Sanchez or Flacco?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 16, 2012.

?

Who would you choose to Start for the Jets?

1. Mark Sanchez

55.8%
  2. Joe Flacco

36.8%
  3. Tim Tebow

7.4%
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Flacco stats in playoff wins

Dolphins
    9/23 135 yards 0 TD 0 INT

Titans
    11/22 161 yards 1 TD 0 INT

Patriots
    4/10 34 yards 0 TD 1 INT

Chiefs
    J. Flacco 25/34 265 yards2 TD 0 INT

Texans
    J. Flacco 14/27 176 yards 2 TD 0 INT

The only impressive game was against the Chiefs. The Texans game the stats look ok, but if you watched that game, he wasnt good at all.

Of course in his playoff losses, he was really bad...

Steelers 2009
    J. Flacco 13/30 141 0 TD 3 INT

Colts
    Flacco 20/35 189 5.4 0 TD 2 INT

Steelers 2011
    J. Flacco 16/30 125 1TD 1 INT

I think Flacco is not a playoff QB, and that the Ravens BLEW it when they finally got a great game out of Joe against the Patriots. Im sticking with my QB Mark Sanchez.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Its also funny to me how the media went from saying Joe is one of the worst QBs in the NFL after the Texans, and then after the Patriots game, people are saying hes top 10.

Flacco like Sanchez, has had games where he cant even get a yard. I think against the Jaguars they didnt even get a first down until the 4th quarter or some ridicolous thing. Flacco and Sanchez also seem good at the deep ball, Sanchez has been under a lot more pressure to. Flaccos overall team has been better over the years than Sanchez.

3. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

I think some of you overrate the Baltimore line. Mckinnie graded as a below average left tackle last season, Oher is one of the most penalized tackles in the game since entering the league, and did you see Wilfork have his way with Birk in the title game? This was not a major strength of the team. LT really hasn't been a strength since Ogden. It's not like this debate has a clear trump card, like Eli's two rings to Romo's none. Being that regular season gives you the largest sample size, that's the one that gives the edge to Flacco to me. Better record and better numbers. Yes he has Rice, but even without Rice playing a major role his rookie year, Flacco still out produced Sanchez in his respective rookie campaign.. I know Sanchez only had 16 starts at USC, but its not like running a shotgun spread offense at Delaware is ideal prep for the next level either.

#23 BrucekilledBoomer, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I think Flacco by a hair.

5. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Won't argue. I love flacco but my pick is based on my Raven bias :)

Both are pretty much dead even. One has slightly better mobility, one has a better arm, both have shown ups and downs and play on teams with GREAT defenses. Tomato Tumahto at this point I guess.

Either of them are better than Tebow (Right Now)... but I think Tebow has more upside than either. If he can just get consistent in the pocket, Tim can be scary good... but whether that can happen or not has yet to be seen. I'm obviously rooting for him. God help me if he does ever start for the Jets and he plays against the Ravens... my head might explode.

6. TTTTebowAndTheJets

That Jaguar game was BRUTAL... He looked like the worst qb in football. I was about to throw a brick at my TV. Forgive and Forget. He bounced back and never let it get to him. QB's gotta have some leash. I hope Rex has a loose leash with Sanchez... gotta give him some time. If after a LONG stretch of sub par performance... then give a thought to starting Tim... but I just don't see that happening, and don't really want Tim to be thrown into the fire again until he's actually had some time to sit and develop. Last year only hurt his development process.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It really blows my mind watching NFL Network or ESPN and they have a segment saying how good Flacco is and how the Ravens are looking to finally get to the Super Bowl again, then the next segment is a Sanchez vs. Tebow Who should start? battle segment. Its ridiculous.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Flacco is better at this point but Sanchez has not reached his ceiling yet.

9. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

As of right now, if I had to win one game, I'd pick Flacco. He's much more consistent than the mercurial Sanchez.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I disagree with that. I just think when Flacco is on he is better than Sanchez on. But when Flacco is off he is worse than when Sanchez is off. So his good is better than Sanchez's good but his bad worse than Sanchez's bad

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Why the hell is Tebow even in this poll? Anybody who know football would never take Tebow.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Flacco is the better reg season QB, sanchez the better postseason QB.

13. nyjunc

Postseason:

Flacco(9 games): 134-247, 1532 yds, 54.3%, 8 TDs, 8 INTs, 70.4 rating, 5-4 record(56%), led O to 18.9 PPG

Sanchez(6 games): 95-157, 1155 yds, 60.5%, 9 TDs, 3 INTs, 94.3 rating, 4-2 record(67%), led O to 20 PPG

In '09 & '10 they played Indy & pitt a week apart in the same building.

2009 both played Indy- sanchez led O to 17 pts, Flacco 3
    2010 both played Pitt- both led O's to 17 pts

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I said Flacco but he isn't ahead of Sanchez by much.

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I like them both. I think they both could have really good careers. I think if Mark continues to develop he could be the better QB when their careers are over.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I would take Flacco any day of the week.

He has a stronger arm, better pocket presence, better judgment. He's taller.

Flacco is also dependable, never missed a start in four seasons.

He's never rated out at less than 80 for the year. Last year looked like a drop off from the year before, but he only had four of his top ten receivers back - and Sanchez Fans complain about his lack of continuity at receiver.

It is nonsense to argue that Flacco gets better pass protection from the OL. The Raven OL actually gave up 78 Qb hits in the regular season last year compared to 70 for the much maligned here Jet OL.

Here's the link:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst..._LINE&conference=ALL&d-447263-s=PASSING_QBHIT

And I don't think Flacco throws interceptions to defensive linemen.

Add it all up, Flacco is much better than Sanchez. Not even close.

17. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

To be fair to Flacco, his receivers did him no favors in the Pitt game in 2010. Boldin dropped the go ahead score in the endzone with a bout 4 minutes left, and then Whosyourmama somehow drops a perfect strike from Flacco on 4th and 18 on Baltimore's final possession. Plus there was the Rice fumble that let Pitt back in it when they were down 2 touchdowns. Of course last season, another veteran pickup (Evans) let him down in the AFC championship once again. I think most of the poor numbers were accumulated in '08 and '09, but it's not as though he had a lot of weapons in the passing game either. It was really just Mason in 2008.

18. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

The two most important attributes you want in a starting QB is accuracy and ball protection.

Flacco has a career completion percentage of 61% and a TD/INT ratio of almost 2/1 (80 TD's and 46 INT's.) Flacco's worst accuracy year (57.6%) is better than Sanchez's best (56.7%) year.

Sanchez TD/INT's is only 1/1 (55 TD's and 51 INT's) and last year he had the 2nd most turnovers of any starting QB and he also had the NFL-worst 3rd down completion percentage of only 34.4%.

I think if you ask any non-Jet fan which QB they would want, 99% of them would take Flacco at this point in their careers.

19. nyjunc

Completion % and accuracy are 2 different things.

Sanchez's reputation is of a bottom tier QB right now but that isn't fair. he and Flacco had very similar #s until the final 3 weeks of 2011 where sanchez and the Jets really struggled.

Flacco is the better reg seaso QB, Sanchez has been the better postseason QB. Put Flacco on the Jets and the Jets are an 11-12-13 win team every year but mayb win one playoff game, put sanchez on baltimore in '09 or '10 and they reach the SB.

20. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

With all due resect junc, that is pure hypothetical conjecture on your part based on no facts whatsoever.

That would be the same as a Pats fan saying put Revis on the Pats and they would have 3 or 4 more Super Bowl championships.