Mike Greenberg of ESPN Radio

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

I think those predictions are more than generous. I don't see all of the potnetial as "improvement." The only quarterback on our roster that I'm certain can play a whole game is Brooks Bollinger. The RB situation is worse. The offensive line is unproven. The defensive line is weaker; there's no pass rush; we've downgraded at db.

I think two more seasons of high draft picks before we can even utter the word "contender."

2. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Stop trolling, Champ. You're trying to piss people off, and all it will get you is banned. Cut it out. I mean it.

3. illmatic

illmatic New Member

its funny on sirus NFL afternoon blitz today they did thier jets visit. Salmon Wilcots and Adam Schein. They both said they see the Jets @ around 5-6 wins this year...no biggie - here's where it got funny Dan Leberfeld (a jets beat report i think for the record?) came on and was giving some up close day to day thoughts...his words were that the Jets were a dark horse for a playoff spot..his run down was something to the effect of "as a reporter and not a fan" if the Jets are around .500 with 5-6 games to go they have a shot...he said it'll hinge on Penny - but based on what he's seen so far the arm is better and the decision making is good...

Obviously he was ridiculed and so on and I personally thought a 7 win season was a success all things considered but it'd be nice if we had a shot late in the season..

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I would rather have lunch with a drunken street bum.

5. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

The Pats and Fins will kick the crap out of each other this year. There is a window of opportunity for our Jets.

We were 2 missed FG's from the championship game 2 seasons ago. Last season was an unbridaled disaster of injuries, though most of us went into it with high hopes.

With a better OL, and the debacle of a CS we had out of the way, to think anything less than 8-8 is retarded. Sorry, but I mean that. What the F is the point of posting here, and watching the games, if you don't think the team has at least the slightest chance of doing something special. Seriously, I could slam a hammer into my head over and over and over, but I don't. I turned the TV off for a couple years when Cotite came to town. If I didn't think this team was capable of suprising, I wouldn't be here right now. F all this negative bulls**t. There are some ballers on this team and we might just have a nice surprise coming for us soon.

Keep the faith, and J E T S Jets motherf'ing JETS.

6. akibud

akibud Active Member

you wrote Salmon Wilcots.. thats funny!
    !:lol:

I am secretly hoping to be in contention late in the season sa well, it will keep me interested. Unlike some people on the board, I DON"T watch the games to evaluate the players, I only play GM on Madden. So if they are tanking in Nov and Dec, I have lost interest.

7. Sean_in_titletown

You're delusional. The Jets will be lucky to win 5 games. No RB, no QB, no DL, their only pro bowl caliber player is Jonathan Vilma. Be patient. If Mangini can stick to his guns, the team will be in terrific shape in a few years. He started off the right way in my opinion. He started with the lines. Now it will be a matter of moving to the DL and then outward. It's honestly a 3 or 4 process given what terrible shape Herm and Bradway left the team in and the unfortunate injury situation of Pennington. But it is what it is right now...... I very thin roster

#67 Sean_in_titletown, Aug 18, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2006
  8. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Honestly, we'd be hard-pressed to not start the seaosn off 1-4. To end up 6-10 is going to be a stretch. Although, I'd be happy with 6-10 this year, and some young, good players to go into next year with.

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I think you're the one being delusional here. The Jets are deep at all 3 of the positions you mentioned, and Vilma isn't the only pro-bowl calibre player either. Pennington (if fully recovered), Ellis, and Barton all belong on that list, and others may pop up on a team deep with talent, but short on experience. We'll see when the seasons over who's right.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So I see from your post you dislike my reasons for watching NYJ games. Presuming this is correct then I will make you even more upset. I normally TAPE the games. The ones they lose I immediately rewind & DONOT watch as there is nothing good in a loss & I can find out what happen just by reading accounts of the game in the NYC papers the next day or even reviwing posts on the TGG. Now for the wins by taping the game I can zapped thru the commericals so instead of having to spend 3 hours a game I only have to spend 2 hours a game watching the NYJs. Now as a EXAMPLE if the NYJs go 4-12 this year I will have 40 more hours of qaulity time to do things as research stocks, play with my grandchildren, enjoy other interests I have other then the NYJs. Maybe if some of the younger members of the board adopted my regime they may make themselves better/smarter people then they are now. All yes when I watch the games I mute it to insure that I am not listening to what the announcers say but am making my own judgement on the game & the players

11. GreenMachine

So what you are saying is that you rely on other peoples accounts as to what happened. You form opinions based on other peoples observations.:up:

Talk about being misinformed.

12. championjets69

READ my words very, very carefully. THERE IS NOTHING REPEAT NOTHING GOOD IN A LOSS. IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND?

13. GreenMachine

Nope. But how would you know. You only watched the jets 4 times last year.

You, GOM, are the true definition of bandwagon fan.

14. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't think they are more than generous, the mere fact that the Jets are healthy this season is an instant improvement over last year. Just because we had so much disaster happen last year does not mean it is bound to repeat itself. I think the FO has done a great job of protecting themselves in case Chad does go down again, or there is some other form of disaster on the roster. The Jets have flexibility now, something lacking in the last five years. Further, our new coaches should be a world changing improvement over our last, because from all indications they will be flexible in their game plan, and play to their teams strengths, and their opponents weaknesses, as opposed to running a script like we've been watching for the past few years.

Rather than having a back and forth between Bollinger/Testaverde, we now have options with Pennington/Ramsey/Clemens/Bollinger... upgrade. Instead of running Curtis into the ground like Herm did last year, and replacing him with a rookie Cedric Houston, we now have a running back committee of Barlow/Houston/Blaylock/Washington/Askew...upgrade. Offensive line, would you rather have Adrian Jones (LT), Goodwin (LG), Kendall (C), Moore (RG), and a one-legged Fabini (RT)... or Ferguson, Kendall, Mangold, Moore, Clement/Jones... I'd say a definite upgrade... If the Jets offensive line can hold a block, which so far they've shown they can, then no matter who we field at receiver, they're ALL automatically upgraded, because they will actually have a chance to run a route and the quarterback will have a chance to get the pass off... no matter how bleak our offense may look now, they are better.

The Jets won't do worse than 6/10, and I think it's very realistic that they can go 8/8 or 9/7... just my opinion.

15. championjets69

Really how old are you that U cannot grasp what I am posting?

16. GreenMachine

Oh, I get it. You only watch the Jets when they win. Meaning you are a bandwagon fan. In addition, you rely on second hand accounts to form an opinion of the Jets.

You say nothing positive can occur in a loss, but we all know that is pure rubbish. An individual player or unit can excel, and still come away with a loss.

I watch EVERY Jets game because I am a Jets fan. I do not pick and choose when to watch based on their performance.But than again, I am not a bitter old man.

17. championjets69

Who CARES? They LOST that is the end of the STORY who cares how any player played in a LOSS they LOST why can U not grasped that? Why get depress seeing how they lost either by blowout or by the D not be able to hold them. I can read all that in the papers. The WINS are the ones that matter since you can see what we did well to win that game. Again, instead of mocking me maybe you should adopt my regime & you may benefit from it if you use the time wisely. Again how old are U as it appears you have heaps of maturing to do

18. GreenMachine

I have seen your picture. I know what your "regime" can do to a man.:beer:

19. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

If he has a regime out there, should I start being scared yet? :lol:

20. championjets69

I think that this post is a huge fabrication of truth. Again how old are U?