Tebow will make the Jets 12-4 or better THIS season

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by jb1095, Jun 18, 2012.

1. sg3

sg3 Banned

As an NFL passing QB Timmy SUCKS

A fact that ALL the praying of his adoring Te boneheads can never change

PERIOD

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

2. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tebow is popular because he has an exciting style of play, won a Heisman, won two college national championships (1 as a starter, albiet), and energized the Broncos last year winning a playoff game in dramatic fashion. He is also one of the highest rated PASSERS in the history of college football. Say what you want about his completion percentage, but denying his football accomplishments is ignorant.

3. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

No worries man. I would just point out that I did not insult anyone in that post, call anyone a name, or anything of the sort. It was not an inflammatory comment, in my opinion.

I also respectfully disagree with you about why Tebow was brought in. You don't just bring in Tim Tebow to run packages for the long term. They are definitely eyeing him as the starter if Sanchez doesn't look good this year. Sanchez is *decent* and no disrespect to him, but I don't see him as a leader of men. Tebow is a guy you build a team around for championships... my opinion of course.

4. sg3

sg3 Banned

Tebow is popular because there are one toothed inbred trailer trash brainwashed and adoring him

5. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

It doesn't sound funny, it is funny. It's silly.

I don't think that Tebow will "cause" the Jets troubles this season, but he'll be a contributor certainly.

I don't agree. If Holmes is po'd, he'll find a reporter to listen to him. Unless Sanchez plays lights out all season and the Jets win games, the malcontents will continue to flap their traps.

To Tebots, it does.

Best be sure Greg McElroy is ready to go.

I dunno. Maybe it was because of the 4 INTs, including 2 pick sixes, that lead to the Donkeys' loss in Buffalo. Maybe it was Tebow's scintillating 6 for 22 for 0 TDs performance against KC in the season finale. Maybe it was the Pats smacking the Donkeys 40-24 in the regular season, and then kicking their asses all over the field in playoffs, 45-10.

Get a clue. Game film is kryptonite. When DCs get enough of it to figure out patterns, and if they have the right personnel, they can stop any Superman, be he Tom Brady or Tim Tebow.

By late last season, teams began figuring out how to stop Tebow, so his late game effectiveness largely disappeared. If Pitt had played zone coverage instead of man, they probably would have won their playoff game. Tebow's passing inaccuracy makes for numerous errant balls that DBs playing zone have better shots at than the receivers do.

6. SDI_Gator

SDI_Gator New Member

Long term is a wash in thd nfl now. Free agency killed that.

Again, I think Tebow will get his shot as a starter later on. Just not this year. Barring a monumental collapse or injury to Sanchez. Those are my feelings. You don't hand a guy an extension only to toss him out the door half way through the next season. None of us where in the FO when this was actually planned so anything could happen.

7. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

Just a little FYI for you, most of Tebow's big passes in the Pitt game came against Zone coverage.

8. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Champ Bailey has been quoted by John Lynch, among others, as saying the defense played harder under Tebow than Orton, because they knew they had a shot if they kept it close into the 4th quarter.

Bailey recently said this about when talking about Tebow after the trade to the Jets:

So it's not just his fans who think Tebow's work ethic and competitive drive are noteworthy, it's future Hall-of-Famers as well.

#128 catsigater, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  9. Demosthenes9

Welcome to the real world, where the QB gets the credit. Head on over to a stat site such as Pro Football Reference and see who gets credited for 4th Q comebacks and game winning drives. Yep, the QB.

Or, think about John Elway and how he is known for "The Drive". Do you recall that Sammy Winder made a lot of plays on that drive ? Or Steve Sewell's catch ? Or Mark Jackson's play ?

Does anyone say "Well, even with the TD, that only brought the score to 20-19, Karlis still had to make the PAT".

Or is it remembered that "The Drive" only resulted in tying the game, and that Denver won it in OT on a Karlis FG ?

With that said, sure, the defense deserves credit as does Prater and the special teams. BUT, if not for what Tebow did, all those games would have been great performances by the defense, but still would have been close losses. Take the Jets game for example. If Tebow doesn't drive the Broncos down for a score, they would have lost. It's that simple.

10. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

Thats college. big deal. I am talking about the pros. He wasn't anywhere near this popular until ESPN and Fox decided to put tebow on non-stop for 6-8 weeks. They are using him for ratings as do most writers. He is so polarizing because he would do well then stink then stink then do well. So many want him to succeed and so many want him to fail its really quite interesting.

11. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

I'm not talking about college in this particular instance to indicate why I think he is a good QB. It was to answer why he is popular, so I don't see why you would say, "That's college. big deal."

