Sanchez or Flacco?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 16, 2012.

?

Who would you choose to Start for the Jets?

1. Mark Sanchez

55.8%
  2. Joe Flacco

36.8%
  3. Tim Tebow

7.4%
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

You have to count Sanchez'z rushing ability to. He scored 6 rushing TD's in 2011 which is a lot. 32 TD - 18 INT is not that bad.

2. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Eh, he's really just an okay rusher. His yardage and certainly his ypa is nothing special. Just to put it in perspective, he only finished with 15 more rush yards than Flacco. Half of those tds were from a yard out, another from 2, another from 3, and the big gainer from 5. Had more to do with play calling and a complete lack of faith in the goal line run game than anything

#142 BrucekilledBoomer, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

if you count rush Tds in that total you have to count fumbles too and the TD to TO ratio isn't quite as good.

4. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Exactly, Sanchez had the 2nd most turnovers of any QB in the league last year.

5. nyjunc

he definitely needs to clean that up, that will be the difference btw a mediocre season like '11 and a good one like '10.

6. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

You said "January". Well, the last time I looked, January 1 is part of the month of January, and because Sanchez stunk it up on New Year's Day 2012, the Jets had no chance at the post-season. So much for Mr Clutch.

7. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

That's a HUGE plus for Flacco. He takes care of the ball better than Sanchez, who is a turnover machine.

8. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Totally agree, eliminate the TO's and get the completion percentage north of 60%.

9. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

He also stunk it up the prior two weeks against the Eagles and Giants as well.

One win in the final 3 games and the Jets are in the playoffs.

10. nyjunc

January means playoffs to me.

Had we beat Miami we still wouldn't have made the playoffs and while he did pull a Fitzpatrick he had plenty of help from his teammates on both sides of the ball.

That's not tue at all, we needed 2 wins in the final 3 as it turned out and mark did play poorly but our D was gashed at Philly and Holmes had the critical fumble then was the cause for an INt when he dropped a ball.

vs. NYG the Jets were in complete control until the D allowed a 99 yd pass play on 3rd and 10.

at Miami we had the lead and the D allowed a 21 play, 12 1/2 min drive

Sanchez was a major culprit in the awful stretch but he wasn't the only one.

11. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

The Giants' defense hardly won those 2 Super Bowl games on their own. Eli leading 4th quarter TD drives (3 of them overall, 2 of them game-winning) speaks against those victories being only because of the defense.

12. nyjunc

Eli led 2 great drives(though the first one there was a ton of good fortune) but the Giants D was great throughout both playoff runs. Our D failed in the the title games, your D stepped up. Eli did very little at SF and Tos set up GW Fgs in both of your NFC title game wins. I'm not trying to take credit away from Eli but your D was a huge reason why you won. Our D was a huge reason why we got as far as we did but they couldn't finish the job unlike your D.

13. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Sorry this is Flacco all the way.
    Flacco has never thrown more than 12 interceptions, Sanchez has never thrown less than 13.
    Flacco has never completed less than 57.6% of his passes (and only under 60% 1 time), Sanchez has never completed more than 56.7% of his passes.
    Flacco has never averaged less than 6.7 yards per attempt (been over 7 twice), Sanchez has never averaged more than 6.7 yards per attempt.
    Flacco has never thrown fewer than 14 TDS and he's been over 20 in 3 of 4 seasons, Sanchez makes this one category close, he's never thrown less than 12 TDS and been over 20 once, still Flacco.
    Flacco has thrown for under 3600 yards once, Sanchez has never thrown over 3500 yards. (roughly an equal number of throws on average per season so far, slight edge to Flacco in total attempts).
    But Sanchez does win 1 category! He gets .6 yards more per rushing attempt than Flacco!

14. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

please tell me you're not posting this to compare sanchez to those two...please tell me that or you are even sillier than i think u are

#154 GRNYT, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  15. lastcall

lastcall New Member

Flacco

I believed in Sanchez at first, but honestly I think we could have made it or maybe even won a superbowl if it was Flacco starting. Sanchez has sprouts of greatness, but he is unbelievably inconsistent.

:pats_suck:

16. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

I chose Sanchez because i think over all he has the most potentail to be great, i could see him having a better career than both tebow and flacco although i think flacco is more consistant than sanchez right now.

17. nyjunc

Read the post before that one.

we probably wouldn't have made a title game w/ Flacco let alone a SB.

18. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

choked on my coffee when i read that one, LOL. one thing i'm certain of, sanchez will never be great! only a major homer would think of such. if sanchez has shown anything, it's that he'll make a good game manager, but "great" will never be used in any dicussion about sanchez.

unless used to descripe the great disappointment he turned out to be!

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

A great disappointment. Sad, but true, and funny in a gallows humor sense.

I don't know what one would base a claim of him having the potential to be great. I don't even know if he has the potential to crack the top 15 Qb's.

That's not my definition of great. I think there are only four or five Qb's in the league who are great or nearly so right now. Brady, Peyton, Brees, and arguably Rodgers and Eli. Sanchez will never be as good as them.

20. nyjunc

I'm not a fantasy football guy, I want my QB to help his team win and w/ 2 title games in 3 years he's done that. You can credit the D, run game and whoever else you want but you still need quality QB play to win in January.

It's amazing how most fans are, you guys deserve Rich Kotite and Bubby Brister as your HC/QB combo.