know what the difference between people like you and me and people like Mehta? It's not our job to talk objectively about the team. You can be friendly with the players, but don't let it affect your job.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

This is dumb. People on here know I'm not high on Tebow as a QB but cutting him is dumb because he can provide value as a WC QB.

14. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I'm no Tebow fan, but that is just plain stupid. I like that the message from camp is the same every day and that there is no controversy on the team in spite of all of the attention. Sanchez is the starter and Tebow will backup. Tebow will come in on special packages where he provides a special skill set.

15. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

#55 CowboysFan, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  16. BuffaloBills

BuffaloBills Banned

Sorry, I gotta have 10 posts to see your link, but I'm sure its hilarious.

17. BuffaloBills

BuffaloBills Banned

18. BuffaloBills

BuffaloBills Banned

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Huge exaggeration. You wanna guess who wrote the anonymous Jets piece last year?

He started off real good, Jenny Vrentas good but I think his worked has slipped some as he got caught up in the headlines. He isn't a big fanboy though. None of the Jets beat writers are really

20. _Jet_

_Jet_ Member

I don't know if Tim can play RT, but he definitely can play NT/DT for sure. He has good size/quickness/strength to play D linman. I bet he could be a pro bowler quicker if he switches position.