Cromartie: I'm the second-best receiver on the Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Axel3419, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Him being our starting #2 CB, im pretty positive that this is exactly the type of role and only type of plays he would be involved in on Offense.

Tebow throws those types of deep balls, they said hed be in for Tebow packages.

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And he got a new boyfriend in Cedric Benson already. Man, he changes his boyfriend like a highschool girl changes her clothes during the day.

3. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

HE could just be a cocky fucker rather than thinking we are going to go 5-11 or 6-10

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I still love Cro.

5. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Agreed. I think Cro's problem in coverage is that he's often too physical and gets flagged for it left and right.

6. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Grabbing receivers jersey's on their way by isn't physical in the physical sense.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Cromartie is also the team's best pass interferer which is why they are moving this asshole to WR.

8. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Assuming he can catch the ball, which remains to be seen, Rex brought up a great point about him the other day about how he was running a comeback route in practice, instantly recognized the coverage, and ran a go route instead for a huge gain.

Being able to know what the defense is throwing at you right away takes a lot of receivers a long time to figure out - some never get it at all. That could be a huge advantage if we actually decide to use him there from time to time.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

So little appreciation for a guy that's done his job better than any Jet CB I've seen next to Revis and A Glenn. Outside of the Oakland game he was rock solid.

10. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

He's just a bad kick/punt returner, which is where half of the criticism comes from.

If the man can't hang onto a kick return or punt return, how the hell can he handle catching the ball and making a run afterwords for it?

11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

At the moment, he may be right. There's good reason to be worried about the position.

Hopefully, Schilens can fill the gap until Hill is ready, but his injury history is a major question mark. Kerley is more suited for the slot, and maybe Keller gets lined up out wide to create mismatches?

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Axel, I saw that interview and imho this is not newsworthy--I could see that little sneak Bayless coming a mile away, purposely putting that "got 'cha!" question out there and then --once Cromartie took the bait-- immediately ready with his follow up: "so you're better than Kerley...etc.?" in a cynical attempt to instigate, to drive a devisive wedge into the mix...blah blah..

Follow up from today - Skip Bayless quote: "there are about 6 knuckleheads in the Jet locker room." When asked (besides Holmes) who the other 'knuckleheads' he was referring to were, Bayless passed (and was given an 'ESPN pass' by Steven A. Smith). Just a ball-less instigator who's quick to put it out there but minus the gumption to stand behind it. 48 hours later, this disengenuously staged Cro-WR question will be forgotten. Bayless, another ESPN Jet-flamming prick stirring the pot. sorry-end of rant.

13. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Cromartie didn't have to take the bait, did he? He's NOT a twelve-year-old.

14. patdaman819

patdaman819 Member

lolll i hope hes wrong if our defence players have to play offence because is our 2nd best wr we got a problem

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Had to figure this wouldn't take long ...
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...ew-york-jets-balks-antonio-cromartie-wr-boast

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

im an FSU fan so I will say this doesnt shock me.

after being a nickelback/ kick returner his first two years, there was TONS of talk about him switching to WR in the spring before his Junior year.

than he tore his ACL, and we all know the rest.

hes got the hands, body control, and few CB's would be able to keep up with him. hes just such a freak at CB though.

would be nice for them to have some packages with Hill, Cro, Holmes split out with Sanchez taking snaps and Tebow in the backfield.

direct snap to Tebow, fade route to Cro.

haha i bet Sparano and Rex are creaming their pants trying to tinker up new schemes.

#36 Coach K, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  17. joolander

joolander New Member

Fuck Antonio cromartie and that Miami heat hat. Wear either a jets or ny sports hat.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

18. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

lol looks like Cimini was right all along. There's going to be some big locker room dissension this year, and this is just the start.

19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Can't really blame Schilens.

Hill's response was great. I thought it was very mature.

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

wow so the negativity and chicken littles come out to play already.....