Underestimating the bills.....

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NJGREEN, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

The Bills will be good once Tom Brady retires. They'll compete with the Jets for the spot each year. Until then, I'm not too worried.

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

31, broken fibula. He's going to be grreat

There's nothing to respond to. Your team has been garbage for the past two decades. You're coming into our home week 1. I'm confident we will be ready to greet you.

3. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Bills have some talent. Beating them week 1 would be huge to poke a hole in their confidence early. Then again, when they've started hot lately, they've faltered soon after.

Buffalo is a nice little team. Offensively, it depends on how Fitz and Sanchez play. The Jets and Bills have similar quality weapons at wr/te, but the Bills look better at runningback, so I have to give them a small edge offensively at the moment. There are young guys on the Jets who will have to step up, if they do, and that includes Sanchez, then that could change.

Defensively, the Jets are better across the board. They've made improvements to an already top defense. Buffalo has made improvements to a mediocre defense.

If everything goes right for the Bills, they can be a factor. It seems they are ravaged by injuries every year, but they can run the ball and they have some front 7 talent.

I still have to see a playoff team from them before I believe it. The AFC seems weak this year, so they could have a chance to get in. But I still think the Jets are better.

The Jets

4. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Back and doin' fine in camp.

How did you know it was skunk? Do you eat chicken with the feathers still on it? Well, neither do we hillbillies.

At least! :)

And who, exactly, is the the Jets' "franchise QB"? There is slightly more to being a "franchise QB" than dating super models and trotting around shirtless in the rain.

You do realize that it's much easier to come back from a simple broken bone than it is ligament/tendon injuries, right? DOH.

Oh, and you forgot that the Bills also have CJ Spiller, who came into his own last season after Freddie J was injured.

The same can be said for every team in the AFCE at this point.

5. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

Not really. This rules:

[​IMG]

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Son, I am talking Bills. Get it? Bills.

Repeat.

B.I.L.L.S.

The fact of the matter is, that backup QB you guys just shelled 60M last year only posted 60+% completion ratio only once in his entire career. If you think you are getting anywhere with that kid, you are deluded (and I am being very generous with that assessment too.)

7. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Post of the year.

The sad thing is I've got a soft spot for the Bills. That is, until they start infiltrating this forum spouting their usual pre-season shit.

8. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

yeah, maybe for the first 4 or 5 weeks of the season.

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The reason why I have a hard time taking the Bills seriously, because this is like an old movie being rewatched. The Bills always will suddenly get a ton of hype and then just complete fall apart.

Week 1 will be a dog fight, I say Jets take it in a close game. We are at home so thats why im giving the edge to the Jets.

10. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you.

11. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Just checking in, I'm still at work and didn't read the rest of this thread, but this post proves my point!

We cant go into this season with the same old "oh it's just the Bills" mentallity. I believe because they aint make the playoffs in a million years, and because Fitzpatrick sucks that the fans are about to revolt!

I think the Bills got something to prove and the first game of the season's gonna be nasty, that's all!

12. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

The thread title is moot bc you can't underestimate a team that hasn't been relevant since the time before cellular phones.

13. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

lmfao!!!! Wow, you guys go for the juglar on this site, damn!

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Jets won the Lombardi trophy once, to say the very least (even though it was some 40 years ago.)

Now, Bills?

0 Lombardi Trophy.

Has been conference doormat for the past decade or so. (They failed even during Brady's injury year. Go figure.)

So... if you want to underestimate that magnitude of ineptitude, you would have to go on to say "The Bills will go 0-16 this season" or that sort. Which no one here does - hence his point.

15. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I think the reason everyone is down on the Bills is because we have heard this story the past 3-4 years from the media, all the hype, and nothing has happened. Now they might actually be a good team, but we are trained to tune out the media/fans.

I don't think the Bills are locked into greatness like their fans tihnk, but I also don't think they're going 4-12. Fred Jackson is a big questions. Just because it was a bone injury doesn't mean he can get 100% again easily. I still am not sold on Fitz so I have them (and Jets for what its worth) at 7-9 to 9-7. Once we get some preseason games and game 1 done, definitely can make a better prediction.

16. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

I can't agree with that. Most preseason power rankings had Buffalo in the bottom 5 the last 3 seasons. Drew Bledsoe's 2nd year in Buffalo was the last time the Bills had pretty high expectatations from the media. Maybe a scattered few in Edwards first year as the starter. As for Jackson, there has been no signs of the injury slowing him down in camp. He also doesn't have the wear and tear of the average 31 year old back and he won't be asked to carry that kind of workload again.

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I must be reading different things. I have read for the past 3-4 years that the Bills are either the surprise team of the AFC or they are going to overtake the Jets. Hasn't happened yet.

Wear and tear of a season and actual games are different from camp. You won't know until the first game what he can provide. I would look more at the preseason and see how takes the hits there and then the first couple games. Same with Peyton Manning and any other player coming off a season ending surgery.

18. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Well someone is always going to label a team with no expectations a surprise team because theres is usually one every year and there's a short list to pick from. I believe be ESPN had Buffalo 31 last year and dead last the season prior. Obviously Jackson has to be tested in games; the point is that it hasnt effected speed, change of direction, burst etc.

19. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Amazing how faggot bill fans can still talk smack...even after their franchise has essentially taken over for Detroit as the leagues #1 bottom feeding doormat

Merriman...ha! How many sacks does this guy have in his last 23 games, look it up. Just a roided up punk.

With the Jets building the #1 secondary in football...the toronto bills are going to have a very tough time throwing the ball on us. Gonna be one of those 6-23, 56 yards 2 int games for fitzpatrick

20. WhysoSerious?

WhysoSerious? Banned

I guess you didn't know that Spiller averaged 5 yards a carry down the stretch and played very well for us.

#40 WhysoSerious?, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012