Sanchez outplays Tebow

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by GATA, May 24, 2012.

1. catfish

catfish New Member

for the record I am here as a Tebow fan, but sincerely want Sancez to suceed. I hope Tebow and Sanchez both shine in preseason so Sanchez can lead the team in the future and Tebow can get the chance to develop not as much under the microscope because he needs at least a year of focus just on the passing aspect of his game

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The other incident was the Dick Lane one from Wednesday. Also, I did not ask a question here.

You jumped to conclusions and figured me as a Tebow hater. That is not the case at all. I was all for the Tebow acquisition.

3. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Dude, you must be high or something.

First of all, that "other" incident wasn't an incident at all, rather, it was you getting your panties in an uproar.

You had listed 2 guys you would basically put as your top 2 CBs in NFL history and I merely piped and offered the opinion that you might want to add Night Train Lane into that lineup.

YOU then asked whether I had read through the thread, which basically insinuated that Night Train had already been discussed. After I replied saying that I hadn't seen him mentioned in the thread, YOU then realized that YOU had made a mistake, and that the conversation that YOU were thinking about (where you had mentioned Night Train) was in a different thread.

That was your mistake, not mine.

Point #2: There's absolutely nothing in my response that would paint you as a Tebow hater. Actually, there's nothing in my response that paints you in any light. I merely provided a reason in reply to your statement.

Here's a replay of it just to help you out:

Go ahead and point out which part of, or how that statement shows that I "jumped to conclusions and figured me [you] as a Tebow hater."

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That was not my top 2 CBs list. This was pointed out to you.

5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Oh, forgive me, it was the 2 CBs that you would put on your "all-time team".

BTW, seems that you failed to address point #2.

6. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

If Tebow plays for the Dolphins next year, yes I will follow the Dolphins the same way. I won't necessarily be a fan of the Dolphins. I am originally from NY and the Giants have always been my "team". I am a UF alumni and have been a fan of Tebow's since he played for us and enjoy his style of play. I can't wrap my head around why it bothers you guys so much.

There are countless players who fans love to watch even though they play on a team other than the one they root for. I used to be a die-hard Knicks fan in my youth and when Jordan used to tear up the Knicks every year in the playoffs, I hated it. But I loved Jordan as a player and watched him every chance I could. He was still my favorite player.

I don't see why this is such a hard concept to grasp or why it bothers anyone. Nobody here is stopping you from enjoying your team or doing anything to mess up your team. We are fans talking on a forum. I'm not buying any billboards, writing to the front office to beg them to start Tebow, or anything like that.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

That's cool man, I think Tebow is a good football player and his skill set will be a great weapon but I don't think he'll ever be a starting Quarterback in the NFL. I do however think he's an addition to any roster.

8. catfish

catfish New Member

fair enough, I certainly can't guarantee he will develop, though I think there is a chance, also don't blame you for being annoyed at some of the fans, but I think in large part the "circus" is being overhyped. ESPN is a little overboard, but if you mute it at least you get to see the Jets practice in the comfort of the AC :) I will try to keep it rational and polite, I appreciate you are doing the same

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Firstly it doesn't bother me. It's annoying. Plain and simple... we (the rest of football fans not just NYJ) don't see Tebow in the same light as you. It becomes hard to take most of his fans' analysis seriously when he's so mechanically flawed and so far away from being the starter the Jets need.

I definitely like how the Jets have been using him so far.

10. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

He already was a starting NFL QB...........

11. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

I never really thought there was a question there