Have been asked a number of times why do I like Tebow...

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Demosthenes9, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Demosthenes9

Demosthenes9 Well-Known Member

This video does a pretty good job of showing many of the reasons:

[YOUTUBE]nbHYPi6fMlQ[/YOUTUBE]

To those that aren't Tebow fans, or might even be haters, I ask that you set your thoughts (hatred) aside for a few minutes, watch the vid and see of your opinion about him changes.

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I already was a fan, but that made me like him a bit more for sure. I really think he will be a successful quarterback in the NFL...

just not with us.

3. RobertPooner

RobertPooner Banned

So many of you fail to recognize greatness when you see it, puts me in the minority but it's gonna be so much sweeter when i'm proven right, and i get to call you out.

4. TheMoops

TheMoops New Member

I just feel like the haters will always hate. For some reason they don't like this kid even though he plays with incredible passion, wins games in the clutch, and is an amazing role model off the field.

Even if Tebow wins a Super Bowl playing qb haters won't give him his due. Like last season, haters will say, Well he got some lucky bounces, or He had a great kicker or Defense saves him... never that Tebow made a play to help win the game.

That's just the way Haters think...

5. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I guess all the GM in the NFL are haters? Once he earns a starting job and IF he does something with it then us haters u claim we are will give him his props. I'm sorry but I have seen Tebow play a bunch of games and I just don't see him being a NFL QB. If I'm proven wrong I will be the first to say it.

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Just so u know I loved watching Tebow play in college and even back then I said he would never be a starting QB in the NFL.

7. cval

cval Well-Known Member

We have two National Championship winning Qbs on our roster and neither one will be a starting NFL Qb.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I'm shocked that an NFL player had success in HS & college AND has a desire to win. Maybe you should follow 99% of the players in the league around and defend their honor.

9. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

Great thread. Tebow just knows how to win. As an fsu fan who hated playing him in college, I recognize that he just has that x factor needed to win championships. Call it the winning edge, burning desire, whatever you want. He has that intangible "it" quality that tells me that he's going to win a title some day. Maybe not as a starting quarterback, but in a significant role no less.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

see my sig

you do realize that alot of people hate him because you guys come with him.if he didnt have the fan fare he would just be a great college qb who may make it in the pros with the right team

#10 FJF, Jul 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

My opinion on him has been the same since day one.

Great athlete, great football player. I just don't see him as a long lasting franchise qb. But if anyone has the work ethic to prove me wrong. Its tebow.

Still don't think he proves me wrong though.

12. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

What he had was the best College team on the planet. You guys act like he played all 22 positions on the field. he had NUMEROUS NFL PLAYERS surrounding him and a world class college FB coach. Yet its all Tebow, nobody else did anything if Tebow was playing at any other school he doesn't win shit. Just knows how to win? Then how come he has 7 NFL losses under his belt and 9 wins? The Ginger from Cincy has the same record does he "Just know how to win" Sanchez is 32-22 including playoffs I guess he is another "Just knows how to win guy"

13. metsnjets

metsnjets Banned

Nope. Great college QB that was surrounded by NFL TALENT and in a system that his coaches devised just for him because they had no choice because he cant run a regular offense. Don't mean shit in the NFL.

14. reverseapachemaster

LOLZ that whole video was just self-congratulatory bullshit. You could put the same video together about 99.9% of players in the NFL. They have a desire to succeed. They were good in HS and College, too. Just because you put some Bible verses and ominous music around some video clips doesn't state any fact that changes an opinion.

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I don't think people hate Tebow, they just get annoyed when people act like he's the second coming or that he's better than Sanchez. I agree he's an X factor and I do think he makes the Jets a better team overall, but he's not a starting QB, at least not yet. It's easy to make a collaboration of all the good plays he's made, but somebody could just as easily make one with just as many bad plays. I'm excited about having him on the Jets, but he's not above the team, he's part of it.

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

That did alwayss piss me off considering he was on one of the best college teams of all time. People like to sweep that under the rug.

I have a good amount of friends who are UF alums. Some are realistic bout tebow. Some still see him wearing a cape.

None of them like to admit Cam Newton iss 1000x th player he is

17. stephenpe

stephenpe New Member

Why would someone admit something so stupid? Time will tell. As for character and work ethic it aint even close. One stole a lap top computer (hence is exit from UF and ending up at Auburn) and the other stole a million hearts with his
    play and fire.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I don't think we can judge someone on character or work ethic by one mistake they made in college. He got his big payday from the NFL and hasn't been in the news for doing anything bad.

That's another reason a lot of people are more annoyed with the way Tebow is portrayed than Tebow himself. "stole a million hears with his play and fire". Cam Newton did that last year in the NFL. You can say that about any player where all of sudden the media focuses on him. Mike Trout in the MLB is doing that. Quick in the NHL and Thomas the year before just did it. Jeremy Lin, Blake Griffin, etc etc.

19. Demosthenes9

So, you hate him just because there are things about him that make other people like him a whole lot ?

Interesting.

20. Demosthenes9

He had the best college team on the planet ? Surely you aren't forgetting the USC team that Sanchez played for. I do believe they had 11 players drafted into the NFL that year, which led all colleges.

And guess what ? Even having the 'best team" doesn't get you a NC. It often takes more than talent.

As for Tebow having the same record as Dalton, Dalton also had a phenomenal receiver in AJ Green and a coaching staff that actually believe in him. Doesn't hurt that he's a more developed passer as well.

As for Sanchez, are you sure that you want to go down that route ? If you do, we can look at the fact that through their first 16 starts, Tebow has much better overall stats than Sanchez, AND better passing stats. This, even though Sanchez was given the starting job immediately and was taking first team snaps in OTAs and TC from the get go, whereas Tebow didn't have the same opportunities.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing that Tebow is better than Sanchez right now or that Tebow should be the starter. Sanchez has more experience, has had more NFL experience to develop and is the better passer right now.