Sanchez or Flacco?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Jul 16, 2012.

?

Who would you choose to Start for the Jets?

1. Mark Sanchez

55.8%
  2. Joe Flacco

36.8%
  3. Tim Tebow

7.4%
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

For some reason, the NFL and the media think Flacco is a top QB, while Sanchez is the bottom half of NFL QB's. I have never thought this, as I have always felt the QB's are pretty close, but Sanchez is overall better.

[​IMG]

If you had to choose your starting QB for the 2012 season and only had 2 options, okay 3 options, I'll throw Tebow in, who would you choose?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Flaccos greatest strength is hes got an absolute monster arm.

Sanchez has some impressive footwork.

This league just values an arm far more than the feet.

I think Flacco definitely has been a better qb in the regular season than Sanchez, But to be fair Flacco has had one of the best hbs in the game (who has also been his #1 receiving target), plus a far better offensive line.

Sanchezs Oline was nasty as a rookie, but has steadily gone off a cliff since then.

I think if they switched teams Sanchez would have far better #s, and Flacco far worse.

3. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I go with Tebow just for the hell of it. I know doing that will have Epic Fail written all over it. You know. Just for the hell of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If Flacco and Sanchez swapped their places, the team performance overall wouldn't have been too much different. If Tebow was in place however... (And NO. Neither team will get to the playoff with Tebow at the Helm - not from AFC East or AFC North.)

4. The Dark Knight

Flacco has been in the league 4 years with 2 AFC Championship appearances, Sanchez 3 years with 2 appearances. Flacco has been terrible in the playoffs, until 2011 where as Sanchez steps up in the playoffs.

5. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Ceteris parabis, at this point, I'd take Sanchez, presuming that the team was running a "normal" offense.

If the team was adventurous enough to run a Spread Option?? That would be a different story :)

6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i chose flacco.i feel he really turned a corner this year
    although i agree with the above post that if they switched teams snchez would have better #'s.but give me the canon arm over sanchez's feet

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This one isn't hard. Put Sanchez on the Ravens right now and he's in the same place Flacco is only with a real chance to win it at the end. Put Flacco on the Jets and the new plan is happening in 2013.

The new plan may happen with the Jets in 2013 with Sanchez also but most of that won't be his fault.

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I think Flacco is better but its close.

9. Sloup

Sloup Active Member

Flacco has been to the playoffs every year he has been in the league. I don't know how much that means.

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Flacco if it means Ray Rice, Ed Reed, and Ray Lewis tag along.

Really, this is a great questions. I truely don't know how to answer. If Flacco didn't have the playoffs he had, I would say Sanchez. But Flacco stepped up and was the reason the Ravens were even in that Patriots game. I really don't know

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

flacco is the most overrated qb in the nfl. much rather have sanchez or tebow.

12. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

sanchez would not have "far" better numbers than anyone

13. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Sanchez bcuz his numbers are steadily increasing in the rt direction barring the to's.
    I think to's will come down and the yards, passing %, rating will increase based on his graph.

Sanchez also has shown the ability, play his best in pressurized situations, and you can't teach that.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm guessing most will say Sanchez since it's a jets site but I just wanted to say that I think flacco is severely overrated by a lot of people
    regardless of sanchez

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Must . . . . resist . . . . pressing Tebow option . . . .

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

You dont think Sanchez would of done better with a top 5 Oline, top 3 hb, and imo the #1 receiving HB in the league ?

Ray Rice had 76 catches last year, that averages out to almost 5 receptions a game. And 700 yards which is about 45 receiving yards a game.

If you dont think that is completely game changing for a qb, then you are completely mistaken.

17. NJGREEN

NJGREEN New Member

Flacco easily. He has a better arm and can make any throw anywhere on the field. He seems to have better pocket presence as well.

18. The Dark Knight

There is no doubt Flacco is in a better situation at the moment. Good O-line, Ray Rice at RB, talented WR's and Tight Ends and a better defense. If Flacco was the Jets' QB I have no doubt he would do worse than Sanchez has done though. And Sanchez in Baltimore would have played better than he has as a Jet just due to his surroundings. I am not even sure Sparano is the right fit to make Sanchez better, so he could be in a tough spot.

19. TTTTebowAndTheJets

As much as I love Tebow... I'm a Raven all the way, I'm Wacco for Flacco!

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Imma call him Holy Balls, Tim Holy Balls.

Flacco's picked up his game but I'm still going with Sanchez (slight edge) as starter

#20 joe, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012