What do jets fans think of what jim kelly said?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GRNYT, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Wait wait wait... so you would rather never make it to the super bowl than make it and lose?

What the hell? :lol:

2. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

yes I would

3. RochesterJet

Have you ever been to Buffalo? Have kids? My guess is no to both questions. As a player, you can live well beyond your means in a city/area that has great public schoold (Private ones too), great parks, very good resturants (yes besides wings), close to Toronto (cleaner NYC), and manufacturing is boombing in case you havent watched the news. So, if I was a former NFL-er and played for the Bills I would probably put my roots down there. NYC is great for a younder player who wants glitz and glammor, but cities like KC, Twin Cities, GB, and Indy would be ideal for retired players with familes.

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Billsover,,,,to be honest YES I would rather the jets not get there than to get there and lose ! To me it is not about regular season wins ---see Marty Schott,,perennial loser,,,,it's not about winning playoff games,,,in the last 3 years we are 4-2 in the playoffs and although it sounds nice that ain't what it is about for me. The objective is to win the whole thing,,,,I will be excited should the Jets get there in my lifetime,,,but should they lose ,,,,yeah I would rather not have gone. When kids or little leaguers are playing it is about having fun and playing hard,,,giving it your best,,,,when you are talking pros it's about being THE BEST!

5. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

6. patfanken

patfanken Banned

Anyone not taking the Bills seriously this season is delusional. Just off hand, on paper, they have the best DL in the division the most proven pass rushers and arguably the best RB combo. They have a capable, if not spectacular WR group and Stevie Johnson is the best receiver in the division not playing for the Pats. They do have some questions with their OL and secondary, but so does every other team in the division.

7. RochesterJet

Do you agree that teams need to "learn how to win"? I think they do; in that case the Bills are a long way off. Just a question Ken, Who is Buffalo's #2 receiver? Who is their #3, and #4? Do I think the Bills D will be improved based on the FA talent they signed, yes improved. But I don’t think dominate will be how they are defined. Look at the LBers, Nick Barnett is a nice player, but who else? No, I dont have any real concernes with the Jets secondary, you may as a Pats fan (I would if I were you) How about corners? They will be starting a rookie and who is their nickel? Safety? The Bills have some nice pieces, but to call them a contender is a little speculative, even for a Pats fan. Bye Ken

8. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

It's actually a common thought among players and coaches who have lost a SB that they'd rather have not gotten there in the first place because the pain is that much worse.

9. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

There are many people out there who think the Bills will be better than the Jets this season.

ESPN, ProFootballTalk and USA Today have all predicted the Bills finish ahead of the Jets this year.

The Bills had a great off-season and draft and the Jets really didn't do that much to improve.

10. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Anybody who says they would rather lose 4 straight then not make it is smoking crack, maybe by the 4th one it'sold news but I'm in my mid 30's and have seen them lose AFC Title games in the eraly 80's, 98 and the last two. I would trade one of those to even make and lose a SB.

11. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Yes the Jets will be better this year as will the Bills. The team that will drop this year from last is the Patriots. They lost their best o-line man their defense still sucks and their WR are average at best.

Jets- 11-5 win division

Bills- 9-7 second place

Patsies 8-8 - No way they win eleven again.

The two tight end set will be figured out and the defense will still be bad plus a Superbowl lull. They still have Brady but he will not have the time he has become accustomed to in the pocket.

The Bills split the Jets sweep the Pats.

12. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Well if they predicted it, it must be true. :rolleyes: We all know what the paper good offseasons are written on is good for.

13. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

Could be one of the funniest posts I have read on a football message board.

I don't know what is funnier, the Jets winning 11 games or the Pats losing 8 games.

Do you add sugar to the green kool aid?

14. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

True, but my point is the Bills will have a good football team this year.

Both Pats fans and Jets fans should not write them off as in recent years.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The Bills have sucked for over a decade. One good offseason on paper isn't exactly striking fear into me. I'll believe it when I see it.

16. patfanken

patfanken Banned

17. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Technically he is right. The Jets won the AFL Championship game to get to Super Bowl lll, technically.

18. WiscJets

WiscJets Member

Jim Kelly was manning before sportcasters were smart enough to realize. Him and Thurman disgusted me as competition, but were great.

he is just trash talking, good for him. I respect him more as an opponent and a QB than Brady. Brady is a system he has the talent to run, K-gun was just pretty cool (when not against Jets).

Let him talk :)

19. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

That is an honest assessment of the Bills that I agree with.

However, I dont think anyone here is saying that the Bills are contenders for the division yet or the super bowl (minus any trolls). All we are saying is the Bills are contenders for the wild card and #2 spot in the division with the Jets.

20. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member