OMG Aaron Maybin has been working out with Laron Landry & Micheal Phelps

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Bob Robbins

Bob Robbins New Member

Isn't it obvious? As much as Bills fans may deny it until they're blue in the face, it seriously pisses them off that Maybin has had any success at all here. And it should.

And Bills are a better franchise being 0-4 in SBs vs. 1-0 for the Jets? Give me a freaking break. Not to mention how irrelevant they've been since. I'm sure it was thrilling to watch your team make the SB 4 years straight at the time, but all they will be remembered as is a laughable 4 time failure.

#81 Bob Robbins, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  2. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

We Jets fans are going to love watching Maybin 2.0 get after QBs this season.Buffalo fans need to enjoy Mario Williams and pray he stays healthy. Your offense is going to be explosive and mistake prone so long as Fitzpatrick is your quarterback, so figure on a record around 6-10 or 7-9, and hope to God that Ralph Wilson's ticker holds out a little longer, so your team isn't shuffled off from Buffalo to Toronto.

#82 Will-I-Am-Not, Jul 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Bills fans think we go over the top about Maybin? Has anyone been to the Bills forum lately. They are all creaming themselves over Mario Williams and Fred Jackson like they are going to bring them to the promised land. Jackson's best year was last year and he missed 6 games. Now he is 31. Mario Williams missed 11 games last year and hasn't had double digit sacks since 08. Mario Williams is good but he is not Jared Allen not even close.

Bills won't win 7 games.

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Agree 100%.....

5. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

He got big, hopefully he'll get about 8-10 sacks this season.

6. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

So you're trying to rationalize Jets fans "going over the top" about one of their players by showing that Bills fans do the same thing.

And you try and accomplish this by comparing the Jets fans' excitement about Aaron Maybin, a player who has accomplished next to nothing so far in this league, to Bills fans' excitement about 2 players who are among the top 10-15 at their position?

I think you managed to strengthen my argument even more :rofl2:

7. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I worry about these guys that get the body builder physiques. It seems like the tighter muscles are more likely to tear the tendons from the joints.

These guys seem to wind up with torn achilles or other joints...

8. Milliner is your Mommy

Im saying a perennial losing team is going much more over the top by the addition of an overrated player. Also Fred Jackson is not top 10. You're on a Jets board you shouldn't be surprised by people being excited. You shouldn't talk until your team can put up a winning season.

9. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

-1 internets for you for your poorly disguised trolling.

Also, you sound fat. Go be fat somewhere else.

Like toronto...i hear they're getting an NFL team soon.

10. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

The Bills team as a whole accomplished next to nothing in the past dozen years.

11. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

Maybin will weigh upwards of 280 lbs. when he rips Harvard's head off and eats it whole in week 1.

12. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

I really think us playing buffalo Wk1 is a Huge motivation factor for Maybin. Regardless I know he has played aganist Buff before. But this year is year 2 in the system with higher hopes then last year

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Can't wait for week 1. Jets match up with the bills and I think we come out strong and get the W.

14. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Agreed. 100%

Get ready Bills fans.

15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

It's going to be awesome if Maybin out-sacks Williams.

17. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Starting the official Aaron Maybin torn achilles countdown... right....... now.

18. fltflo

fltflo Active Member

These and many other questions will need to be answered this season. This is why this upcoming season will be critical to the Jets. Maybin development is just one issue facing this club along with Mark's continuing development and many of this last three years draft picks beginning to enhance the over all play of the Jets.
    If players develop as planned the Jets will join the elite teams of the NFL and secure the CS jobs for many years to come while also making the F/O look damn good.
    So the majority of these arguments will be settled by seasons end and it will be interesting so see the wolves both within and without the Jets react if it goes badly for the Jets. By the same token it will fun to watch the so called experts double talk there way around a
    Jets team that is becoming dominate and a force to be reckoned with...

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?15ofto

19. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Mario is actually a legit star in this league. He gets double teams and offenses game plan to stop him. Compare that to Maybin, who no one cares about, and I'd say he has much more opportunity for sack numbers.

Mario is an actual starter. He does more than come on the field when you're in a dime defense. His sack numbers at the end of the year dont matter as much because of what he brings on every play. You cannot say the same for Maybin.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

For some one no one cares about you Bills fans seem to have an awful lot to say about him.

Funny how a guy on the field a percentage of the time has a good shot at getting more sacks.