17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well not that far back but at least to late summer 05 :sad:

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Exactly. I don't care what anyone says, THERE WERE NO PLANS OR EXCEPTIONS MADE IN THE DESIGN FOR A RETRACTIBLE ROOF!

I can tell you right now that a span as large as it would take to cover end zone to end zone and sideline to sideline in this fucking monstrosity is not doable with today's technology (as an afterthought).

Yes, perhaps, as a built-in design, but there is no way in hell that you can cover this thing now without MAJOR ALTERATIONS. No way, no how.

3. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Maybe Woody can put a giant condom over the top!

4. Gator

Gator Active Member

Wilma has been suspended for the 3999 BC season

5. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Funny. This thread was started in 2009.

6. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

You are the one who quoted JetKingdom as your source for the roof on the stadium. You did it in August 2010. You seemed to know what it was then. I guess it's been a while and you've now forgotten. That link I provided in your quote was from you.

7. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I dont resent or hate the fact I dont have season tickets anymore after 20+ years. I hate the fact that those that sit in the UD lie about the view and are oblivious to how high up the seats really are.

The best one yet is "I like to watch the plays develop".

8. ralphbaker

ralphbaker New Member

But clearly you resent the fact that you dont have tickets.Every post you make is negative. Let those who have the tickets enjoy them, no matter if the seats (in your opinion) are high or not.

Who cares ?

9. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

The parking,ticket prices, concessions and the stadium itself are great topics of conversation here. Many have varied opinions, its what keeps the thread going. Some enjoy in person some at home. Whats also great is you have the option to ignore what I post.

10. ralphbaker

ralphbaker New Member

I could ignore you, but that's kind of child like, plus I like seeing how you make yourself look like a tool. Upper deckers saying they like to watch the plays develop is the same as you saying you don't resent having tickets

11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

not oblivious,just not as affect in my low row than say the person in row 15 and above.i would feel the same way if i was in the higher rows.but hey to each his own.

and why let other peoples point of view bother u so much???

12. dr.terryeddy

dr.terryeddy New Member

UD is far, whatever, no big deal... I just think it's gotta be freezing up there in December...........

13. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

What tool would that be? Man of all of 6 posts. Lets hear all you're wisdom and knowledge of the old stadium and new. Im willing to bet you bought $50 bargain tickets in the UD.

If I wanted to I could still have season tickets it was a matter of principal for me. 20+ years and then bumped back a few rows. After 1 season I found out the new guys bailed and the NYJETS failed to notify me that I could have had my seats back but sold them to someone else. Thats showing loyalty and thats why im pissed that and the UD view flat out SUCKS!

14. championjets69

Well I went back to post 15181 & could find zero link U say U posted. I would certainly appreciate refreshing my memory however so kindly repost the link. Tks :sad:

15. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

YOU posted as YOUR proof to the stadium being built to accommodate a roof in the future, a link to JetKingdom. YOU did this is post #9790 on August 27, 2010. I only quoted your post of that link. It's on page 490 just to help you even more.

I would suggest you start reading the posts starting on page 487. That is where the subject comes up. Finally on page 490, in response to 17a saying to post a link to prove it, you post a link to JetsKingdom. Now you claim you don't even know what JetKingdom is, however that is what you offered as proof to your arguement...a link to a podcast. Great source.

Funny how you went back to post 15181. I quoted your post of the link in post 15180. Coincidence...?

16. ralphbaker

ralphbaker New Member

Because I post only 6 times, I don'tJust know about the old/new stadium? You would lose your bet. Season ticket holder since '90, and season ticket holder in new stadium.

I think you still miss going

17. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I do miss going tool. But I dont miss dealing with the NYJETS ticket office who flat out screwed me and everyone else they bumped back a few rows. It would have been mightY Honorable if they would have called me back to offer my old seats once the people from the LL bailed. Wouldnt you think that would have been the thing to do? Afterall they offered me free parking and no pre-season when I told them I wasnt renewing, hell they even contacted me about the $50 bargain tickets. So you see when I say its about principal?

They probably had a new buyer for my old seats and figured they had me lured in anyway in my new seats rows deeper. Guess what they were dead wrong.

Only way I return as a STH is in the PSL zone where you can actually see the game and the players. I dont like watching any farm football from the UD.

18. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

you should have let me negotiate for you. right now u would be in a low row right in the pepsi sideline $105 seats with the rest of us

19. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

I would have thought I wouldnt have had to negotiate with anyone. I just wanted them to do the right thing and they failed. Im bitter and angry at the way it was ALL handled. It doesnt change my passion for the NYJETS.

As folks are tired of hearing my complaining, im tired of hearing how good the UD view is cause it SUCKS.

20. championjets69

This is post # 9796

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 17a_tailgater View Post
    this is what your going on??? an article written when the agreement was made to build the stadium.

lots of "proposals" have been altered or shot down since then. and i have not heard 1 word about this ever.

this does not hold up in a court of messageboarding.case dismissed

Sounds dumb but I just emailed my Rep/Sales Manager about this issue.

His response-

"Correct, it was built so a roof could be added if ever needed/wanted. Reason it wasn’t originally was the $400 million additional it would have cost."
    MadBacker Prime is offline Report Post Quick reply to this message