Why does the media hate the Jets so much?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Aug 1, 2012.

1. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

I get that it's NY, and by default NY teams are always going to be scrutizined, but it seems that the Jets take it worse than any other team in the league. They haven't won anything of significance in the last few years yet the media harps on the Jets as if they're the Yankees buying championships left and right.

Just curious as to what your guys' thoughts are on the subject.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Cause they ave been losers now for 43 years & counting :sad:

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

They are an easy target because of Rex Ryan and Tim Tebow.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

when you do the things we have done under Rex the media will pile on when things don't go right. Look at the bright side, we are relevant which we have rarely been in our history.

5. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I'd say it's because Rex talks so much and makes these grandiose guarantees. Giants rarely talk, and therefore rarely get talked about.

6. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

That's the thing though - what does the media want Rex to say instead? That they're not going to win the Super Bowl each year? Every head coach in the NFL - from the Patriots down to the Rams - should be reasonably confident of winning the VLT each and every season. Otherwise, why even bother showing up for games?

7. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

^why you got to do the rams like that, stop with the brianless schotty bashing! :lol:

When you're easy to pick on, people pick on you. This is the year everything changes. Last season, was a good thing; a wake up call for Rex Ryan and his New York Jets. Today, is a new day with new opportunities and I like where we are flying.

NYJ goals:

1) AFCE title.
    2) AFC title.
    3) SB title

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Plenty of teams have sucked for longer and never won. We just put ourselves out there and don't back it up and we are a NY team and the national media hates NY teams. I am a Yankee fan, trust me, we are hated but we win.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

NY media + outspoken coach and players = article

Obviously theyll trash the team until they win.

10. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Are you kidding, the media loves the Jets! The Jets moves the needle! The Jets are the most interesting team in the NFL.

The media thanks God for the Jets, we keep them busy! Dont let the negativaty fool you! They secretly love us!

We got a head coach who kicks ass and is now sexy! A QB who bangs supermodels, our back up QB is a prophet sent by god and has magic! Our wide reciever is a diva who wants to be the head coach, and our second best receiver is not even a receiver!

We got story lines up the ass! The other teams are boring. The media loves us and we love them! Any publicity is good publicity!

11. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

The media is pretty lazy and just copies what everyone else does. So if it's popular for whatever reason to rag on the Jets then they will all rag on the Jets.

12. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Honestly, I'm a lifelong Jets Darksider who for most of my life I have kinda agreed with an honest media report that would critique the Jets...Even the past 2 years with Super Bowl talk I looked at the Jets as a team with flaws yet a punchers chance and hoped to see 9-10 wins....

For the 1st time in my life I feel like the criticsm is Off the wall and ridiculous at times...
    And to me, it's going to make every win that much sweeter.

At this point I'm just taking down names and predictions and I can't wait to rub people's faces in their own shit.

I think a lot of people are taking what happened next year as a trend - to me that was worst case scenario.... Only injuries will help prove them right...

But, I would love it if guy's like Evan Silva would allow me to place a bet on their 4-6 win predictions. I'll bet on that right now - name the price, show some balls.

13. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Oh.. And they certainly take their que from the local Mediots.....

Also - IMO Mike Florio built his career off Jets fans - We're passionate - Say some ### about the Jets and we come out en masse.....

This is all about the Florio Model and Getting "Hits" - Fire up Jets fans and flood your site and TV show with passion - and that's all that matters - they take advantage of some of the most passionate fans in Sports to make a buck, that's all it is.....

Florio would still be some little prick with a rinky dink web site if not for jets fans

14. jetsaholic10

jetsaholic10 Member

It's not that the media hates us, but the Jets make it easy for them to create buzzworthy "news". ESPN is broadcasting from Jets camp all week, because they're entertaining. Rex, Tebow, Holmes, and now Cromartie make it easy to have one team that creates a storyline and buzz for the upcoming season. And if they have negative opinions, that's what they get paid for, and the more buzz a reporter creates, the better for their careers. Can't hate

15. Jets83

Jets83 Banned

If Schotty doesnt bench Holmes theres no story. Sure you see him jarring with Hunter but you dont know what happend and the media has nothing. Teams go through this locker room division every year but the media doesnt know about it dont even ask about it, but because Holmes got benched everyone rushes to his and everyone elses locker and has a million questions. Bad move Schotty, bench hunter no one would care if he got benched and just assume it was a sub, but hey it doesnt really matter. Fuck the media if it really bothered our players they wouldnt be making millions a year. Talk all the shit you want ass clowns come talk to me in october

16. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

We are just as easy as target before RR & TT got here. Let see there was Lou Holtz, Charley Winner, The Michaels affair, Pick U nose Joe Walton, Who can forget Kotex? Bruce Coslet, Herm, Eric. Quite a collection Heh? :sad:

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Because they won SB3 and destroyed the good-ole boy NFL as they knew it. They have always hated the Jets, this isn't new.

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Why on earth would anyone think the media hates the Jets

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

some head coaches use that as "Us-Against-The-World" tactic but in fan-base? I don't even have a slightest clue.

20. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

lol on nfl network one of the guys just says "I think Tebow and Sanchez will both be gone after this season"

The media is a joke