OT: Madden12 - NYJets XboxLive

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Ajitator, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Bored,... Filler. Figured there's got to be a decent amount of people on the board that play Madden,. and a decent amount that like to play as the JETS.

I've never played an online game of Madden not as the JETS. Curious if anyone out there is as dumb ( ? dedicated ? ) to do the same and what strategies you use against certain teams that EVERYONE seems to play with. ( Ravens, Pats, Niners, Giants ).

I have a record barely over 500 after ~75 games, But I'm actually pretty happy with that considering the handicap I'm faced with playing as the JETS. ( Jets are 79 Most 'good' teams are 85 + so dealing with ~ a 10point overall rating handicap, Pats are a 92 i think pfft)

Shonn Greene - This guy is a Madden work horse. I've had games where i've rushed for over 400 yards against the Ravens. I usually play a lot of Jumbo sets and move Ducasse into the 2nd TE ( switched with nelson on pass plays ). Also Plaxico is actually a great blocker for some reason in this game ( hah ) Put him in as the WR on the side you want to run to and watch the CB get OWNED.

Keller - Obviously mismatch nightmare, many teams will put man coverage with a CB or their better LB. If it's a LB I use Keller as a decoy and move his man and run into the vacated spot. He's also able to beat most LBs on balls over the middle but Sanchez also likes to that ball low and will get swatted or picked by a LB.

Santonio Holmes - I always try and keep holmes on the week side of the defensive formation. If the CB is playing off coverage the slant is on almost everytime. He's got enough speed if he can break a tackle he's gone. One big problem I have here, if anyone has any pointers, is that Sanchez seems to have a hard time delivering this ball in stride ( lol, they are getting more and more accurate with these games huh? )

Plaxico - I really never liked him being on the Jets and what's true in life really reflects in the game ( he's terrible btwn the 20s ). Curl routes work ok with an off CB since he's got a huge body, But where he really shines is within the 10 yard line.. If he can get 1 on 1 put him in a fade route then toss it up to the corner.. 3/4 times he's going to come down with it.

One place i really struggle is with balls over the middle, I've used Harris in a zone often to try and compensate for the lack of coverage LB. Works most of the time but faster TE's and Slot receivers kill me ( How real is this game? )

What are some strategies you guys play with?

#1 Ajitator, Jul 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Switch Holmes to the slot (swithch him with Kerley). You can do explosive slant routes in the middle of the field that is impossible to cover. Keller is a mismatch to. Agreed Greene is great in madden.

3. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Shonn Greene is a work horse. The proof is in Madden!

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Here's how you score:

Set the game controller down and look out the window. The first girl that walk by, go out and talk to her!

5. Ajitator

Says the guy with 4500 posts ;)

6. blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr

blEEdgrEEnaLLyEEr New Member

Lol. Hahaha. That's a good. Needed that laught. Thanks.

7. Ajitator

Apologies for the misplaced post. I forgot there was a VideoGames section. Thanks for updating, Mod.

8. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

ouch!.....

9. TennMike

TennMike New Member

havent played since college. Man, do i miss college....

10. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The hardest team to play is Panthers and Eagles because of Newton and Vick. If Madden actually fixed their game like they said, these players won't be able to throw bombs across their body on a rope on the run. If its still there, you will notice players love rolling out to the same side every single time. Send a corner blitz and they panic. Send a double corner blitz on the next play. Then when you get the ball, just run it down their throat and don't let them get the ball back.

I play with whatever team except the Patriots, Dolphins, and Bills. When I play friends its 2 random teams and then a do or die team. You can pick either 2 teams you got in random or you could do a third random and you have to play with them.

Online, I just match up. If someone is the Steelers, I go Ravens. Someone is the Saints, I go Falcons. Get some fun matchups.

11. joolander

joolander New Member

I usually run the spread offense and change everyone's routes at the line. This doesn't work for the jets because Sanchez isn't accurate enough. So I run the ground and pound with play action.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

12. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

When I played Madden 12 online, I would always play as the Jets. If they team I was playing against was the Eagles or Panthers I would put Maybin on the DL and then audible him to a QB Spy.

13. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

ehhh i have more posts than that and get some on the reg.

14. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

LOL,

He ran right into that one.