Sanchez or Flacco?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 16, 2012.

?

Who would you choose to Start for the Jets?

1. Mark Sanchez

55.8%
  2. Joe Flacco

36.8%
  3. Tim Tebow

7.4%
  1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

sometimes sacks are on the QB for holding it too long, other times it's on the OL or whoever is blocking. Sanchez held onto it too often last year b/c his receivers couldn't get any seperation, he didn't have a deep threat, he didn't have a run game for most of the year.

The first half of the year Sanchez didn't have 2 seconds, later in the year he had more time. He didn't perform but no one on that offense did. It wasn't all sanchez's fault.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I know the Ravens and Broncos games weren't down the stretch. But he took some vicious shots in those games.

I know that sometimes the OL can't be blamed for sacks. And SOME of the sacks can be attributed to Sanchez holding on to the ball too long. However, last year we had receivers that could not get open. I get the feeling we won't have that issue this season. But Mark can work to improve on his pocket presence - which I think he can because he has already shown decent pocket awareness in his first 2 1/2 seasons.

Hunter was not better down the stretch. He was terrible all season long. Mangold never fully healed, but he's an absolute rock on the OL. Slauson was injured and Brick stunk. Moore had his moments and did seem to get better when he got healthier. But overall this was a terrible season for the OL.

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The stretch when Mangold was out and his first couple coming back where bad, but overall and compared to the rest of the league, terrible is an overstatement. As I have noted, the OL ranked I think 23rd for Qb hits with first being worst. That puts the Jets OL in the top third in limiting Qb hits. Terrible compared to the year before, no doubt. Not terrible compared to the rest of the league.

4. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

first point, he wasn't very clutch in those 4 games that mattered, now was he?

2nd, what qb doesn't have injuries and take a beating. hell, i think brady has had more surgeries after the season is over than most any other position players have had. lots of qb's endure injuries during the season, not just sanchez.

healthy this improved that, improved this? it's nothing but excuses.

it's pretty clear why tebow is with the jets, only a blind fool would deny it. the front office doesn't have faith in sanchez with sound reasoning. sanchez 1st three years in the league and he's yet to get above the bottom tier of qb play.

5. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

yes, ban a football fan for saying things as he see's them. i grew up in new york (hense started out a jets fan,nameth) and have lived all over the country and have become a football fan.

one doesn't have to be a fan of one team, i choose to be a football fan, that way i don't get too foolishly homered like many and make bogus accessements because i only drink green koolaid.

some here think you can only say positive about the jets or your not a fan? hell, has anybody really been watching this team for the past 30 something years? theres a lot of bad teams in those years, am i supposed to pretend otherwise?

i'm not a sanchez fan and say it like i see it. tough if you don't like it!

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The bolded part is perhaps what I take to be the most depressing thing about Sanchez's season last year. I pretty much bought in for his first and second years to the notion that he improved as the season went on. That is something wehn you are talking about a young, hopefully developing Qb.

Last year, he got worse as the year went on. So that one goes out the window.

7. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

according to many on this board, you're not supposed to speak the truth! it's a homers only board and all others are to be banned!

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Up until this one, I've never read one of your post. It's nothing personal towards you, but if a mod thinks your nothing but a troll then you should get the boot is all I was pointing out .

9. Jim-Jet

Jim-Jet Banned

Tebow isn't ready IMO so that leaves it to Sanchez or Flacco. Flacco had some decent games last year but I had the agony of watching him on (I think it was a monday night game) one game he must have had the lowest QB rating for the year or close to it. He was bloody awful.

I'll take Sanchez for now.

10. Barcs

Barcs Banned

He has been clutch in SEVERAL games that DID matter. We know he struggled while injured at the end of last season. People can't get over this. Mark Sanchez last 3 games do not define his entire career or potential. He was having a GOOD season before he got hurt in the Broncos game.

