Sanchez or Flacco?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 16, 2012.

?

Who would you choose to Start for the Jets?

1. Mark Sanchez

55.8%
  2. Joe Flacco

36.8%
  3. Tim Tebow

7.4%
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You are such a troll it is crazy. That was such a terrible response. He obviously meant the D let the Jets down in the championship games, where the Giants D carries them not only to the SB, but wins it for them. The Jets D was great vs. the Bengals, Chargers, Colts and Patriots in the last 2 runs, but fell short in the title games vs. the Colts and Steelers. In fact, the offense played pretty well in both those games.

2. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

The offense scored 17 points in each game. Not exactly world beater point totals.

3. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

:rofl: Take off your homer goggles and you'll see that Sanchez holds the ball too long, misses open receivers, throws behind receivers, goes to his check-down too often, and seldom throws downfield. He wasn't a better QB at the end of 2011 than he was in the middle of 2010.

How did Sanchez "improve" exactly? Well, he did have some minor statistical improvements. That's a super big plussy. Never mind that his pocket presence was MIA in most games, especially against good teams. It wouldn't be accurate to say that he misplaced his leadership skills, either, because he has never really displayed any.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Well if you're going to count in his 6 rushing TDs, then you have to count his 8 fumbles, too. He still had a crappy 32/26 TD/TO ratio.

Excuse me, but if you want to go there, then Flacco was considerably better than Sanchez in every one of his first three years, and not just by a little bit. Significantly better as a rookie. Significantly better as a sophomore. Significantly better as a third year QB.

Flacco was a dropped pass away from getting his team into the Super Bowl. Sanchez had 3 chances to win 1 game to get the Jets into the playoffs against 3 sucky teams, and he crapped the bed. Case closed.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Sanchez Fans are near unanimous that he will improve this year, substantially.

Yet you claim Flacco regressed in year four.

The irony.

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The Giants O scored 17 in regulation vs. SF and 20 in regulation against GB.

6. Big Blocker

ALSO had to deal with... AYFKM???

Flacco lost his top TE in Todd Heap, his top wideout in Mason his first three years with the Ravens (that Mason sucked with the Jets is beside the point) and his #3 and #4 receivers in Houshmansadah and Stallworth. The Ravens fired Jim Zorn, his Qb coach, who Flacco wanted to keep. Two of his new receivers, SMith and Doss, were rookies. Heep's place was replaced by second year players.

Sanchez has never had to deal with HALF the turnover in personnel that Flacco did last year.

Flacco's team has gone to the playoffs four straight times in his first four years. They also have won at least one game in each playoff.

Last year, despite the new receivers, Flacco still did not fall below 80 in Qb rating, and actually finished the two playoff games at 97+ and 95+. He did BETTER as the year went on, unlike Sanchez who sucked.

After only four years Flacco holds many franchise records including passing yards, TD's and Qb rating.

This is the kind of thread that separates the homers from the realists, imvho.

7. nyjunc

Todd Heap hasn't been a top pass catching TE since 2006- they had drafted Ed Dickson in 2010 w/ an eye on taking over for heap
    Derrick Mason had 61 catches for 800 yds in 2010- they drafted Torrey smith who had 50 catches for 800 yds and the same # of Tds as a ROOKIE

neither one of those losses were a big deal.

sanchez didn't know if he'd have Braylon back, he thought he'd have Cotch back. he got Mason and Burress after camp started.

The situations aren't anything alike.

Wow! Flacco holds franchise records for a franchise that is 15 years old? how impressive especially considering he's started more than any QB in franchise history w/ 64 starts- #2? The great Kyle Boller w/ 47 starts. Thank you for sharing such invaluable info.

8. Big Blocker

Last off season, the Sanchez Fans around here liked to talk about how much better he was in the high pressure games. Down the stretch in the playoffs.

This past year Sanchez sucked down the stretch. He had Mangold healthy, Kerley set in the slot, Moore improving from some early season jitters. And he responded to the need to win one or two of the last three by becoming a turnover machine.

Flacco meanwhile got up to speed with his new receivers during the regular season, and then ratcheted it up with high Qb ratings in his two performances, and the Ravens nearly beat NE at their house.

Going forward the Ravens remain one of the top teams in the league. I have little doubt they will make the playoffs again.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

The stats from year to year where already posted. It shows clear improvement in almost all categories. +12 total touchdowns from last year, QBR, comp%, yards all improved. He still had less than 1 to 1 TD to pick ratio. Yes he had a lot of fumbles and other issues. He still improved. Touchdowns are the single most important stat for QB. Most of his stats went down the shitter after that Broncos game when he tweaked his neck. I'm not saying that he had an amazing year or he was miles better, but he was slightly better. With better pieces in play this year, I think he'll have a much better season.

10. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

If this season goes down the tubes, the thing I'm looking forward to least is another round of threads from Sanchez apologists comparing his growing pains to Eli Manning or Joe Flacco's development.

This season is make or break for him as a franchise QB. Any more threads about QB rating in post-season games will be moot and I'll send Andre the Giant round to butt rape the respective posters.

11. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

If at any point Tebow is our STARTING QB we are in trouble lol.

12. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

these two points just about sum up my opinion

sanchez and flacco are both extremely inconsistent, but flaccos highs have been better than sanchez's highs

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

You act like Sanchez and Flacco are that much different. All I said was that they are comparable QBs and I think Sanchez has a higher ceiling. You act like I said he's Peyton Manning next year. Geez I'm a total homer thinking he might be better than the amazing Joe Flacco. How was Flacco's oline last year? Oh, not too bad, ranked around #12, while the Jets were #20. How about rushing? Ravens #10, Jets #22. QB sacks? Sanchez 5th, Flacco 15th. Torrey Smith? Who's that guy? He isn't a deep threat. Kerley wasn't a rookie last year. Plax could get open :lol:

Heap and Mason were both at the end of their careers. They were no longer the difference makers they once were. I guess the fact that Sanchez lost Edwards & Cotchery, 2 of his most reliable receivers means nothing. The oline changing and getting worse each year with the team means nothing. Running game getting worse each year with the team means nothing. Flacco didn't have to deal with half the crap Sanchez had to deal with last year and we certainly don't have a Ray Rice.

Flacco regressed in year 4, a sign of things to come? We'll see, but this fact can't be denied. Sanchez does currently hold some Jets records, Post season QB rating & wins / winning pct. But I guess that's invalid as well. I'm just a homer, not posting facts :lol:

#93 Barcs, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  14. Big Blocker

Well, Edwards was at the end of his career with the Jets in 2010, too. What of it? The point should have been obvious, as you feel IS a fair point to make regarding Sanchez.

Mason was Flacco's leading receiver in his first three years with the Ravens. The point was not how good or bad Mason was the next year. It was WHO REPLACED HIM. AND (a point I hear all the time from Sanchez defenders) that the transition itself is problematic.

Cotchery was not a major receiver in 2010. He was hurt, no longer a starter, and not the factor he was before.

For Sanchez to have experienced something equivalent to what Flacco did last year, he would have had to have lost Keller, Edwards, Holmes, and LT while having all of them replaced by rookies or second year players. Sanchez only lost Edwards.

And I don't know what stat you are using to compare O lines. As I said earlier and i provided the link the Ravens gave up 78 Qb hits and the Jets only 70. HARDLY evidence that their OL was better.

Quoting SACKS as a stat when it comes to Sanchez is always a misleading stat. Anyone who watches the Jets even casually can see SANCHEZ HOLDS ONTO THE F'ING BALL TOO F'ING LONG!.

15. nyjunc

for you to post something as silly as this tells us you need top move along from this discussion.

16. k0kes

k0kes New Member

Jordy Nelson IS a way better receiver than Santana Moss...

17. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Sanchez has similar numbers to Eli Manning in the first 3 years

18. patdaman819

patdaman819 Member

I got to go with Sanchez because i trully think we are gonna see a lot of great thing starting this years from him, sure flacco is dam good but i dont see him winning the SB with lewis and reed gonne next year.

19. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

You are following into the Sanchez fans arguments here. You say two of Flacco's new receivers are rookies and then point out Sanchez had Kerley who was also a rookie.

You also credit the playoff appearances and success soley on Flacco, something I disagree with. That defense and Ray Rice led to a lot of wins which led to playoff appearances. Its hard to say Joe Flacco hasn't missed the playoffs the last 4 years when you mean the Ravens haven't missed.

Don't forget Ed Reed, Suggs, Lewis, Ngata. Their defense is better. And Ray Rice > any RB we had over the last 3 years.

I get your arguments, but you are falling into the trap that Sanchez fans use that you usually avoid and smarter than.

And Flacco did better as the year went on once, this year. Unless you call going 4/12 in a playoff appearance getting better where they forced 3 turnovers in the ifrst half and broke off a 80 yard run to start the game.

Again my choice is Flacco slightly, but the arguments you make are the biased ones that Sanchez fans use to support him. These arguments you usually avoid so it was surprising to see you use them

20. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I'd stick with Sanchez, personally. I think the next two years are going to be really big years for him.