Sanchez or Flacco?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 16, 2012.

?

Who would you choose to Start for the Jets?

1. Mark Sanchez

55.8%
  2. Joe Flacco

36.8%
  3. Tim Tebow

7.4%
  1. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

just answer me this did anyone think Eli would be great after his first 3 years?

2. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

Amen my man!

3. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I'm not a Sanchez supporter at all, but he has had drives where he looks as good as anyone who ever played. Sadly, the next drive he looks like the worst who ever played. I know he has the potential, I don't think he will ever live up to it.

We really can not game plan for a guy like Mark, we never know who we'll get on Sunday. I'm not sure if we might be better off with Tebow, he's not great, but he is consistent and we can scheme to consistent.

4. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

I don't think Tebow looked consistent at anything last year but running.

5. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Get the fuck out of this thread. You don't follow the Jets, you aren't a fan of either team, nor are you even remotely close to knowing the team like we do. You don't belong here, clearly you are only here to troll and speak bad about the Jets. Go post on a goddamn Pats forum. WTF. Sanchez throw to Holmes and to Edwards surely had nothing to do with that playoff win against you guys. The stats speak for themselves. Sanchez is a better Post season QB than Flacco. This can't be denied.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Durrrrrr. Really? Ahyuck! I didn't know that you needed to win during the season to make the playoffs!!! Playoffs?

Sanchez made the playoffs 2-3 years here, and performing at a high level in the post season is one of those intangibles that you look for in a QB. I'd rather have a QB that struggles through the season, but wins in the post season, than a guy who dominates the entire season, yet chokes in the playoffs. We're comparing Sanchez to Joe Flacco here, not Peyton Manning.. WTF is wrong with people.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

LOL. Another Pats fan talking out of his ass. Why are you here?

The Jets needed to win TWO out of THREE of the last games to make playoffs. Do you just make things up for fun?

8. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

gonna have to back you up here, Flacco has never had any sucess in the playoffs till this year...every year they were out by the second round. Sanchez came in and led this team to 2 AFC championship games and not only that but we knocked the pats asses out of the playoffs...stop trolling, go have your bromance with brady on a pats page.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The implication here is that all Qb's who are roughly in the range of stats Eli had will have the same career he went on to have.

Laughable, of course.

In any event there were certainly aspects of Eli's situation that were both superior to Sanchez's and were a good indication of future success. These include he had much better fundamentals. This has been gone over so many times around here I have no patience for it.

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Flacco has been on the winning team for at least one playoff win four years in a row. Last year the Ravens went to the Champ game. Meanwhile Sanchez crapped the bed three straight games to end the season when the Jets were trying to make a run to get into the playoffs.

When you say "out by the second round" at the same time you ignore Sanchez's awful showing down the stretch last year and that Flacco went to the Champ game, you quite obviously have chosen a metric designed to make Sanchez compare far better than is reasonable. It is embarrassing to see a fellow Jet fan do so, quite frankly. It is homeristic to the extreme.

11. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

really? fundimentals? i have heard time and time again about how impressive marks foot work, throwing motion, and arm strength are all more than capable of being great...the big thing he hasnt gotten past is his reads...which takes time. If you want to turn your back on a qb who has taken us places this franchise hasnt seen in years back to back thats up to you...after this year if there is no improvment on the one thing i think he truely is lacking i will join you in thinking he doesnt have what it takes to be great but as for now its achievable. Maybe you should gain some patience because obviously thats what your lacking.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I honestly don't see why there is outrage over people saying flacco. Flacco played well last year compared to his standards. Granted he probably has a better team but at this point in their careers I would lean toward flacco. And if you look at most recent play flacco played better than sanchez last season. Of course again flacco had a better team but it's hard to say that some of the failure last year wasn't Sanchezs doing.

It isn't highly one side flacco or Sanchez I think because both are inconsistent. You really can't lean one way heavily because you never know what you will get.

Neither QB sucks but neither QB is currently the main strength on their team.

13. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If Sanchez were a Raven and Flacco a Jet, this argument would be happening in reverse right now.

14. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I think both are good, young QBs who you can win w/.

15. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

i agree with you here junc, all i was simply trying to say earlier is that people cant be giving up on Sanchez already thats just rediculous in my eyes...but hey everyone is intitled to their opinion.

16. nyjunc

I agree, way too many people have given up on Sanchez and it's silly but we live in a what have you done for me lately era so sanchez sucks. Guys aren't allowed to have down years or bad games. I'm still supremely confident in our QB, I look forward to him having a bounce back year.

17. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

hell yea, its crazy how fast people can label a guy as not so much a bust...but decent at best when he has accomplished what he has in the 3 years hes been our stater. If he cleans up the turn overs and repeats the same numbers as last year he's considered an upper tier qb.

18. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

Give Sanchez a Ray Rice and see what he can do.

19. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

that helps too...maybe McKnight can be our poor mans ray rice this year! :beer: (please dont take this to literally)

20. nyjunc

Sanchez has had good run games and a good pass catcher out of the backfield(the last 2 years for that) and Rice has struggled in postseason, in 5 of his 7 postseason games Rice has averaged 3.4 or LESS per carry.