Jets should cut Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jetzIII, Aug 6, 2012.

1. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

CBS football analyst and former longtime Bengals quarterback Boomer Esiason is not on the Tim Tebow bandwagon. During his weekday Boomer & Carton show on WFAN Monday morning, Esiason encouraged the Jets to release their alleged backup quarterback and personal protector on the punt team.

“I’m just telling you right now, I would [cut Tebow], and I’ll tell you why I would,” said Esiason, who deemed the Jets’ acquisition of Tebow a “major” mistake. “It’s not in any way, shape, or form — I think — benefiting this team.”

The Jets’ trade for Tebow has generated overflowing criticism. It seems like G.M. Mike Tannenbaum and head coach Rex Ryan are begging for a quarterback controversy, although they insist Tebow will be a package player on offense and special teamer only.

Boomer isn’t impressed.

“All you have to do is watch him throw the ball,” said Esiason. “Just watch him. . . . You can say whatever you want about Tim Tebow. He played some of the worst football that any quarterback has ever played in the history of the game last year, at times.”

And Boomer agrees that having Tebow on the roster poses an unnecessary challenge for allegedly-entrenched starting quarterback Mark Sanchez.

“I just think this whole thing — at least from my perspective right now — in relation to who Mark Sanchez is, your starting quarterback, is a major mistake,” Esiason said
    Boomer just wants to join the bandwagon

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Boomer: he's NOT a QB here, stop evaluating him as a QB.

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Boomer is out of his mind.

4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Tebow sucks. However, he has won more playoff games as a starting QB than the Bills franchise has won this century.....

My vote: Before we cut him, we better find out if he can play RT.

5. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

I wish the media was at another teams camp.

6. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

Dumb idea. Wouldn't complain if the Jets did it though.

7. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I vote no cut.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

YEEEEES!!!

The idea is idiotic no matter how you look at it.

9. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

Dumb article is dumb. What a horrible idea. dude will get a minimum of say 5 rushing td's as a situational player and still be a capable back up qb if needed. People astound me sometimes.

10. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

Ya he's a moron just looking to get in the headlines.

11. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Is Boomer suffering Concussion syndrome? Tebow just threw for 300+ in his first playoff game vs the #1 pass defense in the league. Go away Boomer, why don't you cut yourself from the analyst position.

12. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

2 things then Tebow followed that up with a stinker against one of the worst in the league and Boomer is paid to have an opinion and he is giving it. Don't like it? Don't listen / read.

while I never much cared for him or his mouth he does know the position. 14 years in the NFL I think gives him the right to have an opinion...although he wasnt much of a QB most of his career in my mind.

13. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Former players aren't always great at evaluating talent. See Michael Jordan and Isiaha Thomas.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If we cut him, Bellishit will pick him up and when Brady goes out for the year on a hit by Bart Scott Tebow will take over and win them a superbowl this year..it's a terrible idea.

15. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

maybe he can maybe he cant its his job though to give his opinion / create some buzz. For all we know there are Tebow "haters/lovers" that merely pick a side to stir the shit. Talking heads like their name in lights on blogs and everywhere else. So it wouldnt surprise me if half the pro tebow people are not really sure and the the anti tebow people are in the same camp.

16. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

You know how I know this wont happen? Because Scott probably wont sniff Brady.

17. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

I am compelled to listen/read about it because he is talking about my favorite athlete. The real question is why you are you compelled to comment on every thread in a Tebowmania message board about an athlete that you have such a low opinion about? Seems like such a waste of time.

18. Remarker

Remarker Banned

You've got that right. Letting Hernandez and Tebow hook back up would be the Jets' worst nightmare.

19. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I think the way to settle all this let Tebow earn the backup spot. I don't think he should be just given it.

20. gmp

gmp New Member

No doubt they'd bench Brady in a NY minute.