17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Awesome story. That's what its all about. We don't have a Wegmans yet in Bergen County by me, its coming though. The wife works at Whole Foods so I get 20% off everything, even stuff on sale. I paid $8.00 a lb for these and 227, the marble content on these baby's were perfect, I mean mouth watering. Always said rib-eye's on the bone were the best, I think Fliet Mignon has zero flavor.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

When you guys serve rib eye at a tailgate do u slice it up or serve individual steaks?

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think we need to raid his tailgate and find out for ourselves!

4. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

When I was tailgating on a weekly basis I bought all my meats at the Restaurant Depot its restaurant quality unlike the grocery stores who get all the secondary cuts of meats. We cooked porterhouse,t-bone,NY strip top of the line top quality I plan on contnuing that tradition only in the conveniences of my very own home.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yes cause Hess policy was keep them cheap & the fans will not complain about a losing FB team so he was 100% correct in his pricing policy :sad:

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Yes and now the Woody policy is, make them expensive and who cares about a losing FB team?... and he's still 100% correct in his pricing policy. He not only sold the tickets he sold the PSLs along with them.

Suckers born every minute (PT Barnum).

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Individual steaks. I might cut up a piece or 2 onto a plate and pass around, I don't slice rib-eye like a london broil. If I have extra steak cooked, I place in a freezer bag and put in cooler and take home for wife to eat, dont make sandwiches with that cut.. We don't cook for each other, everyone brings there own and we give each other tastes. Except for the dogs, my buddy ron brings 8 Hebrew National Dinner franks and Martin potato rolls and that's breakfast and an easy way to get something in the stomach while drinking the first beer. Thos damm dogs, we call them "Johnny Holmes Dick Dogs" are so delicous one on a potato roll it actually fills me up.Not every place sells them. Do yourself a favor and try. Dont get me started on food, I like to talk and eat food.

8. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

So you guys sit around the tailgate pretending to eat "Johny Holmes Dick"?
    I never have hot dogs as an appetizer with any select choice of beef all you taste all day and burp is dam hot dogs. Shrimp cocktail would be so much better.

9. championjets69

Yes I agree with U fully. I am sure WJ if you could speak to him would contend the tix were under priced by Hess so he was just bringing them "up" to today's NFL level even though he also just like Hess have given us a losing FB product on the field up to now :sad:

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am so glad training camp has started so I can read about the Jet players,coaches and practices and can avoid ticket talk. Rex seems to be using the media to send subtle messages to specific players. Man, he finally listened to Tuna, that's never a bad thing. Tuna turned this orginization around after KOTITE brought us to a new level of total shit.

11. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Johny Holmes DICK............:breakdance: Hows it taste?

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha.... im sorry 314 but that was really fucking funny

13. stuartfl

stuartfl Member

Question for those who sit in the lower bowl.. I have an opportunity to pick up 2 tickets in section 135, row 10. I currently have 4 seats in the same section but in row 22. I love my seats because it gives me a great vantage point to catch all the plays. The new tickets would be for clients and friends. Any advantage/disadvantage being so low down? The seats sit over the 27yrd line... any feedback would be appreciated.

14. alleycat9

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olymp...nues-prompt-investigation-224320331--oly.html

it could be that hundreds and hundreds of people who got tickets for free just didnt bother to show up or it could be that people are just done with paying such high fucking prices for everything. 3000 to go watch the opening ceremony, hey fuck you ill watch on tv.

the thing that made me think was the thousands and thousands that were outside on the street to watch the bike race... for free.

maybe im wrong, i probably am but it just seems to make sense.

15. championjets69

Do U go back to Lou Holtz & Charley Winner (who was Weeb son in law) ?

16. alleycat9

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=2528725#post2528725

can one of you guys head on over to that thread and let them know a little about the douchebaggery of the ticket office and the process for me.

i tried to break down the absurdity of the pricing and bad layout of the stadium, i know 17a or 227 or one of you guys could tell the ticket office story better than i can.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Fourtunately, I have no frame of reference. Knew what it looked like, not tasted ( ughhh) . I am glad I amused you guys, we do need to lighten up a little:beer:

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I have hated Notre Dame ever since Holtz coached the Jets. I hated Kensil even more, that SOB was the dumbest GM we ever had.

19. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Agreed all in fun buddy no harm no foul. :beer:

20. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member