Question for you Tebow nuts?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jul 29, 2012.

1. catfish

catfish New Member

proving without a shadow of a doubt.....really I got nothing, back to the arguing

2. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Chrebet, before anyone wastes any more time getting mired down and lost in the minutiae and details, the operative point is really simple and straightforward; when you look at the actual stats, Tebow's first 15/16 starts are on par with what Sanchez did in his first 15/16 starts.

Thing is, I don't recall many people running around after Mark's first year claiming that he was the worst QB in the NFL, or that he wasn't a real NFL QB.

3. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

LOL nice

It was a little rocky, but his play down the stretch and playoffs really help quiet all that BS down.

The same type of argument is made on this site all the time comparing Elis 1st 3 years to Sanchezs to make the point that Eli went on to play like garbage in the beggining of his 4th season and have his fans call for his head only to pull it together and win the SB.

Ill agree the stats are comparable, however now we are opening up pandoras box... for example whose incompletions were worse and so forth....I dont have the tolerance for other people who will post with that.

4. catfish

catfish New Member

I think it just illustrated that he has plenty he can work to improve, but is far from as bad as some would try to paint him. Not nearly ready to be a starter, but possible able to improve to that point. Thank you for the rational posts, I will now exit the discussion :)

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

How could u even think that when Mark took his team to the afccg? Those stats are really unfair to Sanchez because he started week one his rookie year. Tebow didn't get a start until his 14th game.

6. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

I guess the same way people talk about how Tebow won, his defense got him there. See how that works?

7. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Without a doubt they both owe their success' to their defenses for keeping the games close enough when they play bad to turn it on and win.

8. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Exactly I was pointing out that both sides say the same thing but never agree....

9. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Exactly I was pointing out that both sides say the same thing but never agree....

10. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Tebow's #'s are excellent minus the completion %. Even so , I will take throws into the dirt before I take throws to the other team any day of the week. Sanchez td to int ratio 13tds to 20 ints is terrible. Imagine how much the haters here would be harping on Tebow if he had those #'s. Even in his third full season Dirty sanchez threw 18 ints'. One of those int's was a pick 6 vs Tebow's Broncos and pretty much lost them the game.
    If Tebow's passing game is even close to where Sanchez is, when you factor in what he does on the ground by himself, and as a threat he makes the other backs more effective. This is exactly what it seems the Jets want to do, Ground and Pound. That is what Tebow does, Ground and pound. The writing is on the wall, Darell Revis aint gonna run like a scurred bitch if he sees Mark running right at him, but he sure did when it was time to get Tebowed.

11. Demosthenes9

Even if Sanchez hadn't gone to the AFCC his first year, at the end of the season, people wouldn't have been saying that he sucked or that he wasn't an NFL QB. Most people understand that there's a learning curve and it takes at least a couple of years of starting for most young QBs to mature and start doing really well.

BTW, you can make this kind of comparison to almost all other QBs who have had success in the NFL. It might take some guys more time than others, maybe year 4 or 5 instead of year 3, but that end of the scale isn't germane to the discussion. The important part is that only very, very rarely do young QBs step right in and perform like seasoned vets.

12. iPlayiBall

iPlayiBall New Member

LOL I didn't even see this posted. LOL x 10000. A repressed, homoerotic mess. I'm starting to see what this obsession you have with Tim is really all about.

13. Demosthenes9

Sigh, Sanchez started week 1 of his rookie season after being handed the starting job in TC and getting most of the first team snaps that go with the starting job.

Tebow, on the other had, was 3rd on the depth chart his first year and what limited snaps he might have gotten were with the #2's, #3's or even practice squad guys.

Being the starter in TC and getting the first team reps is a HUGE edge in terms of development. Not only are you taking snaps with the first team offense, but you are going up against the first team defense usually. When your the third string QB, you don't get that.

Seriously, who do you think is getting more out of camp right now ? Sanchez, taking the first team reps ? Or McElroy, carrying a clipboard and perhaps getting 1 or 2 reps ?

14. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Circular reasoning, but I like it.

15. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I can see u know nothing about football. Ask Aaron Rogers,Tom Brady,Tony Romo how they turn out after carry the clip board.

16. Demosthenes9

You mean the same Aaron Rodgers who sucked his first 2 years in the league ? Go and see how much carrying the clipboard for part of a single season helped any of those guys.

Now, if you want to talk about guys sitting and watching for 3+ years, that gets to be different, especially if the QBs in questioned are being actively groomed or developed.

As always though, there are exceptions to the general rule. Every once in a while, you might find a QB that can basically walk right in and do well. That's a rarity though.

17. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Sucked? His 1st 2 years as the starter he threw for 8472 yards and 58 tb? That sucks to u?

18. Demosthenes9

You have a reading comprehension problem or something ? Aaron Rodgers first 2 years as a starter happened to be his 4th and 5th year in the league.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't you guys know when you're being trolled?

20. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Circular reasoning is paradoxical... I just gave a simple either/or.