Jets hidden treasure - WR

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Good write up, GM.

Do you know what type of injuries Schilens has had? Were they bumps and bruises or season ending type injuries? Knees? Concussions?

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

[​IMG]

3. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I believe that Hill will be our best draftee this year. I predic he will be among the top 5 rookies this season.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I could be wrong but I do not think that he had any major injuries,,,,I think they were more pulls or strains that lingered forever. I remember seeing him on the injury report for a bunch of weeks where he was not listed out but probable or questionable and he just never played :breakdance: then again the same can be said for most of the Raider WR,,, they were always listed this way and were ALL banged up or hurt in some way .
    Maybe someone else knows better or can look up his injuriy history:beer:

#44 CBG, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  5. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Ironically Chaz was one of the few Jets WRs without a pull or strain during minicamp.

6. I'm really excited to see what this WR corps can do. Alot of young exciting talent. They will need to someone to step up..who will it be?

7. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

The folks over at Turn on the Jets site are high on the Ganaway kid (The WR, not the RB). He's another 4.3 40 guy, but a longshot to make the team. I think our WRs will be a strength this year as the return to ground and pound opens up the play action passing game.

8. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Time will tell. Id prefer a vet warrior like Braylon instead of a slacker like Holmes leading the WR corps.

9. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Just let it go man.

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Lets not forget about Kerley he will have a big year.

11. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

What exactly makes him a slacker? Because of the Miami game last year?

Because thats not slacking. Quitting, probably, but not slacking.

Holmes has never been accused of slacking ever in his NFL career.

or is this based on the fact he tossed his helmet in OTA's because his Hammy was tightening up and asked to not take so many reps? Because Lal (WR Coach) was quoted as saying his guys do that all the time, particularly in the summer. He said Hill, Kerley and Schillens had said the same thing to him on the same day. The media just bitched like crazy to continue the spiraling controversy around Holmes and the Jets offense this summer.

Vet Warrior? I love Braylon, but by all accounts he was a shitty teammate who didn't practice hard and was quite possibly a bigger problem in the locker room during our 2010 run than Holmes was a year ago. That doesn't sound like some all powerful vet warrior out their leading the troops. I get that he showed up when the games mattered in 2010, but so did Holmes. In 2011 neither guy was worth much, but Holmes was worth more than Braylon in 2011 (as far as on field contributions go).

And RJ is right, Braylon isn't coming back barring an injury in TC (and even then I don't know...) time to let it go man.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

No but most of the Bills fans that showed up after Mario Williams got signed will leave for at least a while.

Why do Bills fans keep trying to hype up Merriman like he still has an NFL career? He's been done for years, he's nothing more than a zombie walking the graveyard of the NFL in Buffalo.

You guys remind me of the Fins fans after they signed Brandon Marshall.

13. GMCJETS

GMCJETS New Member

Is the Miami game the only game you watched all last season? Holmes is nt worth anywhere near what they are paying him. Really..............

14. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Bills fans are excited about Merriman because he finally fixed his long injury situation. Looking from the outside in, Merriman has been injured every year for the last 3 years. But when you are involved in the situation, you begin to realize its actually been the same injury: his achilles. He refused to get surgery for 3 years and tried to fix it with rehab. He'd injure it, be out for 6 months rehabbing, come back, injure it, be out for 6 months rehabbing, come back, etc. Last year he finally was convinced to get the surgery and he's said its the best he's felt in 4-5 years.

I dont know how well he's going to come back from that, he probably wont be the all-star he once was, but we dont need him to be. Right now, he's on our second team d-unit and will help on pass rushing downs. I think he's certainly capable of that.

15. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Holmes is the best skill position player on the Jet O.

As for the other comments about the Jet wideouts, I think more mention should be made of Kerley. If he comes on early the way he finished last year, he could be huge for the Jets.

But all talk of wideout success will depend on Sanchez and the OL getting it done.

16. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

With Plax on the opposite, a failing D Mason in the slot.. and a failing game plan.... Holmes had bracket coverage on him almost every game, And when he didn't Sanchez was getting flattened

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I see. So it's OK for Bills fans to hype up and be excited about a guy who hasn't done shit in years because he finally had major surgery that he had been pushing off. He could be a positive role player!

But when Jets fans hype up and get excited about a guy who broke out for the first time in his career last season at 23 years old and bulked up in the offseason we're out of line and need you guys to temper our expectations. He's only a role player!

Got it. :up:

18. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Ah don't worry he's just butthurt just like the majority of Bill fans. We could very well have Maybin breakout and put up numbers similar to Mario Williams at a fraction of the price lmao

19. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

Its "Bills Logic". Lights-out or Maybin...who would you rather have? Sanchez or the Beard? The only position I see the Bills having a leg up on the Jets is the RB position. And no, not your D Line...I would take ours over the Bills still!

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Sanchez is much better then Fitzpatrick. He is a journeyman QB who signed a big deal and fell apart. He was awful last year and there is no reason to expect him to be better this year.