And this is the problem.

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by SI_Jets_Fan, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Apple Jack

Apple Jack Banned

Look, we already established that the three biggest Tim Tebow fans on this forum are an Atheist, an Agnostic and a Deist.

The only mention of religion has been from people like you who profess to despise the "bible thumping Tebow fans."

Name them from this forum. Which Tebow fans have been promoting Tebow based on his religion or have been promoting religion?

2. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

Most fans like Tebow for his gameplay not his religious views. Love it or hate it Tebow brings big play or bust ability.

3. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Amen!?

:p

4. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

What does that have to do with me or my opinion?

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree wholeheartedly. the more people you have rooting for a guy the worse.

the shame is that our dipshit owner will go out and get the guy who creates these situations time and time again. he did it with favre, he did it with tebow and he will do it again as soon as he can.

6. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Bingo. Let the jeers continue until the media understands that Tebow won't automatically be delivered the starting QB position on a silver platter after Sanchez throws an interception, as ESPN analysts have been suggesting since March. If he's a better option then so be it, but it's not like the fan base as a whole is ready to get rid of Sanchez after one disappointing year.

Don't get me wrong, I want Tebow to be a weapon for the Jets that succeeds as a backup/wildcat, but I also think Sanchez is the man for the job, and it's frustrating to try to explain this to people when they believe the media's version of the story.

7. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

I will definitely be one of those people chanting for tebow's name after Sanchez throws his first interception.

8. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

By the media you mean skip bayless? 99% of all media hate on tebow 24/7

9. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

yeah when you view it in a vacuum I guess its terrible. how about #1 red zone threat in the NFL last 2 years? or the fact that he averages an all time NFL record per start? or the fact he has a winning record as a starter even with that percentage? or 6 comeback wins in first 11 starts?

any upside there at all?

again not saying he is a great QB but defending the fact that he is no where near as bad as you say.

10. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow himself did not create the situation. Fans + detractors + media + shaky starting QBs + tv ratings = controversy.

11. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

Incompletions stall drives, Interceptions lose games. Case in point Tebow vs Sanchez only head to head meeting in 2011. Tebow throws balls into the dirt. Sanchez throws a ball to the opposing team for a pick six. Sanchez flys home a loser and ends up missing the playoffs. Tebow wins, ends up taking a 4-12 team that hasn't been to the playoffs in 6 years to a playoff win. Please dispute any of this, nahh, that won't happen, so just change the subject..........

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

People are going to change their tunes about Sanchez after this season. Just watch.

13. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Must've forgot my /sarcasm tag.......

14. VanderbiltJets

Pretending to be dismissively intelligent is very hard, and you're very, very bad at it.

[YOUTUBE]8qXxqdUUIS0[/YOUTUBE]

15. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Sounds familiar doesn't it? Kind of like using words that you can look up in a thesaurus. Comments with intellect like you claim, only use in conversation not on a forum bud.

16. VanderbiltJets

1) comma splice in that last sentence.
    2) you caught me. i have nothing better to do with my time than to feign being relatively well-read. i go to dictionary dot com and click on synonyms and type in words to make them more long and pedantic. what is this thesaurus you speak of? a newly-discovered dinosaur species? //sarcasm
    3) you joined in june 2012. your ignorance is forgiven.

17. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

And your's is somewhat difficult to understand, given that you generally come across as intelligent :)

18. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

I like how you use capacious words to prove a nonexistent point. You claim another was pretending to be intelligent while you do the same. Take dictionary.com off your favorites. You are on an online forum, it doesn't impress bud. My join date just means I didn't have to put up with your B.S.

#58 hutch2426, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  19. ItsTime

ItsTime Banned

I pretended nothing, nor was I dismissive. I handed you your ass with Football knowledge and facts and then stated that you would have no retort. I then predicted that you would be so beaten down that your only recourse would be an attempt to change the subject, and thats exactly what you tried to do, you became my grammar bitch, thank you, thank you very much.

20. VanderbiltJets

Dismissive by definition:
    Your attitude (and only your attitude) in ^that post made your prophecy self-fulfilling (per se)