Question for you Tebow nuts?

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by #1 Jets Fan, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I disagree, but I can respect an opinion when laid out like that.:beer:

2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

At least Tebow is practicing and not faking a hammy.

3. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Nice to see you, also

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Are you saying that Tebow took Denver to the playoffs and won a playoff game (something we failed to do)? Or, are you saying that Tebow took Denver to the playoffs AND beat Pittsburgh (something we failed to do)?
    Because if you meant the latter, we did not play Pittsburgh this past year, so, of course, we failed to beat them...

5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Hmmm, gee, I don't know. Perhaps it's because dumbasses make TROLLING statements such as this one....

Tebow came off the bench replacing Kyle Orton and proceeded to win 6 out of 7 games in remarkable fashion. He might have stunk it up for 3+ Quarters, but then he came alive and helped snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. If you were watching, you probably would have thought that Hollywood had scripted that run.

He then lost 3 games in a row, and then had to face the Steelers the playoffs, one of the top ranked defensive teams in the NFL. Tebow then proceeded to completely shred that defense in ways that no sane person could have predicted.

Now, all of that is a world apart from "done nothing in the league to get the media coverage that he got".

In case you missed it and need to have it explained to you, most of us consider guys like YOU to be TROLLS because you spew so much unmitigated BULLSHIT that it's hard not to shake our heads at laugh at the stupidity that you managed to drivel upon a page.

You want to say that Tebow has problems with accuracy or consistency ? That's fine. Most of us would agree. You want to say that he needs to work on his footwork or timing ? Most of us would agree with this as well. If you were to say that he needs to work more on learning to read defenses and finding "NFL open" receivers, we'd agree there as well.

But no. Trolls like you say stupid shit like "Worst QB ever" or "He's not an NFL QB and never will be".

This, even though Tebow has only started a grand total of 16 NFL games in his entire short career and has NEVER had the benefit of going through a Training camp as the starter and getting the first team reps.

And you honestly wonder why we laugh and call people like you a troll ?

BWahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

troll are people like u. Tebow goes so do u. Like talk facts? Ok Tebow had a good season last season. Fact is he got traded to be a back up/wild cat/punt protector. Fact is teams where not beating down Denver door to get him. Fact he great at running the ball. Fact...he suck at throwing it.

7. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

Fact: You need to learn to type more clearly. It's hard to read man.

Tebow got traded to be a backup.. So? He was disliked from the get go by the new front office. The coaches didn't draft him, nor did they (obviously) want to start him, despite the fact that he looked good (in comparison to the other guys) in the last 3 games of 2010.

We get it, you don't want Tebow to be your starting QB. I think your point has been made sir.

8. Demosthenes9

Son, you wouldn't know what a "fact" was even if you were smacked in the mouth with one.

That guy that "sucked at" throwing the ball threw it better than Mark Sanchez did his first season in the NFL. Go check the "facts".

9. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Please elaborate sir.

10. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Fact... Mark started as a rookie... Fact Tebow rod the bench most of his rookie year. Fact... Mark took his team to afccg his rookie year. Fact...Mark took his team to afccg his 2nd year. Fact..Tebow won 1 playoff game in his 2nd year in NFL. Fact... Sanchez 55% career comp. %. Fact....Tebow 49% career comp. %....Did I miss anything?

#50 #1 Jets Fan, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
  11. Demosthenes9

I've posted the stats around here in a couple of other threads. If you look at Tebow's first 16 NFL starts and compare them to Sanchez's first 16 NFL starts, iirc, Tebow had something like 2-4 fewer passing attempts, but actually threw for more yards than Sanchez, threw more TDs and fewer Int's. He also had a higher passer rating. About the only stats that Sanchez ranked higher in were number of attempts (again, only between 2-4 difference), number of completions and completion %.

12. Demosthenes9

Yeah, the FACT that the Jet's had a Top 5 defense, a Top 5 rushing attach and a Top 5 offensive line when Mark took over. Give Tebow those same things and who knows what could have happened.

But here's the thing that you just don't get. To me, it isn't a question of "who's better right now" and it doesn't matter to me who was better in their first year.

The point that YOU seemingly can't grasp is that most of us are simply arguing that Tebow is a young and inexperienced QB who is still growing. As opposed to the dumb assed view that people like you hold, which is that he sucks as an NFL QB and never will be one.

13. catfish

catfish New Member

Vandy I know we have differing opinions on several things, but your posts have been missed:lol:

14. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Im not making arguments but I did so for my own curiosity.

With Tebows 3 starts in 2010 and 13 in 2011 vs Sanchezs 15 regular season starts and 1st playoff start in 2009 the stats look like this.

Player......Comp......Attp.....Pct.........Yds.....TDs....Int......Wins.......*

Tebow.......181.......389......46.5.......2304.....17.....6.........9.......Div. Rnd

Sanchez.....208.......379.....54.8.......2626......13....20........9.......AFCCG

#54 Chrebet86, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  15. Demosthenes9

I'll go back and recheck my totals. I used Pro Football Reference

16. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

I used game logs from NFL.com, maybe the other site didnt include the playoffs?

Also I know Tebows stats are split between 2 season, coud have helped or hurt when it comes to this, none is really a telling statement about either player IMO.

17. Demosthenes9

No, playoffs were there in the game logs.

I think last time I did the stats, I compared the first 15 games. One thing I need to start doing is saving the excel sheets I come up with when comparing stats. For whatever reason, I haven't been saving them.

I just went and took Tebow's 3 starts from 2010, his 11 regular season starts from last year and the 2 playoff games. For Sanchez, it was the 15 regular season starts in 2009 and the first playoff game

Player......Comp......Attp.....Pct.........Yds.... .TDs....Int......Wins.......*

Tebow.......181.......388......46.02.......2754.... .17.....9.........9.......Div. Rnd

Sanchez.....208.......379.....55.7.......2626..... .13....20........9.......AFCCG

Maybe NFL.com is subtracting sack yardage from passing stats ? /shrug ?

18. catfish

catfish New Member

not an arguement I care to enter either however I get

tebow 181 389 2753 18 9

2010 41 cmp 82 att 654 yds 5td 3int
    2011 141 cmp 308 att 2102 yds 13 td 6 int

agree on sanchez #

edited for accuracy

#58 catfish, Jul 29, 2012
  19. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

You counted a game where he went 1 for 1 and did not start.

2010 vs KC 1 for 1 on a 3 yd TD

Edit you are correct sir, I forgot to add Tebows playoff yardage I think.

Yup thats what I did ok so should have been,

Player......Comp......Attp.....Pct.........Yds.... .TDs....Int......Wins.......*

Tebow.......181.......389......46.5.......2753.... .17.....6.........9.......Div. Rnd

Sanchez.....208.......379.....54.8.......2626..... .13....20........9.......AFCCG

#59 Chrebet86, Jul 29, 2012
  20. catfish

catfish New Member

good catch on the KC game I will edit