He was popular because of his college exploits. He has become more popular for what has transpired in his NFL career. I think a big part of his popularity are his detractors. For example, when people think somebody sucks, they usually don't spend all day roaming a forum called "Tebowmania" just to argue against people who are his fans. The more attention his detractors pay to him, the more this story grows.

Until Mel Kiper Jr. and Merril Hoge said Tebow sucked, Tebowmania was localized to UF. You can thank them for taking this to the next level.

12. Bannon

Bannon New Member

No question, this is part of it. Tebow's haters and critics keep lowering the bar, saying he can't even play. Then he goes out and does something cool and it makes it more enjoyable.

13. Demosthenes9

Building on what Backup said, Tebow had a lot of fame and notoriety coming out of college, similar to what Luck and RG3 had this past year. He had 2 NC's and a Heisman to his name and was regarded by many (even "experts") as one of the greatest college QBs to ever play the game. Then there was the question of whether he could be successful in the NFL.

It was because of this that ESPN and NFLN started hyping him as the season went along. It was "the great question of the day" that they had been waiting for an answer to, ever since Tebow got drafted in the first round by Denver.

If you will, it would be similar to what would have happened had Manning stayed in Indy and started, with Luck being the 2nd stringer and having to wait. If/when Luck did take over, it would generate a lot of coverage. If he went on a winning streak, that coverage would multiply. If he won games in such an unorthodox manner as Tebow did, the coverage would go through the roof, though it probably wouldn't reach the same heights, as unlike Tebow, Luck is expected to produce.

14. phaytal

phaytal New Member

I am completely blown away but the Tebow idiocy sometimes.

Tim Tebow, was not reported on heavily because of his potential. He was reported on because he was overpaid for by Josh McDaniels, and because he is the flag ship for the moral right. He was a headliner, because he was controversial. Period.

Yes, we all agree that Tebow was one of the greatest college football players in history. But he is not even in the same conversation with the greatest quarterbacks in NCAA history. He had a ridiculously amazing system built for him, on top of a sick running game that allowed him single coverage on almost every single play. His line was so good that every single one of them made it to the NFL. He both ran and passed behind the most talented college line in history.

Let me repeat that; Every single lineman he had on his UF squads made it to the NFL. Two of them were first round picks. Do you have any idea how good you have to be to be a first round offensive lineman?

Does any of that take away from what he accomplished? No. Could any talented QB won Nationals Championships behind that line? Absolutely.

And finally, mentioning Tim Tebow in the same sentence with Manning and Luck is unbelievably insulting to both of them. Both Manning and Luck were #1 overall picks. Manning will be a first ballot Hall of Famer, and Luck was the most sought after QB prospect since Manning. Lumpi9ng them in with Tebow, a player that Josh McDaniels drastically overpaid for, is just plain stupid.

15. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I'm sure you have a broad definition of "made it to the NFL," but even by any definition it's a little early for a lot of them. Other than the Pouncey twins, none of them that I'm aware of has truly embarked on an NFL career that is sure to last.

The Pouncey twins were truly special.

16. sg3

sg3 Banned

The diff is that those OL guys were probably talented and could play OL whereas Saint Timmy is hopelessly inadequate as far as being an NFL passing QB is concerned

Good fullback and punt protector though...we hope

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Tim Tebow was immensely popular before he was drafted by McDaniels. The wide coverage of him nationally began in his freshman year at UF. The point at which this all became silly is when Mel Kiper Jr and Merril Hoge STUNNED the sports world by saying he cannot play QB after the stellar career he had at UF. Then, all of a sudden, he was branded as a guy who cannot throw and only ran the football at UF which is simply not true. Following that, the media circus blew up and people chose sides. We are still at that point today.

I truly feel that Tim Tebow is hated by many because quite frankly, he killed a lot of peoples' favorite college teams. UF is particularly hated as a university due its overwhelming success athletically. A lot of the petty jealousy and hatred of Tebow and UF has manifested into what we are seeing.

When you talk about the greatest QBs in NCAA history, Tim Tebow is superior to Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. Sorry to break it to you. Peyton Manning was so great in college, he never won a Heisman. Tebow won it as a sophomore, and should have won it a second time (got robbed). Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck never won a damn thing in college. At least Peyton played in the SEC, though. Luck played in a weak conference.

Tebow is not only in the conversation as the best college QB of all time, but also the best college football player which is an even greater honor.

18. phaytal

phaytal New Member

Both Manning and Luck were better quarterbacks in high school than Tebow will ever be. Most of the greatest QBs of all time did not play in the SEC, and the last great Stanford quarterback is the same guy that traded Tebow for a six pack of Coors light, and a soft pretzel.

Lay off the bath salts.

19. TTTTebowAndTheJets

[​IMG]

20. hutch2426

hutch2426 New Member

Bath salts are good bro! Good for foot therapy, chewing faces, and apparently making shitty beer and pretzel jokes!