Oh stop it. Tebow is with the Jets for the wildcat and option packages, not to be a starting QB. That's the most ludicrous thing I've heard yet. Yeah, the Jets franchise is so tired of Sanchez that they plan to replace him with someone much worse, on purpose, right after they extend Sanchez contract so that we're stuck with his salary for the next 2 years, regardless. That's smart! You darksiders really like to grasp at those straws. Can't we just look forward to Mark's progress next year instead of constantly bashing the kid?

I love the logic involved with the statement that the Oline played good... Yeah they played great... If you don't count sacks! You accuse Sanchez supporters of cherry picking stats, well WTF is that shit? You can't simply dismiss sacks as if they are all Sanchez' fault and not largely attributed to the line.

#230 Barcs, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  11. nyjunc

Brady has never taken a consistent betaing like sanchez took last year and please don't compare Sanchez to Brady. That's a completely unfair comparison.

Tebow was brought here to be a WC, trick play, utility guy. It couldn't be any clearer. Most people want a QB controversy but using common sense why would the team want a QB they think will start to be the upman on punts and to bulk up to 250 lbs?

Every QB has bad stretches, the guy they go crazy for now thre 25 INTs a year ago, the best QB in the game has TWICE lost to a team his team should have been able to beat in the SB. Sanchez was terrible the last 3 games to end 2011 w/o a doubt but that doesn't define his career and he had plenty of help being bad those last 3 games.

12. Murrell2878

First, the entire team around him sucked. The OL sucked, the receivers didn’t get open, the defense sucked and he took a pounding.

Not many QB’s took the beating that Mark did last year. In fact, 3 players were fined for their hits on Mark last year (Haloti Ngata, Von Miller & Jovan Belcher).

The injuries, poor play on the OL and terrible receivers were the reality they had last season.

It is pretty clear why they brought in Tebow. To sell Jersey’s and steal the headlines from the SB Champion Giants.

13. nyjunc

They didn't throw a flag on any of those illegal hits either.

I disagree about tebow, I don't buy the headlines stuff. They know when you win you get headlines. he was brought in b/c he can help the offense being a better version of Brad Smith where sanchez thrived the year before w/ Brad in that role. You know I hate the WC but we have the best guy running it and rex loves it, the fact that Rex loves it being a defensive guy tells me he hates preparing for it and that's why they brought him not the Giants winning.

14. Murrell2878

I hope you're right about Tebow. I'm getting used to the idea of him being on the team, but do not like the baggage that comes with him.

15. nyjunc

I know it's different w/ him but whether he or Drew Stanton if sanchez struggled the fans were going to be calling for the backup. Also, this team played really well w/ media distractions in '09 & '10, they didn't really have any until the season was over and everything about the LR came out.

I'm always optimistic but I think the move will help us.

16. Murrell2878

He will definitely improve our short yardage game - and that I like.

17. nyjunc

The only concern was if they planned on him being a serious challenger to sanchez but that's clearly not happening. Rex always saus Mark is a good QB and Tebow is a good player, he'll be playing STs, they asked him to gain 10 lbs to bulk up to 250. That tells us all we need to know, I don't care that the media or opposing fans want a controversy there isn't one. Mark sanchez is a MUCH better QB than Tim tebow and barring injury he'll be our starter for a long time.

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Exactly I keep telling that too people. You do not tell your starting QB to bulk up to 250 lbs unless he is like 6'8. I do think we will use the wildcat a lot even more then when we had Brad Smith as long as it is working. Now we even have the pass threat out of the wildcat that will keep Defenses honest. Tebow does have a good deep pass it is the only part of his passing game that is good. Im also hoping he will line up at HB for Mark but I don't know about his pass protection or catching out of the backfield.

19. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Do you know how many off-season surgeries (elbow, shoulder, foot, knee) Brady has had in his career?

To say that Sanchez has taken a worse beating is ludicrous.

20. nyjunc

surgeries don't mean he has take more of a beating. Brady has never taken the pounding sanchez took last year, it doesn't matter if he avoided surgery or not. The type of pounding he took in SB XLII or against us n the '10 div rd ewas the average pounding sanchez took in games last year.